• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The plane bunny is very good, the Loch Ness monster is okay, and the baseball gorilla sucks.

Plane bunny is the best Pokemon ever, unfortunately the evidence is good it's fake. Still neither a believer nor disbeliever though, on the off-chance my wildest dreams could come true. :cry:

All three are fake. Astrobunny and baseball monkey are designs by Kim Siwoo; he made Astrobunny last year before we even knew about Scirbunny, and some feeb on 4chan stole it and passed it off as a "leak." Baseball monkey was made for fun after Sword and Shield were revealed

Kim also made this:

Astrobunny and Baseball gorilla are both boring imo. Water Lizard is cool though.

Astrobunny and Baseball gorilla are both boring imo. Water Lizard is cool though.

At least they have a non-generic theme going on. Sure, Nessie may look okay, but it has no real theme going on other than "being a lizard".

Mind, the baseball one is my least favorite, but you're talking about them in terms of being "boring" or "interesting", so...

At least they have a non-generic theme going on. Sure, Nessie may look okay, but it has no real theme going on other than "being a lizard".
Wait for it to become what you don't expect. We have had a crowned emperor pinguin, a samurai sea lion, a tongue scarfed ninja frog and a singing mermaid in the last 4 gens. Sobble has all the potential to follow the water starters great designs. Water has always the most original concept

Then how are people who don't have Pokemon Go going to get Meltan and Melmetal? There will obviously be an event for them in Sword and Shield.

He meant that Meltan won’t get plot importance or a new form.

An event for Meltan could be done without that.
Plus, the entire reason for Meltan’s existence is Pokemon Go promotion so I’m not certain they’ll do an event. It’s a free app, after all.

Edit: got Greninja’d by Riley himself

Mind, the baseball one is my least favorite, but you're talking about them in terms of being "boring" or "interesting", so...
You are right, actually. Boring is not what I meant. Just not very good designs.

Astrobunny looks like a character from Buggs Bunny. The Gorilla looks like Donkey Kong. At least the lizard looks like a creature designed by Game Freak.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
All three are fake. Astrobunny and baseball monkey are designs by Kim Siwoo; he made Astrobunny last year before we even knew about Scirbunny, and some feeb on 4chan stole it and passed it off as a "leak." Baseball monkey was made for fun after Sword and Shield were revealed

Kim also made this:
View attachment 116766
Ah, he made that one. Well mystery solved

Sobble has the classic Chameleon tail, eyes and is where its Japanese name comes from as well as its name in most other languages so clearly thats a major part of its inspiration, but has that reptile / fish like fin on its head.
Some chameleons do have a “fin” on their head.

Attachments

• 2B3DCDF5-151A-43EA-ACF6-93D7E48B9F05.jpeg
    2B3DCDF5-151A-43EA-ACF6-93D7E48B9F05.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 50
Sighhh, l just know I will end up putting too much faith in GF and get way too hyped from the fake leaks just to get disappointed when the evos are revealed, as always (anyone remembers these awesome Delphox fakes? Still have war flashbacks from the XY leak season :((( ). For some reason I almost always never like the starter lines. And since the new ones are seemingly heading towards a sports theme... Thank you, but no thank you. Hope I'm proven wrong though, since for now I love them so much!

Attachments

• 1380139034612.png
    1380139034612.png
    236.8 KB · Views: 242
  • fWORxbQ.jpg
    fWORxbQ.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 113
Yeah if all three starters in this gen end up having a sports theme, I might just skip Sword and Shield and its sequels.

Yeah if all three starters in this gen end up having a sports theme, I might just skip Sword and Shield and its sequels.
People actually said that Gen 7 would be Circus Themed, and that didn't came about except for the theme of Archer, Wrestler and Siren.
Perhaps Gen 8 would go down the same path.

All I would see of the starters being circus or sports themed are red herrings to their true evolution paths that will be revealed by october or november.

It’d be fine as a stand alone or a two stage line, but as an evolution for Scorbunny... no.
It barely even qualifies as a fire type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom