• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Regions Would You Like to See In Future Games?

Benelux would be a decent region, though I could use a break from that part of the world
yeah but then you expand the amount of land you use XD Luxemburg was simply the first landlocked country I thought of

I'd like them to do another extreme region, like how Alola was extremely tropical. My dream choices would be a mostly desert African region like Egypt or a very cold one like Norway or Scandinavia.

But if they want to keep doing balanced regions like Unova, Kalos and Galar then then it's time to go south, with either any country of South America or Australia.

That's Easy; I Have a whole list:
  1. Italy
  2. Brazil
  3. Alaska
  4. Spain
  5. Russia
  6. Canada
  7. Romania(I.E. Transylvania as the real country is called in the modern day)
  8. Germany
  9. Mexico
  10. Texas
  11. Australia
  12. South Africa
  13. India
  14. China

Given the advanced hardware capabilities of the Switch, I think its high time to make a region based on a much larger geographical area. As some have posted above, Brazil and Australia come to mind as great candidates for their size and geographical diversity. 'Straya in particular seems like a good choice due to the fact that is is conveniently surrounded entirely by water.

Dang, now I'm thinking of all the great things we could have in an Australian region...
-Bring back the Dive field move to explore the Great Barrier Reef
-Approximately 50 new species of Pokemon, 3/4 of which are either snakes or spiders
-The entire Outback as an open exploration area
-You are challenged by Gym Leader Irwin!
-An entire city where everybody is named Bruce

Given the advanced hardware capabilities of the Switch, I think its high time to make a region based on a much larger geographical area. As some have posted above, Brazil and Australia come to mind as great candidates for their size and geographical diversity. 'Straya in particular seems like a good choice due to the fact that is is conveniently surrounded entirely by water.

Dang, now I'm thinking of all the great things we could have in an Australian region...
-Bring back the Dive field move to explore the Great Barrier Reef
-Approximately 50 new species of Pokemon, 3/4 of which are either snakes or spiders
-The entire Outback as an open exploration area
-You are challenged by Gym Leader Irwin!
-An entire city where everybody is named Bruce
Couldn't the Professor be based off of Steven Irwin?!! Like in Mr. Buddy's What If Australia was a Pokemon Region video?!!

I would love to see another region again that isn't just based on a single country. Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Beijing or a combination of central American countries would be amazing I think.

I would love to see another region again that isn't just based on a single country. Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Beijing or a combination of central American countries would be amazing I think.
actually four of them are based on One Country; the first 4 regions were parts of Japan; Kanto being the Kanto region of Japan; Johto being the Kansai region of Japan; Hoenn being The Kyushu region of Japan; and Sinnoh being the Hokkaido Region. . . every other region in a Core Pokemon game(meaning Orre doesn't count; as that was a SPINOFF region from 2 console spinoff games) since then is based off of an Non-japanese country; Two of them were based off of the US(Unova being New york; and Alola being Hawaii); one of them based off of France; and the other one based off of England. . .

actually four of them are based on One Country; the first 4 regions were parts of Japan; Kanto being the Kanto region of Japan; Johto being the Kansai region of Japan; Hoenn being The Kyushu region of Japan; and Sinnoh being the Hokkaido Region. . . every other region in a Core Pokemon game(meaning Orre doesn't count; as that was a SPINOFF region from 2 console spinoff games) since then is based off of an Non-japanese country; Two of them were based off of the US(Unova being New york; and Alola being Hawaii); one of them based off of France; and the other one based off of England. . .

Exactly, so why is it that 9/10 replies in this thread are based on countries? I would love it if the next region would be based on something different than just a country. (Or at least ones that aren't so obvious).

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom