• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon TCG has been announcing these new tag team cards or whatever. Like Venusaur and celebi or Gengar and mimikyu, do you think that would have anything to do with gen 8? I personally don't but just putting this out there.

I can't believe Masuda legalized 2 vs 1 battles for LGPE xD

Last edited:
I hope they aren't a thing in Galar. =s I don't have anything against co-op play, but 2vs1 is... not the right way to go about with it.

I'd prefer if co-op play be reserved for like, multi-battles against (insert Battle Facility here) NPCs and not your average joe.

Anyway, on topic: What kind of pokemon is everyone hoping to see for galar forms?
I think poison-type teddiursa (has some kind of poison soaked into its paws?) would be really interesting.
Despite my love of regional variants I haven't given too much thought on what I want to see get Galaran Forms (as long as we are getting them. Which I sure hope we are. Regional variants has to be my favorite gimmick of the Pokemon games, it just adds so much more lore to the world).

I was saying how much I don't want to see Zubat in the dex of this game before, but seeing as bats are a pretty common in one it seems (based on the little bits of research I've done). I think I would be okay with seeing a regional variant for Zubat. Maybe it could get a sort of Vampire like look to it, where it's fangs are bigger and sharper. Could be a Ghost/Flying or a Dark/Flying type, or just a Ghost/Dark type. It could be black with the insides of it's wings being red, and add a couple extra spikes on it or something. And of course it would evolve to get bigger and more vampire looking.

I feel like I also might have mentioned this on this thread here, or another one. But I think it would also be cool to see an Ice type Reindeer for Stantler. It could even be a more recent regional form, since Reindeer were re-introduced to the UK recently. Give Stantler a longer and fluffier coat with some white fir around his flank and neck and make those antlers a bit bigger and blam, Ice type Reindeer stantler.

Not a huge fan of regional variants if we only get a handful of them like we had for Alola forms.

idk, it really saddened me that Game Freak wasn't really willing to go beyond like... the 17 or so Pokemon that had regional variants and generally kept it around that number. If we had like....25+ Mega Evolutions, then surely Game Freak can go with a less conservative number for regional variants? It just seems like kind of a waste otherwise.

Perhaps in London at Post-Game they would bring the Pokemon World Tournament back, having Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova Gym Leaders and Champions, with the inclusions of those in Kalos, (Alola's Trial Captains if possible) and re-battle the Galar Gym Masters.

Perhaps in London at Post-Game they would bring the Pokemon World Tournament back, having Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova Gym Leaders and Champions, with the inclusions of those in Kalos, (Alola's Trial Captains if possible) and re-battle the Galar Gym Masters.
You know, I would also like for them to add the Elite Four, too. Maybe put the Trial Captains with the Gym Leaders/Masters and the Kahunas with the Elite Four.

I really miss the PWT. It was the only post-game facility that interested me (aside from the Battle Dome), but I guess it's mostly due to nostalgia.

Pokemon TCG has been announcing these new tag team cards or whatever. Like Venusaur and celebi or Gengar and mimikyu, do you think that would have anything to do with gen 8? I personally don't but just putting this out there.
Well, there's this italian poketuber (Cydonia) who is thinking the new mechanic can focus on having three pokemon on the field at the same time, all three active with their abilities, with some sort of item/bar that can allow a free switch at some point during the battle. This is an interpretation of the logo with the three pokeball. The most interesting thing however is that he actually pointed out that the battle field seen in the trailer has nothing to do with football (the old battle field was shaped similar to a football field but not this new one). This is what it actually looks like:
Since Lucario and Ttar are situated on the white part of the pokeball, he imagines other two pokemon being in the red part working as supporters.

Last edited:
If all Pokemon Regions were Gyms, what would their typings be?

Kanto: Fire Type
Johto: Dragon Type
Hoenn: Water Type
Sinnoh: Ice Type
Unova: Electric Type
Kalos: Fairy Type
Alola: Grass Type
Galar: Steel Type (Possibly)

Imo, the PWT is one of the 3 best features of all time (the others being the Battle Frontier and Secret Bases).

But if PWT didn't return for the Anniversary games (SM/USUM) it probably won't be in SwSh either.

Eh, idk. Battle Tree seems to fit the theme of SM/USUM better so it's understandable why Game Freak didn't include PWT there.

Whereas, from initial observations, stadiums and sportsy competition seems to be the theme of Galar so perhaps it'd fit better in this region.

I am more interested in seeing if they will bother to bring back the Gen IV Frontier for the hypothetical Sinnoh remakes.

I doubt they will, personally. They didn't bother to bring back the original Gen III Frontier for ORAS. I mean maybe Sinnoh fans will have better luck than we Hoenn fans had not that you deserve it more than we did but we'll see.

(I'm just joking, Sinnoh fans :))
(no, I'm not joking)
(yes I am)

Last edited:
I am more interested in seeing if they will bother to bring back the Gen IV Frontier for the hypothetical Sinnoh remakes.

I doubt they will, personally. They didn't bother to bring back the original Gen III Frontier for ORAS. I mean maybe Sinnoh fans will have better luck than we Hoenn fans did not that you deserve it but we'll see.

:p
Well, in ORAS defense, that was to make it compatible with XY, which is the same reason a Battle Frontier was added to Johto in Gen IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom