• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought back to the XY episode XY087 The Tiny Caretaker!, and thought what if they actually gave a fossil Pokemon to one of the protagonist this time, assuming there are some new ones introduced this next generation of course.

A fossil Pokemon in the main cast would be interesting. I always felt kind of bad that Bonnie couldn't be with that Tyrantrum after bonding with it, although traveling around with a Pokemon that huge would have been tricky. We've seen more and more trainers in different series having their own fossil Pokemon, mainly Gym Leaders, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for one of the main characters to have one too.

Once the anime does come out I can definitely see Ash getting Scorbunny, Sobble and Grookey mainly Scorbunny and Sobble though. I also hope his Meltan somehow makes it’s way to SwSh anime as well

I wonder if SM098 might reference the location of filming as being the Galar region if the dub were aware of the similarities

That episode was likely dubbed before the SS reveal, and I doubt voice actors would have access to game news so early, specially as they aren't employed by TPCi itself.

I also hope his Meltan somehow makes it’s way to SwSh anime as well

Every mythical pokemon until now had his "mythical moment" being important to the history somehow, being it in anime, movie (generally) or games. This moment is yet to come for meltan and melmetal so we could wait something like that.

Every mythical pokemon until now had his "mythical moment" being important to the history somehow, being it in anime, movie (generally) or games. This moment is yet to come for meltan and melmetal so we could wait something like that.
It will come later this saga. It was outright caught by Ash.

So assuming the next female companion is a beginning trainer again, would you rather they not have a goal at first or know exactly what they want to do? Do you prefer the female companion take some time to figure out what she wants to do or do you want them to have a goal from the start? Similar to how May or Serena didn't know what they wanted to do, or Dawn who knew she wanted to be a coordinator from the start. Then again this is assuming we don't get another female Gym leader companion similar to Misty or Iris.

So assuming the next female companion is a beginning trainer again, would you rather they not have a goal at first or know exactly what they want to do? Do you prefer the female companion take some time to figure out what she wants to do or do you want them to have a goal from the start? Similar to how May or Serena didn't know what they wanted to do, or Dawn who knew she wanted to be a coordinator from the start. Then again this is assuming we don't get another female Gym leader companion similar to Misty or Iris.
I wouldn't say May didn't have a goal at the beginning. She only had one that didn't fit her, and she changed it over the course of events.
As for the question, I am fine by either as long as character development is handled well.

It will come later this saga. It was outright caught by Ash.

Hi Guys, I was working on my art piece yesterday for my theory. I was working on this theory for awhile,but I will tell you guys about it when you guys has mentioned Ash capturing Mythical pokemon.

Here's my theory:
I don't think Ash is human that begins with since the beginning of the series. I just noticed that you had mentioned, Emerson brant, that he have a very strongly connected with mythical Pokémons and he's also same with the way. Pokémon are very attract to him.

Remember Lugia referred him as "The Chosen One" in Pokémon The Movie? Ash ends up using "Aura Sphere" in "Lucario and The Mystery of Mew". We known Ash haven't age throughout the anime series. Some people still believe that thanks to Ho-oh for gaining his wish for "eternal happiness",but "I Choose You" is a separated universe from the anime and there's no explanation why Ash got those mysterious power in the anime.

I am thinking he could be a mythical Pokémon that originates from the Galar region,because I think it does fit in the fairy lore that Ash's being a changeling. I think Oak and Deliah known about this,but probably they are keeping this secret from Ash. Maybe Delilah isn't Ash's mother,but I think she's his trainer and raising him as a human child to protecting him from Team Rocket for so many years. Probably it will reveal that Giovanni was planning to use Ash as the Galarian prince's decoy as to cause the other war,but I think Delilah betrays Team Rocket and winds up went into hiding with Ash.

I think Ash will find out that he isn't human when Delilah will end up getting captures by Giovanni in Team Rainbow Rocket event. Probably The Mewtwo Strikes Back remake will change how Ash has came back to life from Mewtwo and Mew's crossfire,but probably it will show that he somehow survives from their attacks because he have some mutiny to psychic attacks.

I could see the new girl will run into Ash and Pikachu that's who on the run from Team Rocket. And probably they will run into the real Galarian prince (who's that Ash supposed to take his place since birth) and it will reveal that the real prince got raises by the two legendary wolves.

I don't known Game Freak will go this direction with Ash,but I could see Galar comes to a conclude with what Ash truly is. I have another theory that one of the evil teams is going to have a connection with Ash and the other team will have a connection with Team Rainbow Rocket and Meltan.

I don't know you guys like this theory,but I thought it's really good theory that I came up with. Sorry, it's really long. :(

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I was working on my art piece yesterday for my theory. I was working on this theory for awhile,but I will tell you guys about it when you guys has mentioned Ash capturing Mythical pokemon.

Here's my theory:
I don't think Ash is human that begins with since the beginning of the series. I just noticed that you had mentioned, Emerson brant, that he have a very strongly connected with mythical Pokémons and he's also same with the way. Pokémon are very attract to him.

Remember Lugia referred him as "The Chosen One" in Pokémon The Movie? Ash ends up using "Aura Sphere" in "Lucario and The Mystery of Mew". We known Ash haven't age throughout the anime series. Some people still believe that thanks to Ho-oh for gaining his wish for "eternal happiness",but "I Choose You" is a separated universe from the anime and there's no explanation why Ash got those mysterious power in the anime.

I am thinking he could be a mythical Pokémon that originates from the Galar region,because I think it does fit in the fairy lore that Ash's being a changeling. I think Oak and Deliah known about this,but probably they are keeping this secret from Ash. Maybe Delilah isn't Ash's mother,but I think she's his trainer and raising him as a human child to protecting him from Team Rocket for so many years. Probably it will reveal that Giovanni was planning to use Ash as the Galarian prince's decoy as to cause the other war,but I think Delilah betrays Team Rocket and winds up went into hiding with Ash.

I think Ash will find out that he isn't human when Delilah will end up getting captures by Giovanni in Team Rainbow Rocket event. Probably The Mewtwo Strikes Back remake will change how Ash has came back to life from Mewtwo and Mew's crossfire,but probably it will show that he somehow survives from their attacks because he have some mutiny to psychic attacks.

I could see the new girl will run into Ash and Pikachu that's who on the run from Team Rocket. And probably they will run into the real Galarian prince (who's that Ash supposed to take his place since birth) and it will reveal that the real prince got raises by the two legendary wolves.

I don't known Game Freak will go this direction with Ash,but I could see Galar comes to a conclude with what Ash truly is. I have another theory that one of the evil teams is going to have a connection with Ash and the other team will have a connection with Team Rainbow Rocket and Meltan.

I don't know you guys like this theory,but I thought it's really good theory that I came up with. Sorry, it's really long. :(

Ash being a pokemon... interesting.

Give James Sobble and they can bond over their tragic backstories
Remember when everyone thought it would be so cute for him to catch Mimikyu, give it love and bring out its confidence?

Remember when everyone thought it would be so cute for him to catch Mimikyu, give it love and bring out its confidence?
Remember when people thought Mimikyu was adorable and wasn't an eldritch horror that skins and eats its enemies?

Good times

Remember when people thought Mimikyu was adorable and wasn't an eldritch horror that skins and eats its enemies?

Good times
it IS adorable; and it's NOT An Eldritch Horror!!!!! triggered

AND HERE'S WHY I STILL THINK SO:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_dO3mMboQ&disable_polymer=1

This Rap only solidified my headcanon of Mimikyu being an adorable Bedsheet Ghost in the shape of Pikachu, who only wants to be loved. . . and ISN'T the same eldritch monster of PURE EVIL it's portrayed as in the Anime; which is one of the MANY Reasons I Absol-utely L-O-A-T-H-E the Sun & Moon Anime. . .

And NOTHING will convince me otherwise; nothing from within the games themselves; LEAST of all; the anime(My Absol-ute Least favorite part in its entire 20+ year Lifespan; Second ONLY to Best Wishes. . .)

it IS adorable; and it's NOT An Eldritch Horror!!!!! triggered

AND HERE'S WHY I STILL THINK SO:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_dO3mMboQ&disable_polymer=1

This Rap only solidified my headcanon of Mimikyu being an adorable Bedsheet Ghost in the shape of Pikachu, who only wants to be loved. . . and ISN'T the same eldritch monster of PURE EVIL it's portrayed as in the Anime; which is one of the MANY Reasons I Absol-utely L-O-A-T-H-E the Sun & Moon Anime. . .

You know, given that Acerola’s Mimikyu exists. I think it’s pretty obvious that Jsssie’s Mimikyu is the exception and not the rule.

You know, given that Acerola’s Mimikyu exists. I think it’s pretty obvious that Jsssie’s Mimikyu is the exception and not the rule.
thank goodness for that. . . I Prefer the adorable Shiny Totem Mimikyu named Mimikins to that PSYCHOPATHIC PIKACHU-HATING POKEMON that's with the TRio!!

I am thinking maybe James will get a goblin-like Pokémon and Jesse winds up getting a fairy/ghost Banshee pokemon in SwSh anime.

Agreed, Mimyku is my least favorite pokemon. I feels bad for pikachu,because it picked on Pikachu. I don't know what they will do with Mimyku.

Guys,Thank you for liking my theory. I think it's better than Ash clone theory. ☺

I am sorry that I wasn't on here that much.

Last edited:
Gen 1 and 2, Ash catches all three Starters and is joined by two Gym Leaders of that region (Water and Rock) (Gyms)

Gen 3, Ash catches Grass Type Starter, is joined by Female Trainer with little brother of that region who has Fire Type Starter, and same Rock Type Gym Leader as Gen 1 and 2 who helps and catches Water Type Starter. (Female Companion)

Gen 4, Ash catches Grass Type Starter and later Fire Type Starter, is joined by Female Trainer of that region who has a Water Type Starter, and same Rock Type Gym Leader as Gen 1, 2 and 3. (Female Companion)

Gen 5, Ash catches all three Starters and is joined by two Gym Leader of that region (Dragon and Grass) (Gyms)

Gen 6, Ash catches Water Type Starter, is joined by Female Trainer who has Fire Type Starter, and Gym Leader (Electric) with little sister of that region who helps and catches Grass Type Starter. (Female Companion)

Gen 7, Ash catches Grass and Fire Starter, is attending School with other six classmates, with one helping and catching Water Type Starter. Later, the two Gym Leaders of Gen 1 and 2 (3 and 4 for Rock Type) reunite. (Classmates, Gyms)

Gen 8 will probably be of Ash catching Fire Type Starter and later Water Type Starter, is joined by Female Trainer who has a Grass Type Starter, and Gym Leader (possible Steel) of that region (Female Companion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom