• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia LupinRanger vs PatRanger - Endgame. Gangler victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Tracker. My attempt during Night 1 failed. My target, well...I already said who I was suspicious of.
Speaking of said role, I see no reason to conceal anything with one less player than expected at this point. When I picked my team, I got a new role. I can see the result that my target got. The goal was to follow CO, and either he had a shiny new Cop role that you'd logically expect him to use (if he was Lupin), or he didn't (making him either Pat (unlikely at this stage) or Gangler). But, it said my role failed.
I honestly thought the game would be solved here, as two role blockers in a 9 player game would be too much. Based on what LG said in his comments in his own role PM, I thought he'd catch on to CO not being a Patranger

So @Lone_Garurumon what did you think it meant when your action failed? Did you consider that CO could have been scum with that?
I did assume it'd failed, yes. I'd expected something more like "Your target had no result" or something. I'd figured I'd either gotten blocked or CO was Ascetic or something.

I honestly thought the game would be solved here, as two role blockers in a 9 player game would be too much. Based on what LG said in his comments in his own role PM, I thought he'd catch on to CO not being a Patranger
...Pretty sure I clearly said in Day 1 my main suspect was ZinnLav.

Yeah, even at that point, there was only one PatRanger. I really didn't want to face whoever had that spot, since it was a 50/50 chance I'd get lynched that day and 100% chance of getting lynched by the following day's end, so I had 3 options I was considering:
1.) Confirm an actual townie as being town? Nah, that'd narrow down the pool of lynch candidates.
2.) "Oops, I forgot to check anyone"? Nah, what if someone had seen me log in and view PMs?
3.) "Oops, I checked someone, but they died," and hope everyone bought that as a viable excuse as to why LG had nothing.

Yeah, even at that point, there was only one PatRanger. I really didn't want to face whoever had that spot, since it was a 50/50 chance I'd get lynched that day and 100% chance of getting lynched by the following day's end, so I had 3 options I was considering:
1.) Confirm an actual townie as being town? Nah, that'd narrow down the pool of lynch candidates.
2.) "Oops, I forgot to check anyone"? Nah, what if someone had seen me log in and view PMs?
3.) "Oops, I checked someone, but they died," and hope everyone bought that as a viable excuse as to why LG had nothing.
4.) Confirm an actual scum as being scum. Yay for sudden bussing!
:p

In this case, LG's would have still returned a result - since you would have got a result. (if you had used a cop check)

To be honest, when LG's role was created, I had kinda hoped he'd use it on the role cop... because I was looking forward to the chaos LG getting a role cop result would bring.

I did assume it'd failed, yes. I'd expected something more like "Your target had no result" or something. I'd figured I'd either gotten blocked or CO was Ascetic or something.
Yeah, DW mentioned this to me after the update. At the time, it made sense to me to just have an action fail and let you figure out why it failed... but now I think that it should have returned a no result message instead.

...Pretty sure I clearly said in Day 1 my main suspect was ZinnLav.
Speaking of which, I want to talk about that for a second.

The idea of the game, as I said above, was two town teams that were opposing eachother as well as the mafia... it's why you could steal eachothers powers.

Which is why the miller was designed to... instead of showing LupinYellow as a Gangler, it was designed to show her as a PatRanger. Which would make PatranSangou trust LupinYellow.

It didn't work out the way I had envisioned, mostly because of the wincons, as Zinn mentioned above.

Congrats to the Mafia team JD & CO. You both played well. GG PatRangers and LupinRangers.

What did you think of the unique concept of this game? And would you play a 2 town game later? Perhaps with a bit more expanded roles?
I thought this unique concept of having two towns really cool and interesting. I would surely like to play such a game again.

What did you think of the balance?
I don't understand balance issues, though I think it was at least a good attempt at balancing with a unique structure, which as per my knowledge, has been brought to play for the first time.

Any other thoughts or comments? (The more you provide, the better I can refine the concept)
I agree with the changes others suggested. It'd be more fun with more players, or to have the win-con be last one standing or something of that sort.

While I didn't write any flavour text, there was a theme of cops (Pat) vs robbers (Lupin). What did you think of this theme?
I thought the theme was well-explained in the Role PM's and roles were distributed accordingly.

Overall, a fun game, though I couldn't play much due to being killed on N1, it was fun to be a part of. Thank you to the host(s) for letting me play.

I did not roleblock LG night 1, I blocked Max.

1. What did you think of the unique concept of this game? And would you play a 2 town game later? Perhaps with a bit more expanded roles?
It was interesting. I would suggest making it last team standing, also making it bigger, or getting rid of the mafia for an SK or something.
2. What did you think of the balance?
Pretty balanced.
3. Any other thoughts or comments? (The more you provide, the better I can refine the concept)
these tables are great
4. While I didn't write any flavour text, there was a theme of cops (Pat) vs robbers (Lupin). What did you think of this theme?
It was interesting. It could possibly work for a non-mafia.

I did not roleblock LG night 1, I blocked Max.

1. What did you think of the unique concept of this game? And would you play a 2 town game later? Perhaps with a bit more expanded roles?
It was interesting. I would suggest making it last team standing, also making it bigger, or getting rid of the mafia for an SK or something.
2. What did you think of the balance?
Pretty balanced.
3. Any other thoughts or comments? (The more you provide, the better I can refine the concept)
these tables are great
4. While I didn't write any flavour text, there was a theme of cops (Pat) vs robbers (Lupin). What did you think of this theme?
It was interesting. It could possibly work for a non-mafia.
Ok...why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom