• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ

(On a side note, I don't know why, but this clip/meme seems very appropriate for this conversation, at the moment)

Can we go back to having normal discussions about video game stuff related to Pokémon? Please?

Nothing Sword and Shield related, but decided to add this in because of graphics, gameplay-wise

You remember back when the Game Freak crew went to Spain and Southern France to look at the Cave Paintings, and also a Cathedral in Northern France? Well, I'm still standing on the possibility that they're researching of these locations are for the possible Gen 4 Remakes because in Celestic Town there is Cave Paintings, and Hearthome City's Cathedral. As something similar to Sword and Shield, they will have to find proper inspiration in order to get the architecture and scenery correct.

Let’s remove the couples trainer class and any every the shipping hints then. Not to mention every heterosexual couple too.

not that... but really there are other series, mangas and stuff that already feauture alot...

For me are the confidential materials with 3 stages more interesting now.

Sobbles evo looks like it could learn horn, peck and even beak blast, a lot of tail moves, lick, powerwhip and maybe that dragon scale move could be possible.... Hope it's not pure water this time... really would be a cool water/poison pokemon or water/ghost.
Hard to tell by design this time around. Ghost would not make much sense with electric and rock... only when it comes to moves maybe... psychic would relate with rock... but looking at past poison pokemon and knowing we had only one physical attacker water/poison it would make big sense... also with the spikes on tail it could use Baneful Bunker for defense still and venom drench.

Psychic wouldn't be that appeling don't looks to dragon like in my opinion too.
The yellow parts may suggest a ability related to electricity if it will be I hope water/poison then maybe it will get Motor Drive to gain speed when fighting Scorbunny? Could always learn muddy water as a cameloeon too or not? Interesting water trail, dragon tail... poison tail...

Grookeys looks with arms like grass/rock, that would be great it's chest would suggest a new good ability maybe? always could learn ground attacks but hope it's grass/rock.

Scorbunny with its electricity looks cool, flareblitz and other moves make now sense... Magnet Rise will be cool.

Just a kind reminder that acceptance happens to be a fundamental human need so anyone wanting representation does not need a psychologist.

I’d suggest MetaBoss to not spread misinformation.

I just don’t see the trouble to have LGBT people going on with their lives in the Pokemon Universe like heterosexual characters like Kukui, all the couple trained classes and many others.

No one’s asking for an “I’M GAY” signboard over a character.

I can see the fan base gushing happiness with the sole action of having a couple trainer battle with two males/females. And if you’ve got an issue with that, it’s literally 2 minute of your life to battle them. And getting hot and bothered on that is a legitimate psychological issue.

P.S.: People have not been killed or have had their rights taken away for having OCD, and the LGBT+ literally grow up being told that they’re not okay.

/rantover

Last edited:
I’d suggest MetaBoss to not spread misinformation.

I thought it was self evident but ok:

Wanting representation and acceptance IN REAL LIFE is very logical and I would say even necessary. But desperately needing representation in a kids videogame, I find slightly worrying.

But we all have the right to feel like we do, I am not denying that.

(Just don't put words in my mouth, PkmnTrainerV. It's not the first time you do it ;))

Last edited:
It’s not as if that kid’s game is completely devoid of relationships... if the games were completely ignoring random relationships then I could see that argument working.

I’m surprised at people getting so worked up and “IT’S A KIDS GAME” attitude for replacing a male model with a female one or vice-versa in a pre-existing trainer class they didn’t feel was inappropriate before that.

Female Swimmer (only wears a bikini): “The place I store my Pokeballs? Women’s secret!”

Everyone’s fine.

Replacing literally one battle model to include a random same sex couple battle: “POKEMON IS A KIDS GAME”

I agree though that the debate has become a bit too far drawn out.

Last edited:
I'm not a kid, and I've mentioned before that its not really something that I personally need from Pokemon, even if I do want it.

But I know that for a lot of kids, seeing someone like them in media they enjoy is deeply important, and that's who I really want it for. Like, if you don't see anyone like you in the shows you watch as a kid, you really do internalize that as 'there's something wrong with me' or 'I don't belong' or 'I have to be more like them'. Obviously, having people like you depicted badly, as jokes or cruel stereotypes, doesn't count, and we shouldn't have to choose between either being depicted badly or not being depicted at all.

But yes, I'm honestly pretty exhausted from this conversation, I felt like it was ending naturally before people started complaining about it again.

I tried adding it onto my previous comment but it felt a bit cluttered.
First of all, I want this to end as much as the next person.

This debate is getting exhausting and it was ending naturally, but we need to consider that an end is difficult when someone tells possibly oppressed and discriminated segment of people that their simple wishes are irrelevant and wrong.

It’s natural for people to go into defensive/offensive over that and these kind of posts are borderline baiting them to continue since they’ll be compelled to show that they are rational humans.

Sooo...

What characters from previous games are you hoping makes a cameo in Sword and Shield?

Sooo...

What characters from previous games are you hoping makes a cameo in Sword and Shield?

Most of this is going to be what I expect to happen: Cynthia makes an appearance because she's popular, and Sinnoh's next in line for remakes.
Lillie will also appear since she's very popular.

As for Kalos, I can see AZ being mentioned, and Wikstrom appearing.

I'd love for some unexpected characters we haven't seen in a while to make an appearance.
Most of the ones that I would be most excited to see are Sinnoh characters, but since I'm hoping for Sinnoh remakes, it would make more sense to just wait until they show up there. Still, I'd love to see any of the old professors, especially Elm or Rowan, but really any of the ones that aren't Oak (I like Oak, we just see him the most often because he's the first one).

I'd really love if they did another PWT type thing, because I didn't know how to train good IV Pokemon when I was playing B2W2, and so I didn't get to do all those gym leader and champion refights with the good music remixes that I knew were in the game.

would rather newer characters make a reappearance than older ones.

like, I don't expect anyone from Alola to make a return because they would feel kind of out of place in an area like Galar, but I wouldn't mind more Unova/Kalos representation.

Zinnia! I'm expecting mentions of the Draconids since we have that huge fortress in the map.
Oh man, it'd be fun if there was some sort of dragon trainer society and we got to see Zinnia, Drayden, Iris, Claire, Drasna, and Lance all hanging out somewhere (and any of the other ones I forgot... that sea captain looking dude from Emerald?)

Oh man, it'd be fun if there was some sort of dragon trainer society and we got to see Zinnia, Drayden, Iris, Claire, Drasna, and Lance all hanging out somewhere (and any of the other ones I forgot... that sea captain looking dude from Emerald?)
TOTALLY <3 them just fangirling about dragons! Do you think the fortress resembles a dragon more or the potential wolf legendaries?

You know the experiment where a boy and girl were forced in other roles?
If you show kids to early things they will start to experiment... but when they will get older they maybe bad for that others manipulated their heads to early on when it comes to their gender, love and private live... no government or even parent shouldn't influence a kids choice in that specter.
But social media and TV know better... how kids should think... It's like a pedophile or rapist that doesn't think about the "target" only makes himself a winner and creates a "victim".
Is to early "sexuality" really that good for people: mentality health , education, employment?
According to what you've wrote, when a gay child sees only hetero relationships and thinks he/she is not normal , that's totally okay but when a hetero kid sees a gay couple he/she will turn into gay suddenly ? So you mean being gay isn't 'natural', you will become gay if you're miss guided or manipulated or bad influenced.

Okay, can we please just drop this LGBT topic in this thread?! There are dedicated threads for that, so move it over there. I'm here to talk about Pokemon, not people's sexuality.

If Colress appears again in Galar, then I can see the tease toward Pokemon fusion (not this generation). We already have legendaries that can fuse, plus there is one fusion evolution, aka Mantine requiring that you evolve a Mantyke with a Remoraid in the party.

Unova and Alola are both part of the United States
Kalos and Galar are both of Europe

So there is some parallels between the two.

Okay, can we please just drop this LGBT topic in this thread?! There are dedicated threads for that, so move it over there. I'm here to talk about Pokemon, not people's sexuality.

If Colress appears again in Galar, then I can see the tease toward Pokemon fusion (not this generation). We already have legendaries that can fuse, plus there is one fusion evolution, aka Mantine requiring that you evolve a Mantyke with a Remoraid in the party.
Would someone mind linking that thread please? I can’t find it.

Pokémon fusion ewwww no thanks. I already don’t know how to feel abt Necrozma and Kyurem.

As for past characters returning, I would definitely like to see Zinnia. I also would really like to battle the protagonists from past games besides RGBY. It was cool to fight Red and Blue again in gen 7 and Green in LGPE, and now I want more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom