• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Generation Three Mafia! [ENDGAME - MAFIA / INDEP WIN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm late to post here.

Guess I'm going to be contrary to most of the others here in I'm not going to do the questions as I don't really think it tells us anything useful at this point. I can see the point of view that it could potentially be fishing for role information but I'm not too clued up on Contrainer's playstyle to really make a judgement on this at the moment.

I just checked the op for any clues about the characters of the mafia. Both past games had the legendary pokemon as the mafia (gen I had legendary birds, gen II had ho-oh, lugia and raikou) so there is no doubt that will happen again. There isn't much in terms of hints in the op. There are meteorites being mentioned which could hint to deoxys. There are lot of legends in this gen though, compared to the last 2: Weather trio, deoxys, jirachi, eon duo, regi trio...

This isn't the most useful info yet but it can be really useful later on. Consider your strengths and weaknesses to the mons
Past game setup does seem to suggest the mafia will be legendaries, my guess at the moment is that the scum team will be the weather trio as I think with them being the version mascots they will be prominent in the game. Think the mythical pokemon could be a different case though as Celebi was town in Gen 2.

There were also no correlation in which Pokemon were aggressive, it just seemed to be any, and anywhere.
I'm guessing that you both can't read, and so may have missed this particular bit. Past games may have included the Legendaries as the Mafia, but, given how that's relatively easy to trace, I would believe that Calvin's figured out not to do that anymore. Especially in light of the above bit from the game's OP.

Now, as to the point about Deoxys. If we're going by past games, Gen I Mafia specifically had Mewtwo turning the Legendary Birds evil, but Mewtwo was not part of the mafia and was, instead, an Indep.

tl;dr: your logic is extremely flawed. F--

Half serious? It wasn't really his fault that Officer was modkilled, but I'm not sure why he was asking those questions, especially the one about liking your role. That one seems kinda like he's sniffing for PRs to kill at night.
Kills in this game work similarly to votes. Your attacks do damage, but the type chart is taken into account. So, even if the Mafia have higher damaging attacks than the town, which has happened in previous games, they do still need to worry about resistances, immunities, and other potential factors that targeting a player might have, including passive abilities.
It's a lot more difficult to kill power roles, or anybody, in this game than it is in normal mafia games. Heck, we could go several phases before anyone aside from poor Mr. Snake dying. Besides, from what I understand about Contrainer's particular playstyle, that particular level of deviousness is not something I would expect. I am, however, vastly concerned with how CWACy all of Contrainer's posts have been. The early game votals and the RQS both are ways to look like you're doing something without actually accomplishing anything.
I'm told this is normal Contrainer behavior, and would rather focus on my surefire plan of killing DarthWolf before voting for Contrainer for something relatively trivial.

Night One Start

End of Day One Votal count.
PlayerNo. of votesWho voted
DekuNut1Contrainer
DarthWolf2ME, Pika_pika42,
ZinnLav1Lone_Garurumon
Contrainer1DekuNut

DekuNut took 1HP damage!
DarthWolf took 2HP Damage!
ZinnLav took 1HP Damage!
Contrainer took 1HP Damage!

It is now Night One, this phase will end at approximately 1PM GMT tomorrow. 24ish hours from now.

Day Two Start

Dear Magnificent Entertainer,

you are Electrike! The Lightning Pokemon!

You are an Electric type, your first appearance was in Generation Three. Your actions are the following:

2x Charge
This move allows you to charge your attack for the next night, this means instead of Spark doing 1HP damage, it would do 2HP damage.

Spark: Player Name
This is an electric type 1HP damage move. This will deal 1HP damage to whoever you target. Taking type effectiveness into account.

Your evolution is a hidden chance effect every night.

Besides these moves, you have the ability Static, this gives you a small chance to Paralyze, (role block) if a target attacks you. You would still take damage, but any other ability of theirs would be blocked by you, whether aimed at you or not.

You are sided with the Protectors of Hoenn (TOWN), You win when all forces threatening the town are destroyed.

Magnificent Entertainer was killed, they were sided with the TOWN.

It is now Day Two, this phase will end around 48hr from this post. Sorry for no Flavor, I am currently studying in the library but wanted to get this out. Apologies!

So uhh... That happened.

So, was that a vig role? Or does mafia have a Night Kill?
The first one would be weird because why ME? What reason would a vig have to shoot anybody at this point?
The second one is just as weird given how hard it is to actually lynch people.

Anyway, if we've gotta compete with actual Night Kills we're gonna need to really focus on the people we're voting if we want anybody to actually get lynched.
Anybody have any results, or OC with someone who has results that'd be at all helpful for deciding who to lynch here? 'Cause we're just stumbling around in the dark right now.

The mafia night kill was indeed a thing in Gen 2 along with the mafia having attacks too. I think the most likely explanation for ME's death is the scum fear killing him.

I've noticed there doesn't seem to be any information about anyone taking any damage during the night in the update, in gen 2 we recieved updates saying "someone too X damage" etc. If this is indeed still the case and no one took any damage I'm wondering if the scum may have held off with their damaging attacks and only used the nightkill to give us less information and leave us more in the dark?

I wouldn’t count on any massive reveals after the phase change. Most likely, a few people will take some damage, but not enough to kill them yet, which means we’ll be working with the same information we currently have plus maybe a few useful night action results.

I get the feeling the reason why mafia killed ME was because he said a few people will take some damage and I guess mafia felt threatened by ME thinking he had an aoe attack ability.

I get the feeling the reason why mafia killed ME was because he said a few people will take some damage and I guess mafia felt threatened by ME thinking he had an aoe attack ability.
More likely is that the mafia are aware of ME's deductive reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom