• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ASH AND ALOLA LEAGUE

I mean a mini arc where they catch more Pokémon wouldn't be too hard to do...

"Yet all of them are entering the League. So 1 vs 1 is our likely set up for the majority of the League."

If that's the case I may have to put it in my bottom three league if not my bottom league by default.

They're not just gonna throw Pokemon on main characters. They'll just battle with what they have.

And that would be preferable to throwing on Pokemon they don't have time to develop.

I mean a mini arc where they catch more Pokémon wouldn't be too hard to do...

That this stage of the series, it probably would. If this was in the middle of SM, maybe they could pull something like that off, but definitely not when they're in the last few months of the series. Plus, I'm not sure if just throwing in more Pokemon for the cast to catch would be the best solution. It would feel rushed, few of them would probably stand out and it would feel kind of moot when hardly any of the classmates actually should be participating in the Alola League. Mallow and Sophocles' goals don't even really involve Pokemon, let alone Pokemon battles, so they would especially feel out of place for something like this.

Ash's Tauros and Palpitoad didn't need no damn development.

"They're not just gonna throw Pokemon on main characters. " I mean they aren't but I think they should.

" It would feel rushed". Yes because the characters would literally be rushing... sounds entertaining to me. God forbid a long running anime pick up the pace every now and again.

Also it seemed to say they were considering entering the league.

Last edited:
If most of the matches are 1 Vs 1's until the later rounds I don't see why the companions need more pokemon. Kiawe is the only battle experienced one and he has 3 pokemon to use when he faces Ash later on. Lana technically also has a Lapras she could theoretically use from the beginning of SM if they want her.

I don't see why people want more boring/random pokemon thrown on the main cast just to fill up their teams. People bring up Ash's BW team of how bad/boring/tedious it was to give him so many pokemon, or you can look at a lot of Misty or Brock's older pokemon from the OS that barely ever did anything which wasn't good either.

Its probably gonna be 1 vs 1 for the a good chunk of the league, considering ANYONE can join. I don't expect Mallow, Sophocles, and Lillie to get very far in the league. Lana and Kiawe will probably go further, but I doubt either will surpass Ash. Ash will probably go on to have the bigger battles with characters like Hau, Gladion, and Masked Royal/Professor Kukui with Hau or Professor Kukui likely being the one to beat him.

Lana does have Lapras and her rideable Pokémon can be use to fight because Kikiwi proven for his Charizard as well

Lillie who knows she might use that machinable Pokémon on her team if she activated and Clafaeable if she ask to join her in the league might be possible from their long friendship

I was curious is anyone read my opinions from the page before feels like everyone is skipping while I’m reading everyone else opinion

I'm kind of dissapointed that all of the kahunas will act as referees during the entire league, meaning that Hapu won't participate in it. I always hoped that if they were to make someone from games the canon champion, they'd choose Hapu. But it seems like they're not even gonna give her a chance.

Also, interestingly, unlike past leagues, the winner of this one is gonna be the region's champion. So I guess that pretty much confirms that Ash won't win it, since they'd never let him be champion (especially this series).

I'm kind of dissapointed that all of the kahunas will act as referees during the entire league, meaning that Hapu won't participate in it. I always hoped that if they were to make someone from games the canon champion, they'd choose Hapu. But it seems like they're not even gonna give her a chance.

Also, interestingly, unlike past leagues, the winner of this one is gonna be the region's champion. So I guess that pretty much confirms that Ash won't win it, since they'd never let him be champion (especially this series).
So what do you think of my opinions

So what do you think of my opinions

I don't, I'm not a chief editor or an admin on Bulbapedia. People have already made pages for them on their user pages, it's up to the admins if they get moved to Bulbapedia's main space or not.

Personally I think it's time Gladion's Lycanroc got a page of it's own (since he's been getting some focus since as far back as Rockruff's arc), while Umbreon feels somewhat irrelevant compared to Gladion's other Pokémon. But that's off topic (just like this discussion in general).

On reflection, trying something completely different out for this league is probably the safe & sensible thing to do after Kalos. This way, it's highly likely that if next series picks up the old formula, people will just be glad that it has done so without getting too bitter about where Satoshi ranks .etc.

I don't, I'm not a chief editor or an admin on Bulbapedia. People have already made pages for them on their user pages, it's up to the admins if they get moved to Bulbapedia's main space or not.

Personally I think it's time Gladion's Lycanroc got a page of it's own (since he's been getting some focus since as far back as Rockruff's arc), while Umbreon feels somewhat irrelevant compared to Gladion's other Pokémon. But that's off topic (just like this discussion in general).
Oh...
But I meant about Team Rocket strength, Kikiwi pokemon as his Turtle dragon Pokémon most likely his true strongest Pokémon, Charizard seems definitely to be second strongest though mostly has the highest stamina since he flying over many islands as he proven to fly to the other island in high speed then battle god Pokémon even though it was no match still proven to be strong enough to fly back to the island. His Morkawk is over confident of its strength which is flaw that could make it loose battle but seems to be more understanding that he battle better with its trainer.

Oh...
But I meant about Team Rocket strength, Kikiwi pokemon as his Turtle dragon Pokémon most likely his true strongest Pokémon, Charizard seems definitely to be second strongest though mostly has the highest stamina since he flying over many islands as he proven to fly to the other island in high speed then battle god Pokémon even though it was no match still proven to be strong enough to fly back to the island. His Morkawk is over confident of its strength which is flaw that could make it loose battle but seems to be more understanding that he battle better with its trainer.
Gladaion team
Three of his Pokémon definitely strong though his Type Null I don’t understand isn’t post to evolved not break his helmet??? I didn’t understand compared to the game but this Pokémon is the strongest in my opinion as his Lycanroc be the second

That's part of the reason why they're kind of forgettable. The only reasons why people remember Ash's Tauros are due to how many he caught and possibly because the episode where they were caught was banned. Palpitoad, along with a lot of other Pokemon Ash caught during BW, barely stood out and I often forgot that he even had them.

Harmful Heron said:
"They're not just gonna throw Pokemon on main characters. " I mean they aren't but I think they should.

Throwing Pokemon at the main cast doesn't really sound like the best solution. I can't even see many of the classmates lasting long in the Alola League. Regardless of how many Pokemon they have, most of them aren't battlers or into Pokemon battles at all, so it would be virtually pointless to give them more Pokemon. I don't see characters like Sophocles, Mallow and Lillie lasting beyond the first couple of rounds, depending on how the Alola League is structured.

Harmful Heron said:
" It would feel rushed". Yes because the characters would literally be rushing... sounds entertaining to me. God forbid a long running anime pick up the pace every now and again.

There's a pretty big difference between picking up the pace and rushing through development. Giving all of the main characters at least three Pokemon to use in the Alola League at this point would be rushing through their development. There wouldn't be a chance for the writers to flesh out the Pokemon to make them more memorable. Rushing to make sure everyone has more Pokemon to battle with just doesn't sound like a good solution to me regardless of the pacing issues too. Aside from Kiawe, I still maintain that it doesn't make any sense for any of the classmates to be involved with the Alola League. If they were all interested in battling more often, then that would be fine, but most of their goals don't really connect back to battling. I'm not surprised that they do want to have everyone participate in the Alola League. This is probably the only time they could have the main cast involve in a League arc, but if they wanted to do that, then it would have made more sense to give them more battles over the course of the series so that their involvement wouldn't feel potentially so forced.

Also it seemed to say they were considering entering the league.

Palpitoad's lack of development is why no one remembers it. It never did anything except battle.

Rushing would come at the expense of both the Pokemon and the trainers.

I just think not every character, and by extension not every Pokémon needs development. It's okay to have a villian with simple motives or an side character that doesn't do much. By that same token a Pokémon just being used as a "battle machine" is okay even if it's briefly in the "main cast". Overall it's a much better option to me than having a 1 v 1 fest. Having a three pokemon minimum isn't crazy. If it's out of character for them to catch one or two pokemon just to compete in the league, they could not compete in the league.

Last edited:
Perhaps there won’t be a set amount of Pokémon. My hope is that for each battle, the amount of Pokémon used by each side depends on the Trainer with the least amount of Pokémon. (Ex: Trainer 1 has 6 Pokémon, but Trainer 2 has 3, so both sides would be using only 3 Pokémon.)

I hope that Lillie and people one Pokemon/non battlers with at least, get eliminated in a preliminary round so the league has some semblance to a reputable competition.

Perhaps there won’t be a set amount of Pokémon. My hope is that for each battle, the amount of Pokémon used by each side depends on the Trainer with the least amount of Pokémon. (Ex: Trainer 1 has 6 Pokémon, but Trainer 2 has 3, so both sides would be using only 3 Pokémon.)

That's probably what's going to happen. Hence why it was stated the Kahunas are acting as referees to ensure that every battle is fair.

@Darkrai another option is to throw them to the wolves via the game rules. You don't have a full team? That's on you. Up to three for the first rounds then as many as you want in the finals.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom