• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM118: Aim for the Top Floor! The Explosive Dragon Gym!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary and staff list, credit goes to Dephender.

Satoshi and the others have come to the Gym of Kanto in Malie City. The gym appears to be modeled after a gym in the Kanto region, but for some reason a group of Trainers dressed as ninjas lie in wait for them inside. And when the group hears they can have a Pokémon battle against the head of the Gym on the top floor if they win against the ninjas on each of the other floors, their fighting spirit flares up.

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 山崎玲愛 (Rena Yamazaki)

Summary and staff list, credit goes to Dephender.

Satoshi and the others have come to the Gym of Kanto in Malie City. The gym appears to be modeled after a gym in the Kanto region, but for some reason a group of Trainers dressed as ninjas lie in wait for them inside. And when the group hears they can have a Pokémon battle against the head of the Gym on the top floor if they win against the ninjas on each of the other floors, their fighting spirit flares up.

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 山崎玲愛 (Rena Yamazaki)
I wonder if this Gym will be modeled after the season 1 Vermillion Gym, or a redesigned version of it. Since the Cerulean Gym had been remodeled, we really can't be sure.

I wonder if this Gym will be modeled after the season 1 Vermillion Gym, or a redesigned version of it. Since the Cerulean Gym had been remodeled, we really can't be sure.

Will probably have a new design, maybe based on a Kantonian gym, I enjoyed the new design for Cerulean

I wonder if this Gym will be modeled after the season 1 Vermillion Gym, or a redesigned version of it.

Personally, based on the summary, I get the feeling that they're gonna design it after the Fuchsia Gym (with all of those ninja references and what not). Or maybe they're just gonna leave the answer ambiguous and just say that its based after one of the Kanto gyms and not go into any details about which one it could be.

I'm also getting the feeling that Ryuki will be the "Gym Leader" instead of a random Black Belt trainer.

OS Vermilion Gym's interior was just a plain boring battlefield in a plain room, not to mention it didn't have the iconic trash cans that are also in the games' Kantonian Gym. But who knows, they'll probably redesign it anyway somehow.
Also, this Gym is clearly going to have multiple floors, so if it's modeled after the Vermillion Gym, it's bound to have been redesigned.

How interesting! Although the Kantonian Gym in the games was based on Vermilion Gym, the anime's interpretation gives off a Fuchsia Gym sort of feeling. Sounds like this'll be a fun episode!

(Also, #RyukiforGymLeader)

I can see the Kantonian Gym in the anime being modelled after OS Fuchsia Gym. it was designed as a traditional Japanese mansion, which would certainly fit with Malie City's traditional Japan theme. There were also a lot of boobytraps in that particular Gym, which could certainly factor into this episode as well. Add the ninjas, which were not in the game's Kantonian Gym at all.

If only..... Janine was the Gym's leader.... But nah, it's probably Ryuki :confused_emoji:

Really looking forward to this episode, with Sword and Shield looking like a return to gym battles, this could give us a much needed reminder of some great battles
But it's also looking like the Gym battles in Sword and Shield won't be quite like they were before, with one of the rumors being the replacement of Gym Leaders with Gym Master's (whatever that means), but that's besides the point. Yeah. Looking forward to this.

But it's also looking like the Gym battles in Sword and Shield won't be quite like they were before, with one of the rumors being the replacement of Gym Leaders with Gym Master's (whatever that means), but that's besides the point. Yeah. Looking forward to this.

Sounds to like the same thing, just with a different title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom