• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM124: Perfect Sharpness! Kamiturugi has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rath

Reaction score
The Ultra Guardians Dispatch!

Translated by Dephender

Airs June 2nd

All Ultra Beasts up to now have been pretty threatening in one way or another. Buzzwole could’ve destroyed all Pokémon if it continued to do what it did to that Snorlax, Celesteela could’ve exploded and burned down an entire forest, Xurkitree & Blacephalon could’ve destroyed the power supply generating Alola (not to mention electrocute and explode on everyone), Stakataka could’ve gone on a complete rampage and destroyed Hau’oli City (and probably kill Viren/Bourgain and his crew), Guzzlord already destroyed an alternate version of Hau’oli City and could’ve eaten Ash, Pikachu, Dia & Zeraora, and Pheromosa could’ve stole all of Alola’s Z-crystal’s and beat up anyone who tried to face it with its immense power and speed (except for bewear). I’m interested to see how they make Kartana threatening. I’m guessing it’s probably going to be more straightforward like Guzzlord & Pheromosa as having a katana Pokemon act passively would seem rather odd.

And they have also find Mohn back and the league? Will there be enough time to do all of that?

Yes. They probably won't spend over two episodes on Mohn or six episodes on the league, and that's being pretty generous.

I mean, six episodes is about the same amount of time they spent on the Kalos League. That would leave around 10 episodes after the league to resolve stuff like Mohn and Magearna.

If correctly, all Ultra Beasts have appeared in the anime.

Decidueye, Araquanid and Alolan Grimer May have appeared but they have had no notable role, Ash hasn’t even seen the latter two.

This episode might be great, and it’s cool that the last Ultra Beast is debuting but it doesn’t seem like a finale for the Ultra Guardians- I wonder what is yet in store for them.

This episode might be great, and it’s cool that the last Ultra Beast is debuting but it doesn’t seem like a finale for the Ultra Guardians- I wonder what is yet in store for them.
What makes you say that? It's not big enough in scale?

I wonder if they still have something in store for Ultra Necrozma, since I think they'd want to show off its signature Z-Move.

Now the question is if it'll be 2 episodes for the last UB...or it'll be just another glorified POTD like all the others except Nihelgo and Guzlord.

Now the question is if it'll be 2 episodes for the last UB...or it'll be just another glorified POTD like all the others except Nihelgo and Guzlord.

I really hope it's the former (since Kartana is my favourite UB and I want it to be more than the "monster of the week" that's defeated in a silly manner, plus the fact that it's the last Ultra Beast to be introduced makes me hope that they'll do something special with it)... But knowing these writers, they'll most likely go for the latter, unfortunately :cry:

I must admit confusion as to why the U.B episodes were so spread out, especially given that general slow period between Nihilego and the the 2019 stuff.
Yeah strange indeed, you would expect after Necrozma the UBs would stop appearing

I must admit confusion as to why the U.B episodes were so spread out, especially given that general slow period between Nihilego and the the 2019 stuff.
I thought they were spread out pretty well.. I think the average amount of episodes between each UB was 7-13. Pretty sure Blacephalon/ Xurkitree to Stakataka was the least with 7 episodes separating, and Guzzlord to Pheromosa was the most with 13 episodes separating. (Correct me if I’m wrong)

My favourite UB's episode, finally! I hope Kartana somehow stays for longer than this episode, since we haven’t seen SM 125's title yet..

What makes you say that? It's not big enough in scale?

I wonder if they still have something in store for Ultra Necrozma, since I think they'd want to show off its signature Z-Move.

Do they even have time for that? The pacing has been really strange with fillers and rushing though plot relevant arcs...

Do they even have time for that? The pacing has been really strange with fillers and rushing though plot relevant arcs...
Yeah, I am not calling ALL the Ultra Beasts episodes bad. The reason to use of the Ultra Beasts is sometimes not clear. For example: Xurkitree in an episode that has to do with performing doesnt really make sense. But episodes like the Guzzlord ones are really good.
The league is coming and I am wondering how this will play out, because we can be honest: The Alola League wont be a normal one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom