• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia ZD X BMG 2019 Link’s Awakening Hydra Mafia Crossover Game Thread

Officer here, I can see why the reads list is heavily realiant on activity, but I think koki brings good points up about people, I can see why ZMS replied to a read that put them as scum but I'm slightly suspicious that they have no thoughts on the rest of the game, and might be deadweight for the rest of this phrase since they feel as though nothing interesting is going on feels like a cop out. I discuss with my head on the best option to go forward with. Scumlord's answers weren't the best, since it was lazy spy replying not constrainer who made the reads, still not satisfied with it.
I haven't been posting because it's day one and you can only get so far by saying "that person posts funny"

Regarding Aflame's reads, active = town, not active = mafia? Nice logic, I've seen plenty of super active Mafia, that end up becoming claimed as undeniable town because they took control of reads and the like, and I've seen plenty of inactive town that fail at their jobs and skip night actions, it takes both.

Otherwise I don't really have anything else to say, there's nothing interesting going on until the next day when people have thrown some night actions around and we can actually comment on more substantial information.
I've just seen nothing but shade being thrown around.
~Zinn

I agree with my other head on this point.

I've seen plenty of super active Mafia, that end up becoming claimed as undeniable town because they took control of reads and the like

Adding to it, in my experience, typically there is at least one very active Mafioso in each game, one you'd never really expect. Each game has different circumstances, and this isn't always the case. But assuming the majority of players are being active, it is rare to see a completely silent Mafioso, I've only seen one player who plays the game frequently on ZD do this occassionally, and I'll get to that point later.

So, I'm super leary of Kokirion, because like Petter, as scum he maintains his cool throughout the thread making him hard to scum read. Not only that, he is super manipulative as scum. So my trust with him is shaky starting out.

On to my other point, the player who avoids the game occassionally as Scum. Doc, the other head of Bok's Lovechild (great hydra name btw, it's a ZD inside joke). All of the posts from that account I've recognized as Minish. I see as I'm writing this that Minish posted a massive post. Anyway, I feel like when Doc avoids the game it's because he is scum. He'll maybe post just enough to reach the minimum. It's something I'm kerping an eye on.

Really like dum dum pointing this out. Feels like a genuine thing to suspect. Not sure which head of the hydra avoided the question, but I do feel like SMS tends to avoid questions/requests like that while also making it look like he's responding to them in a way. So in this example, avoids answering the town question (the more important part of the question if we're taking a lie detector into consideration), but addresses the second part to look as though he's contributing to the ongoing discussion. Makes me rather suspicious of them.
I admit I sometimes put low effort into games, usually when I'm busy. This isn't actually an alignment indicative thing of me to do, but in any case, the first 3 posts were from Zinn, not me. I've only posted twice so far. The Groot image. The recent post from Aflame I replied to, and this is my third post. So you're read on me isn't really a read on me.

I admit I sometimes put low effort into games, usually when I'm busy. This isn't actually an alignment indicative thing of me to do, but in any case, the first 3 posts were from Zinn, not me. I've only posted twice so far. The Groot image. The recent post from Aflame I replied to, and this is my third post. So you're read on me isn't really a read on me.

That's partially why my vote isn't on y'all right now. I know it's a thing you've done, but not sure about Zinn. Though I do think that behavior can be indicative of scum no matter who is doing it therefore it's still on my radar and makes me suspicious.

Some people should be reminded that it is a hydra game therefore if something seems hypocritical it may have been posted by the other head.
I find it interesting how mafia nursing home (supposedly veteran players) who should've been able to work out that perhaps two different heads posted different things.
Just putting these three quotes together since they pretty much tie together anyway. Admittedly, some of the hydras I haven't really thought about as two people since some have fairly consistent typing styles between them (like Aflame here), whereas the Bulbagarden regulars ones (at least those I've played with, like the Hydreigon & Shelgon EX and Lone_Wolf teams) are easier for me to actually think of as two people : one account. So I see how that could cause some hypocritical posts between the heads, but at the same time, bringing it up twice feels a little defensive to me.
To anyone who found it strange that my other head had advocated for showing arguments for the accusations, well, this is why we need that. Now we can discuss it content wise.
I don't get how that still couldn't have happened if you two had voted S&N. Also, you ask for clarifications from S&N on their reads more, but then when they didn't respond, you voted them anyway. There were only about 2 hours between you asking for clarification (post #255) and then voting them (post # 258). It feels half-hearted in a way, like now you're deciding to vote to quell the criticism some people like LatB had over the lack of pressure and no vote. I get that this may be the other head doing this (maybe?), but something about the timing here compared to the way things happened over S&N initially feels odd. Manufactured.
Makes themselves invisible :p
That was this head's decision (you could probably guess who regardless though haha), since this head likes to be invisible everywhere on the internet lol
Otherwise I don't really have anything else to say, there's nothing interesting going on until the next day when people have thrown some night actions around and we can actually comment on more substantial information.
I've just seen nothing but shade being thrown around.
But that doesn't help at all for this phase, which is 72 hours. I think you're really underselling the amount of posts with substance behind them that we've seen, and at what point would you consider shade to become actual accusations and useful questioning? I don't see what's any different in a lot of the mid-to-current content than any other day phase, nor why this should be treated any differently.

@Mafia Nursing Home, look at post #258 again(?), the post I quoted was made 7-8 hours beforehand where I saw that the hydra (and then contrainer) where online, they didn't respond in that timeframe and so I voted for them. Nothing to do with post 255.

Yeah, I did repeat the point twice, since I remembered you guys were veterans so I found it a little odd that you would say that compared to newer players.

MNH, what is your current read on restless ridge?

@Mafia Nursing Home, look at post #258 again(?), the post I quoted was made 7-8 hours beforehand where I saw that the hydra (and then contrainer) where online, they didn't respond in that timeframe and so I voted for them. Nothing to do with post 255.

Yeah, I did repeat the point twice, since I remembered you guys were veterans so I found it a little odd that you would say that compared to newer players.

MNH, what is your current read on restless ridge?
Okay, that makes a little more sense since I am seeing that the actual questions to S&N was before that; I was misreading it as being in that large #255 post.

Point taken about the repetition, but I'm not really crazy about that type of defense/post as a whole since that could be used to justify nearly any inconsistency. That said, I'll try to differentiate heads more going forward, when possible anyway.

As for Restless Ridge, I'd lean slightly town on them. I think they started a little shaky with several short posts of not much useful game content, but by at least page 8 or 9, I feel that they started to ramp up the quality of their posts. Still short, but now actually asking direct questions to other players and making some useful prods and pushes. They don't seem to really fear how the thread views them, which I associate with town since town should have little-to-nothing to fear. I can't remember any recent posts from RR, but I get the feeling they'll be back with a large burst of posting around the same time they did yesterday.

Would you say he would regularly make a towncore extremely early to try get himself townread? Like is that guy trying to tell me that's a moe thing to do or what?

Tbh, I couldn't say if that was actually Moe or Sunfan. I don't think either would do that to try and get themselves townread though. They both just have weird playstyles that have taken me a bit to get used to.

Tbh, I couldn't say if that was actually Moe or Sunfan. I don't think either would do that to try and get themselves townread though. They both just have weird playstyles that have taken me a bit to get used to.
I've never seen Sunfan do that, Moe always does it. It's a staple thing for Moe to do. He also dropped one of those "I'm not getting this from scumchat" remarks earlier in the game, and I knew that was Moe who posted that too.

In any case, yeah, I've always felt like Moe does stuff like that in attempts to get town read, but that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom