• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia ZD X BMG 2019 Link’s Awakening Hydra Mafia Crossover Game Thread

Meaning my quick read didn't turn out with a town or a scum read, but their thoughts on S&N and Aflame had me interested in ISOing those two hydras.
you have no opinion of them? what's the feeling here

you have no opinion of them? what's the feeling here
The feeling is I didn't pick them up. DIdn't realize until these last few posts that they seem to be a big scumread.
I'll reread them when I'm done with S&N, since I'm already working on that.
More than anything we're just trying to get ourselves situated on the state of the game.

The feeling is I didn't pick them up. DIdn't realize until these last few posts that they seem to be a big scumread.
I'll reread them when I'm done with S&N, since I'm already working on that.
More than anything we're just trying to get ourselves situated on the state of the game.
ok ok
ill let you do that then since theres no point to prod you right now if you're not caught up s/o @Tommy and Hal

hahaha wait till you get to restless and tommy&hal
:(
f63d1652-2aba-4c9b-ad1d-4e61e57458ce.png

1. Aflame - scummy because they seem to be lurking
  2. Zinn Mask Salesman null
  3. Hydreigon & Shelgon GX towny because they sound genuine
  4. Chillian scum because of pushing hm
  5. Bok's Lovechild null
  6. Mafia Nursing Home Towny vibe
  7. Lone Wolf towntsh vibe
  8. leetic and the band townyish? Because of lots of contributions
  9. Scumlords and Noobs :lapras:
  10. Tommy and Hal scummy for inactivity
  11. dum dum idiots null
  12. Restless_Ridge towny for Contributing
  13. thesunspear towny "because they aren't scummy"
Let's go through these:
Alflame - Can you confirm the lurking thing and not just them being inactive?
H&S - Explain further
Moi - Really? You're scumreading us for having a positive opinion of HM? For a reason more based on general mafia philosophy than actual gameplay? We didn't even push for it to happen; I just said that having it isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Leetic - Are they usually less active as scum? Or do you just like the scale of their posting?
Tommy and Hal - Are they usually inactive as scum? Or are you just assuming scum don't talk? Because that right there is flat out just a fallacy. There are often just as many active scum and inactive scum, and more inactive townies than inactive scum.
RR - Do they regularly not contrinbute as scum?
Sunspear - I don't think Innocent Until Proven Guilty applies in mafia

Long story short, I feel like a lot of your reasons aren't actually reasons to suspect someone. Without meta reasoning that activity or lack thereof is AI, then it means absolutely nothing.

Contrainer is inactive at this time of the day, and I have some serious phone issues.

Giving off a town vibe is a bit contextuall, I think. I trust Hydreigon&Shelgon GX due to my meta knowledge of his gameplay style, for one instance.
Excellent. Good. Thank you for saying this. It isn't something to be assumed.
Which head specifically are you reading with that meta?

You not gonna argue Leetic did something similiar?

And what can I say? Contrainer put together that list without talkimg it through with me.

Trying to reason with jokes, Max? Mega thrown really a lot of constructive stuff to the game. Could you too? You know, aside from being confused about jokes like yer usually are?

Honestly? I feel like finding scum is hard at this point, because it's only the first day, we don't know enough, etc.

So, first, I want Leetic to elaborate on every read from their list and give me their thoughts, I think Aflame and Lone are content guys and trust them as Town.

My other head voted Chillian, but to be honest, I'd rather wait till he clarifies more in his post. He doesn't sound like a scum, more like a guy who isn't simply active, and his behavior at the start of the game might've simply been joking round. (First posts made in this game were Conty's, not mine BTW.)
The one redeeming quality of this slot is the Spy head. He seems to be actually contributing and pushing things along, unlike his CWACy other half.
I know Contrainer has it in him to play better than he has been; are both heads just busy? Or are you just not as into it this game Con?
I may glance at a Contrainer scumgame if any exist.

How about all of the active player's go over their thoughts on who they want to lynch?
Given that this slot has barely said anything useful, seemed to at one point consider this phase as a time to not do much since there was just "shade" (and I don't remember ever getting a response about how everything has been shade rather than actual questioning and accusations), and the vast majority of their posts are just meta comments about some of the ZD players here, Zinn Mask Salesman isn't one I'd be opposed to lynching.

I've mentioned before that Scumlords and Noobs is another one that I lean scum on (self-preservation over pushing the game as I said before, a general feeling of just popping in when the conversation is about S&N and not really adding much otherwise, along with a fairly weak reads list that feels safe).

Right now, I'm actually leaning most toward Lone_Wolf though; the more I think about it, the more that slot bugs me with the "are you town" post, the much later post with some quotes and not much actual analysis on them (and much of what was there was just repeated thoughts from earlier in-thread from other players) or one-liners that don't really provide anything helpful. Like, #226 really is a lot of commenting on things that aren't even game-related so much as stuff like the 60 sec post timer we normally have here. Thinking back on how the thread has progressed, I really can't say that LW contributed much to moving things forward, and frankly they may be trying to put on a show of "actively scumhunting" without really doing so. Whoever mentioned the PR hunting early in the phase (Sunspear maybe?) might be on to something.

I'd voted Chillian before, but I do at least appreciate that they've arrived and finally provided some posts. Not much yet, but at the same time, nothing is pinging me in them and I feel like that slot is now making an effort that doesn't seem forced.

Right now, I'd go Lone_Wolf > Zinn Mask Salesman > Scumlords and Noobs in order of most scummy to slightly less so. My other head also finds these three suspicious, though I'm not sure if they agree on my particular order of scumminess for them.

UNVOTE: Chillian
VOTE: Lone_Wolf

Also, to answer about if the MNH players are any good, the FinalArcadia head here would like to think that she's at least a decent player lol, though this is my first game in several months after taking a break

Vote: Scumlords and Noobs

So what was very interesting to me was that the head at the beginning of the day that pretty much added nothing relevant to the game early on was the more experienced player. And that just seems really off to me. And just all the posts from that hydra seemed like a lot of nothing. There is not a single memorable post they made after 27 pages. Just seems like they were trying to hang on the outskirts, barely posting anything substantial, and not trying to attract much attention.

So what was very interesting to me was that the head at the beginning of the day that pretty much added nothing relevant to the game early on was the more experienced player. And that just seems really off to me. And just all the posts from that hydra seemed like a lot of nothing. There is not a single memorable post they made after 27 pages. Just seems like they were trying to hang on the outskirts, barely posting anything substantial, and not trying to attract much attention.
if they are not trying to attract much attention why would they post such a terrible unsolicited reads list?

Something about this doesn't feel right with me. Like they're just following the whims of everyone else. I know I promised I'd reread LW next, but they're on my list now.

Something about this doesn't feel right with me. Like they're just following the whims of everyone else. I know I promised I'd reread LW next, but they're on my list now.
If this were the case, I'd be voting Lone Wolf, lol.

no. that isn't good enough.
Are you saying they did on purpose to attract attention to themself? Why? And more importantly, why do that and follow up with posts of really no point? At one point even posting the Vote Count as if to appear like they are being productive.

Back
Top Bottom