• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM118: Aim for the Top Floor! The Explosive Dragon Gym!!

A decent episode, especially to see both Rowlet and Meltan learned new move at the same time as their bonding grow stronger. Only disappointed is that Ash's only just get a fake badge. Damn, I wanted him to get the Kommo-o Z-Crystal.

Nevertheless, I give this episode an A since it got battle. Despite, underwhelming.

I lol'd at Mamane and Mao leaving the race for food.
Since when Satoshi became good at shuriken? LILIE NO!
So, this whole thing is just Alolan Ninja Warrior after all?
Satoshi's pokemon just sabotaged the race course for Suiren.
Why would a Kanto style gym use only Isshu pokemon?
So, he's using XY theme while defeating an Alola character.
I was expecting a Z crystal at least.

2/10

Last edited:
I lol'd at Mamane and Mao leaving the race for food.
Since when Satoshi became good at shuriken? LILIE NO!
So, this whole thing is just Alolan Ninja Warrior after all?
Satoshi's pokemon just sabotaged the race course for Suiren.
Why would a Kanto style gym use only Isshu pokemon?
I was expecting a Z crystal at least.
Ash has a Pokémon that can use Water Shuriken so

I wonder why Dare Da? featured a Goldeen? Did any of Goldeen actually appear in this episode? I don't know.

I wish they didn’t spend so must time playing Ninja Warrior- couldn’t they have cut the floor where they sat down for lunch?

Great battle, wish there was more of it... Did Zwielous defeating a head banging Marowak make anyone think “oh no, wow, this guy is really strong” or was it just a waste of time?

I think it was a waste of time.

Considering most of us don't want to be reminded of the failure of the Kalos League, showing off water ninja moves just months before the Alola League would be viewed as an insult towards fans above the age of six at best. I'll just bet they'll do the same before Ash takes part in, and loses, the Galar League.

The writers would still be promoting LGPE, and it would be too early to feature a Generation VIII in the anime. Yet they have the CotD use Generation V Pokémon instead, which is very confusing. There's no way it would tie to Pokémon GO, as several Generation IV Pokémon are still unreleased, and we wouldn't expect Unova to be acknowledged until Niantic releases a promotional artwork for the third anniversary in July.

Just a shame Rowlet didn't become Dartrix and Ash didn't earn a Z-Crystal
Once a Pokémon holds an Everstone, it won't evolve. And since Rowlet uses it for Seed Bomb, evolution is unlikely. On the other hand, unlike Piplup, Rowlet never expressed a refusal to evolve.

Also, given Ash will soon visit Galar with a full reset to his experience as a trainer and Pikachu reverting to Level 5, I don't think the writers would want him to obtain more Z-Crystals than the ones he's got right now. A fake badge is easy to deal with because it would be forgotten by the next episode.

Okay, I gotta ask one thing? What is this concert all about? Is it related to Pokémon?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom