• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

We have to wait until next year? Where was that said?

A video announcing Joker is ready for purchase said something about their working on the other characters and they'll be out in February 2020.

I'll see if I can find it.

I can't believe we have to wait until next year to find out who the remaining DLC characters are.
It's been stated already that DLC characters will be released by February 2020, meaning that it's possible the last one or two could be released next year depending on how they'll release the other four. They are not going to release the other four fighters in 2020 with nothing else for this year, that's too long of a wait. You're probably mixing that up with people theorizing/hoping there will be a second wave of DLC in 2020.

Yes! I still have time!
I don't see why people are worried about this, it's not like they're just gonna suddenly not be available after some time has passed.

There was an official video by Nintendo saying "We're working on the rest of the fighters! Planned for release through February 2020."

It was probably already posted by someone else, but here it is again.

I thought the idea that we won't have anymore character reveals until next year was a bit odd. Especially since there are already a lot of leaks for the next one and have been for a little while.

I've always thought that they will release other DLC fighter every 2-3 months until the last one being released on February 2020. Piranha Plant has at least two months gap between Joker having released on January 30, 2019 and April 18, 2019 -so similar thing might happen with the next DLC having 2-3 months gap from Joker.

Another thing that is on my mind is that following this 2-3 months release pattern, Fire Emblem: Three Houses will be released this July. I think that they will add a fighter from this series to promote the game as well. I would be happy if this will also be the case with the upcoming release of Pokemon Sword and Shield.

I've always thought that they will release other DLC fighter every 2-3 months until the last one being released on February 2020. Piranha Plant has at least two months gap between Joker having released on January 30, 2019 and April 18, 2019 -so similar thing might happen with the next DLC having 2-3 months gap from Joker.
Exactly, I don't know why people are thinking the other four fighters will all be released next year when it's been mentioned already they'll be released through this year and early next year by February.

Another thing that is on my mind is that following this 2-3 months release pattern, Fire Emblem: Three Houses will be released this July. I think that they will add a fighter from this series to promote the game as well. I would be happy if this will also be the case with the upcoming release of Pokemon Sword and Shield.
I hope they have a fighter from Three Houses, specifically Claude von Regan, he's an archer so he'd at least bring in more variety. (then again, I'm the girl that'd love to have more FE characters from all the classes, especially ones from GotHW, Thracia 776, and PoR/RD)

A Sword and Shield rep would be cool too as well, though I don't know if they would since the game is releasing late this year right? Might be a bit too late, but we'll see, Sakurai has stated they already have the five (well four now) characters they want to include.

A Sword and Shield rep would be cool too as well, though I don't know if they would since the game is releasing late this year right? Might be a bit too late, but we'll see, Sakurai has stated they already have the five (well four now) characters they want to include.
There's a chance. Greninja was based on development documents instead of what he does in-game, so something like that could happen with a SwSh rep.

It'd be nice to have another Pokemon since Incineroar felt like a "creator's pet" sort of thing.

I'd like to see Tails with his mech from Sonic Adventure 2, sort of like a hero version of Bowser Jr.'s clown copter.

If they can have two in one characters like Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt, it'd be impressive to see them take it a step farther and have three characters at the same time.

Since generic enemies like Piranha Plant can make it, I really want to see Gim from Kirby, if only so the yo-yo ability can have see some screentime in Smash barring Kirby's dash attack in the Brawl and Smash 4. Though if Kirby does get another playable character, it would most likely be Bandana Waddle Dee with his spear.

Especially since there is strong speculation that the next fighter is possibly Erdrick from the Dragon Quest series if any of the leaks turn out to be true. If it is true, then we might be getting other, newer third party characters instead. (of course there is still a chance we could get a rep from a returning third party series like Sonic and such, or other Nintendo series, I'm just preparing myself personally for characters that might not be from any of the ones mentioned so far itt)

But to talk about a potential Pokémon rep from Sword and Shield, it most likely would end up being one of the starters final evo or the "Lucario" of gen VIII. For a Kirby rep, then the other character I can see actually being in with the added bonus of being a generic enemy is a Waddle Dee (though any other generic enemies from this series would be preferable imo). Not too big a fan of Sonic, and the only three (well four) characters I'd like to see from it are Cream & Cheese, Blaze, and Infinite.

Other characters I'd love to see from various other games (but I know most likely won't make it): Youmu Konpaku (Touhou PCB), Claude von Regan (FE Three Houses), Soren (FE PoR/RD), Seth (FE SS), Ephraim (FE SS), Seliph (FE GotHW), Finn (FE GotHW & Thracia 776), Leo (FE Fates), Reisen Udongein Inaba (Touhou IN), Prince Richard (The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls), Spyro (Spyro the Dragon), Evan Pettiwhisker Tildrum (Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom), Nakigitsune (Touken Ranbu, due to the characters being personified swords it's easily manageable to make a moveset). I would say I'd love to see Minato /Makoto /Sakuya from P3 in Ultimate, but he's a Mii costume instead so close enough, and I'm sure we aren't getting a character from SMT proper so that rules Demi-fiend/Naoki/Shin out too sadly.

Not sure how likely Touhou is (has ZUN commented on this?), but I kinda feel that Spyro is one of those "if enough people ask" characters. Hopefully we get original Spyro and not the ugly Skylanders Spyro.

Richard has the same issues as Takamaru: He's not a well known character who is mostly remembered for the cameo he made in Link's Awakening than for his own game. Maybe the Prince of Sablé has a better chance than him for the next Smash.

I think Ni no Kuni might have a chance, since most of the Level-5 games I know have been released on Nintendo consoles, and the first game was released on the Nintendo DS.

Just no Yo-Kai Watch for me. I like the series, but knowing that Jibanyan is the obvious choice from that series... Yeah, no thanks.

By the way, there's something I realized while thinking about Erdrick: Even though I have played DQ 1-9, I can't recall any single song from that series. Seriously, it's like I played those games without sound. No, I didn't know about the asshole composer at the time, his work is just that forgettable.

Not sure how likely Touhou is (has ZUN commented on this?), but I kinda feel that Spyro is one of those "if enough people ask" characters. Hopefully we get original Spyro and not the ugly Skylanders Spyro.

Richard has the same issues as Takamaru: He's not a well known character who is mostly remembered for the cameo he made in Link's Awakening than for his own game. Maybe the Prince of Sablé has a better chance than him for the next Smash.

I think Ni no Kuni might have a chance, since most of the Level-5 games I know have been released on Nintendo consoles, and the first game was released on the Nintendo DS.

Just no Yo-Kai Watch for me. I like the series, but knowing that Jibanyan is the obvious choice from that series... Yeah, no thanks.

By the way, there's something I realized while thinking about Erdrick: Even though I have played DQ 1-9, I can't recall any single song from that series. Seriously, it's like I played those games without sound. No, I didn't know about the asshole composer at the time, his work is just that forgettable.
The thing with ZUN is that I know he doesn't mind stuff like fan creations at conventions like Reitaisai. But he had a problem when one doujin group, MAIKAZE, made a well-made fan anime (A Summer Day's Dream), I can't remember all the exact details about it but something along the lines of it possibly overshadowing the games and the group had connections to high ranking voice actors. Though there are like two Touhou games out for the Switch which also got western releases, so I don't know what his thoughts are about that since I don't keep up with the series as much as I used to.

What I do know is at least Touken Ranbu still has more of a chance than Touhou at least, still a very niche game, but not out of the realm of impossibility.

But like I said, my choices most likely won't make it in anyway so it doesn't bother me if they don't.

I say I'm glad I'm not him, because I'd have to deal with all the stress and demand, including having to take the full brunt of anger from Waluigi fanboys.

It's actually quite understandable why it's better for Waluigi to remain unplayable, though.

Last edited:
I say I'm glad I'm not him, because I'd have to deal with all the stress and demand, including having to take the full brunt of anger from Waluigi fanboys.
Most Waluigi fans are just trolls. I mean, I have not seen anyone suggesting him seriously, most only do it because suggesting Waluigi is a meme (blame the webcomic "Brawl in the Family" for that).

However, he does get blamed for everything, even things he can't control, like the lack of Final Fantasy content.

Back
Top Bottom