• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM120: Suiren Fishes a Kyogre!?

Great episode love to see Lana's Brionne finally evolve into Primarina better late than never. Now, she's got a powerhouse Pokémon in her grasp along side with Mallow, Sophocles and Kiawe. Like I stated before, legendaries played an important part for the ecology system catching them will be catastrophic especially by other people wrong hand. Nonetheless, it lovely to see Lana befriended with it.

For this episode: I gave an A+

What a passionate episode! I'm glad Lana's Brionne evolved into a Primarina. And this Kyogre was so epic Primarina used sing to cure it from being poisoned by a Seismitoad. Plus, both opening and ending were updated for this episode. The only change they added to the opening was Sophocles wearing his Z-ring during the scene where he and his Pokemon are watching the falling stars as the beach, Pokemon School and the final shot scenes remain the same. Lana's Primarina is added to the ending theme, replacing Lana's Brionne.

...With all the evos I'm wondering if we'll get to see Incineroar and Melmetal on Ash's hands. I'd also hope Decidueye....but I think that idea belongs to Fanfiction now.

Specially since Rowlet has an everstone it refuses to leave.

(IT could spit it out, evolve, then swallow it again)

Also am I the only one wondering if that Jenny in a bikini scene is going to become popular...or am I still a bit shell shocked from how oddly popular Lana's mother is?

Lana should’ve caught Kyogre, because she would be able to enter the league. But nope, the writers don’t care

Primarina used sing to cure it from being poisoned by a Seismitoad
No. She healed it with an Antidote mixed in with some bait. The song was just to calm it down.
Lana should’ve caught Kyogre, because she would be able to enter the league. But nope, the writers don’t care
Nah. Kyogre isn't really the kind of Legendary that could be caught in the anime.

Last edited:
This was a great episode. Suiren and Satoshi are a joy to watch together, they are on the same level in so many ways. Given the dearth of battles this series it was particularly nice to see them go against the hunters, especially as they had the sense to use all their Pokemon at once. The Kyogre/Suiren/Ashirene stuff was probably a bit OTT but, ya know, it's Iwane so it was delightful.

My only gripe was the placement of Future Connection which felt like very unfitting for the scene in question. Guess nothing's perfect, 'huh?

Although, you know what was perfect? The hunters landing at the feet of a sunbathing Junsa. Full marks.

(My personal squee of the episode was the advert of new Musashi/Kojiro TCG cards - wtf, where did those come from and how do I buy them?!)

Lana catching Kyogre would’ve been the most contrived thing of S&M completely undermining the significance of legendary Pokémon and that’s saying something with the situation of Shaymin and Magearna. Bad enough that they turned her obvious bull crap lie of hooking a Kyogre into a truth with Kyogre showing up here because...reasons. No need to make it worse.

Last edited:
Lana catching Kyogre would’ve been the most contrived thing of S&M completely undermining the significance of legendary Pokémon and that’s saying something with the situation of Shaymin and Magearna.

Well, I mean, Ash did capture Meltan, a mythical type Pokemon.The Meltan is on his team...

And during the league in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, some dude named Tobias had a Darkrai and a Latios on his team and won the league.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to signify about the status of legendary in the anime, they are nothing more than plot devices for the writers to advance the story.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom