• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Type combos?

Mirandagurl

Reaction score
I'm totes syked about these type combos, as i was just reading about which ones had never been used.. like ever
now i get it that electric/dark sounds like a contradiction but you might as well say electric/water or fire/water are but they done them!
i wouldn't want poison paired with steel or psychic because it feels like those types are above been poisoned
i think normal types can be paired with anything (unless ghosts) but they are an odd type and im not sure what defines normal, other then not having a particular type?
are you hoping to see any new type combos with the new pokemon?

I'm totes syked about these type combos, as i was just reading about which ones had never been used.. like ever
now i get it that electric/dark sounds like a contradiction but you might as well say electric/water or fire/water are but they done them!
i wouldn't want poison paired with steel or psychic because it feels like those types are above been poisoned
i think normal types can be paired with anything (unless ghosts) but they are an odd type and im not sure what defines normal, other then not having a particular type?
are you hoping to see any new type combos with the new pokemon?
Well, Electric/Dark makes sense since Dark-Type's Japanese name is Evil-Type, so it's not that contradictory.

And yes, Normal-Type is supposed to be the "neutral" type of Pokémon, so it can be paired with everything, even if I don't like those combinations.

By the way, I want to see Ice/Poison since I don't know how that would work out.

How would something be both a critter (bug) and a mythical beast (dragon) at once?
How many times has Fire/flying been used? i only think of Moltres, Ho-oh and Charizard

How would something be both a critter (bug) and a mythical beast (dragon) at once?
Well, they made Vibrava, which despite being an insect is a Dragon-type and not even Bug. I’m sure they could thing of something. :p

How many times has Fire/flying been used? i only think of Moltres, Ho-oh and Charizard
Well, Bug/Dragon was a missed opportunity for Flygon and Vibrava, since they are literal dragonflies. Also, you're forgetting Fletchinder, Talonflame and Oricorio, which are pretty common.

Well, Bug/Dragon was a missed opportunity for Flygon and Vibrava, since they are literal dragonflies. Also, you're forgetting Fletchinder, Talonflame and Oricorio, which are pretty common.
Still pretty sure Flygon is based on an Antlion, which look like Dragonflies, so it kinda makes sense that they are "pretending to be" and that's why they're not bug-type, although Antlions are bugs as well.

I really like Flygon and it's typing, I'd prefer a Bug/Dragon Yanmega or a new mon tbh.

New type combos are always welcome. Personally, I'm hoping Gamefreak takes a second chance at making a non legendary Fire/Dragon type Pokémon, and have the result not end up being a Turtonator... Seriously. I want a REAL Fire/Dragon type Pokémon, not one that still triggers me years after release, haha.

I am always up for having more Dragon Pokémon though, with interesting designs and type combos, so hopefully we see some this generation.

New type combos are always welcome. Personally, I'm hoping Gamefreak takes a second chance at making a non legendary Fire/Dragon type Pokémon, and have the result not end up being a Turtonator... Seriously. I want a REAL Fire/Dragon type Pokémon, not one that still triggers me years after release, haha.

I am always up for having more Dragon Pokémon though, with interesting designs and type combos, so hopefully we see some this generation.

Honestly, while I get that some people don't like Turtonator, I'd prefer to get some of the other combos that haven't been used on non-legendaries or Megas before first. Like Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Ice.

Normal combined with other types, especially secondary Normal types (am I the only one that likes this combination???)
Eeveelutions: Flying, Fighting, Ground, or Bug.
Fairy/Fighting
Another Fighting/Flying Pokemon.

Honestly, while I get that some people don't like Turtonator, I'd prefer to get some of the other combos that haven't been used on non-legendaries or Megas before first. Like Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Ice.

I would really enjoy having a Dragon/Steel type Pokémon (as long as it actually looks like a Dragon). Steel type seems like it would be quite fitting for this region as well. It's a great type combination as well, it would only have weaknesses to the Ground type and the Fighting type.

One more pure flying type, poison/steel, and poison/fairy

I would like to see Bug/Dark, Grass/Fire, Electric/Poison, and Rock/Ghost

One more pure flying type, poison/steel, and poison/fairy
I feel that we were supposed to get more pure Flying types, but then they shove another type to it for some reason. Hoothoot, Noctowl and Ho-Oh were going to be pure Flying, but then they got a secondary type, so maybe they did that to other Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom