• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon everyone else likes that you dislike

TapLover

Reaction score
This is a pretty simple thread (i've regularly done "Worst evolution design" threads in the past), and I except it to blow up.

One of them in my opinion (i'm a causal fan) is Scizor. It's design isn't much of a natural evolution for Scyther (a proper natural evolution can only happen in Sinnoh) and more like "Heracross on drugs".

Charizard and Lugia - by no means dislike them but I don't care about them either.

This is a pretty simple thread (i've regularly done "Worst evolution design" threads in the past), and I except it to blow up.

One of them in my opinion (i'm a causal fan) is Scizor. It's design isn't much of a natural evolution for Scyther (a proper natural evolution can only happen in Sinnoh) and more like "Heracross on drugs".
Well Scizor ressembled Scyther more in the Spaceworld demo, but they decided to change it.

It's backsprite looks even more similar.

On-Topic: Pikachu, so much. I want another game without it (like BW), or that downplays it (like the Hoenn games). I'm also starting to dislike Charizard and Mewtwo because they have gotten too much attention lately.

Scyther. I know this Pokemon isn't as popular as some of the others, but it is pretty well liked as a strong bug type Pokemon. But honestly, and I have probably stated this multiple times around different threads, but I honestly hate it. Even before my first nuzlocke, I always thought it looked pretty creepy as a kid, and I did not watch much of the Orange Island series because of it. Then I did my first nuzlocke and lost nearly my whole team to it. I despise this bug!

Charizard. Now this one's a bit weird. I actually do like Charizard, to an extent. Sure, it's my least favorite of the gen 1 starters. But I loved Charmander as a kid, as well as Charizard. But Charizard gets favoritism. I'm not talking about the fan favoritism, I am talking about company favoritism. I'm fine if Charizard gets some extra love in the show and some extra appearance in the games. But I am not fine with the fact that Charizard has 2 mega evolutions when Venusaur and Blastoise only have one. Yeah I know they probably couldn't have thought up another design for the other 2, but they could have just scrapped one of Charizard's. Would have been easy as heck, they just could have only put one in the game. But no, Charizard needs to megas. Why did Charizard need 2 megas? Because he was Ash's special Pokemon over 10 years before he got a Mega? Because he's got a huge fan following? Honestly, if it's either of those, then Charizard doesn't deserve my appreciation. It's not Charizard's fault, but I can't look past the fact that the people who made him are giving him extra.

To a lesser extent off of this, Blaziken. I mean, I never liked Blaziken much to begin with. Then Blaziken got an early Mega Evolution. There were plenty of other great Pokemon who got megas, who could have been given out as a gift at the start of the game. I think the only thing that saves this one a bit was they likely did this distribution to let fans know they have Hoenn remakes coming since they were on high demand at that point. Still though, Abosl and Mawile were gen 3, one stage Pokemon who received Megas in X and Y.

Last edited:
Scyther. I know this Pokemon isn't as popular as some of the others, but it is pretty well liked as a strong bug type Pokemon. But honestly, and I have probably stated this multiple times around different threads, but I honestly hate it. Even before my first nuzlocke, I always thought it looked pretty creepy as a kid, and I did not watch much of the Orange Island series because of it. Then I did my first nuzlocke and lost nearly my whole team to it. I despise this bug!

Charizard. Now this one's a bit weird. I actually do like Charizard, to an extent. Sure, it's my least favorite of the gen 1 starters. But I loved Charmander as a kid, as well as Charizard. But Charizard gets favoritism. I'm not talking about the fan favoritism, I am talking about company favoritism. I'm fine if Charizard gets some extra love in the show and some extra appearance in the games. But I am not fine with the fact that Charizard has 2 mega evolutions when Venusaur and Blastoise only have one. Yeah I know they probably couldn't have thought up another design for the other 2, but they could have just scrapped one of Charizard's. Would have been easy as heck, they just could have only put one in the game. But no, Charizard needs to megas. Why did Charizard need 2 megas? Because he was Ash's special Pokemon over 10 years before he got a Mega? Because he's got a huge fan following? Honestly, if it's either of those, then Charizard doesn't deserve my appreciation. It's not Charizard's fault, but I can't look past the fact that the people who made him are giving him extra.

To a lesser extent off of this, Blaziken. I mean, I never liked Blaziken much to begin with. Then Blaziken got an early Mega Evolution. There were plenty of other great Pokemon who got megas, who could have been given out as a gift at the start of the game. I think the only thing that saves this one a bit was they likely did this distribution to let fans know they have Hoenn remakes coming since they were on high demand at that point. Still though, Abosl and Mawile were gen 3, one stage Pokemon who received Megas in X and Y.

Um Scyther is definitely a popular Pokemon!

Hydreigon, it's a terrible representation of a hydra for me.
Cincinno, it's a rather bad evolution.
Samurott, it's not terrible but I've always found the design disappointing.
Aegislash, same as Samurott.
Buzzwhole, I find it creepy instead of hilarious.

Charizard, Mewtwo, Entei, Lucario, Arceus, Greninja, Primarina. Sometimes Pikachu and its clones depending on my mood. I guess you could say that I typically dislike Pokemon that are overrated or overexposed. I don't mean to hate on them on purpose, I just dislike it when certain Pokemon get shoved in my face because they're "cool" or "badass".

Last edited:
Although it's very popular, I actually don't like Arcanine at all.

My first 100% IV Pokémon in PoGO was a Growlithe and to this day I am mildly disappointed.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom