• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PATIENCE is an ultimate key here.

I know our patiences will be rewarding soon.. My advices are just distract ourselves from this game for a while and stop thinking and feeling disappointed about a lack of news that we got. Like, you know, this game will be released in late 2019 for sure. Don't need to worry.

We have to accept that this game lacks of news. Unlike previous game, which provides promising new informations every month (Especially pre-XY and ORAS era)

PATIENCE is an ultimate key here.

I know our patiences will be rewarding soon.. My advices are just distract ourselves from this game for a while and stop thinking and feeling disappointed about a lack of news that we got. Like, you know, this game will be released in late 2019 for sure. Don't need to worry.

We have to accept that this game lacks of news. Unlike previous game, which provides promising new informations every month (Especially pre-XY and ORAS era)
There's no way that this game doesn't have a lot of new content. It's a new gen.

There's no way that this game doesn't have a lot of new content. It's a new gen.
I said this game lacks of news not a content. But yeah.. they still keep that new contents from public and stop giving us a new informations until now. We barely got a proper news of Pokemon SwSh since February. I think this is the new kind of marketing strategy??

I hope it has good legendaries, and a new eeveelutions would be DOPE.

Masuda should bring the daily dose of hopelessness in the next few hours on Twitter.

5RZoGxK.jpg

Last edited:
On Masuda, he just appeared a few minutes ago, but it was nothing about news, as expected.

Now something interesting (which should end with rumors about the role of Mewtwo's armor in the movie): with CoroCoro officially launching in Japan today, new merchandise and new information about Strikes Back Evolution began to appear.

We have this site now: アクションフィギュア アーマードミューツー|タカラトミー

If you scroll down the page, you will notice that it will be like you were going through the story of the movie, until you get to this part:

Which shows Mewtwo breaking its armor (just like in the first movie). I think this means that this armor will really have as much importance as the first one. And I think it ends once and for all speculations about Armored Evolutions or any other gimmick involving this specific armor. After all, if Armored Evolutions were real, and the armor were an improvement or an evolution, Mewtwo would not deny it this way.

Edit: (CoroCoro officialy launching *... specific armor *...).

Last edited:
"Pokemon Master League. There are seven Pokemon Gyms across Galar. Every year, that team scouts a Pokemon Trainer and they are the representative---travel to other six Gyms, defeating the Gym Master, and collecting a piece of a Coat-of-Arms. The representatives that complete the task compete in a final competition with one another for the Championship Cup.

* Player Character and Rival, Sean, live in Dustart Town. Big fans of watching the Pokemon Master League on television. After receiving Starter Pokemon, decide to both attempt to win the Championship Cup for Dustart Town and put it on the map. Effectively, YOU'RE the 8th Gym.

* Professor Poplar, studies the interaction of plants and Pokemon. Daughter and Assistant Cristle is BATTLE OBSESSED, and becomes another rival aiming to win the Championship Cup for Dustart Town. She carries around a potted plant sticking out of her backpack that is an unknown species---appears to react positively to Pokemon Battles.

* Gym Masters include Heather---Fire-type. In addition to being a Gym Master, she is a skilled mechanic who works on trains in her spare time. Séamus, Water-type. Gym Master who is well regarded for his good looks. Shute, Grass-type. A star baseball player from Unova, he decided to switch professions and proved to be equally good at Pokemon Battling. "

"Pokemon Master League. There are seven Pokemon Gyms across Galar. Every year, that team scouts a Pokemon Trainer and they are the representative---travel to other six Gyms, defeating the Gym Master, and collecting a piece of a Coat-of-Arms. The representatives that complete the task compete in a final competition with one another for the Championship Cup.

* Player Character and Rival, Sean, live in Dustart Town. Big fans of watching the Pokemon Master League on television. After receiving Starter Pokemon, decide to both attempt to win the Championship Cup for Dustart Town and put it on the map. Effectively, YOU'RE the 8th Gym.

* Professor Poplar, studies the interaction of plants and Pokemon. Daughter and Assistant Cristle is BATTLE OBSESSED, and becomes another rival aiming to win the Championship Cup for Dustart Town. She carries around a potted plant sticking out of her backpack that is an unknown species---appears to react positively to Pokemon Battles.

* Gym Masters include Heather---Fire-type. In addition to being a Gym Master, she is a skilled mechanic who works on trains in her spare time. Séamus, Water-type. Gym Master who is well regarded for his good looks. Shute, Grass-type. A star baseball player from Unova, he decided to switch professions and proved to be equally good at Pokemon Battling. "

Pretty interesting thoughts that don't seem to be too far out of the realm of possibility. Self-created or can you site a source?

This rumor is really interesting, and I like the ideas behind it. Not much to prove it fake or real though, from what I've seen. Nothing that stands out as glaring. The rivals seem a little boring, which I'm not too excited about. I do like the ideas for the gyms though, it still explains them as gyms, but they have a different twist, and I actually kind of like it. It's all possible and doesn't seem that far out, but it still could just be someone being super creative in their rumor making. If this does turn out to be fake, props to the maker.

Seven trainers compete against each other? Unless the final competition for the Championship somehow didn't involve battling, that'd be a really weird setup. Single-elimination rounds are impossible with an odd number, but if you go round robin, you'd fight six other trainers. So why is it that they lowered the number of gyms by one but raised the number of trainers you fight for the Championship by two? Unless someone's supposed to lose the Coat of Arms part, in which case it seems even stranger, because the league would have to restructure their challenges depending on how many trainers made it. And how do they determine when someone fails the task of acquiring the Coat of Arms? Is there a deadline? How would you explain a situation like a player starting the game and continuing a year later, then? What's the point of a team if they're not part of the League battles at all?

There's just so many plotholes in this...

There's no way kids can just create a gym like that. They just had a whole spiel about how every gym has this team representative, and the reps travel to other gyms to collect a piece of the Coat of Arms. So these two kids are somehow able to suddenly create a Dustart Town gym just because? They don't have to go through any sort of procedure, or create a gym for the other teams to fight against? The design of the Coat of Arms doesn't have to be reworked to suit eight pieces instead of seven? If two kids can just decide they want one and make an official gym, why wasn't there one already? What happens if someone wants to make a gym for a town that already has one? Does the League not have any policy for what makes an official gym besides first dibs? What type is the new gym, if Fire, Water, and Grass are taken?

Cristle is BATTLE OBSESSED, and becomes another rival aiming to win the Championship Cup for Dustart Town.
Why does Dustart Town have three representatives? If this is allowed, why do the other towns only have one? They have whole teams, just send em all in!
I love how Heather and Shute have personalities but Seamus is just "he looks nice". And "good-looking Water type man" was already done with Wallace, so...

Self-created or can you site a source?
He's quoting a post from 4Chan. (4Chan links aren't allowed on the forum, so he just copy+pastes the text and puts quotation marks to show it's not his words)

Last edited:
For me it’s probably fake because of the following Ditto. While it might make sense for having a different version of the Pokéride system (Although I’m not so sure they’d go for Feraligator as the surf Pokémon), I honestly doubt they’d make him transform in the three Galar starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom