• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
We see Mewtwo in the original series, Ash refers to both Lugia and Suicune during the Johto journey, they mention Ash's aura during the Riolu two parter and Dawn has the Lunar Wing charm from the Darkrai movie.
And don't forget the Genesect Army appearing in a flashback in Best Wishes.

Iwane doodled Mewtwo and Joy
D4HeqFBU8AALTZy.jpg
D4HetyOUcAASIev.jpg

I hope the dub will correct some mistakes from the original movie like incorrect who's that Pokemon (I know it was deliberate) and the movie will avoid errors like Golem being defeated by Thunderbolt

If anyone watched today's episode live, they would have seen a trailer in the ad break for the new version of Kaze to Issho ni. I don't think we heard Shokotan singing in that clip but I can't find it uploaded anywhere yet :-(

Corocoro leaks scans and information courtesy of Dephender

waMCekE.jpg

The forbidden form has been identified!!!
The strongest Pokémon of all, created by humans, appears?!

An incredible creature appears in this summer's Pokémon movie! We can see that the skin beyond its black armament is white... N-No way, could this be THAT Pokémon?!

Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution premieres all across Japan Friday July 12th!!

7blBEa5.jpg

The Mewtwo form that can only be seen in the movie: Its name is Armored Mewtwo!!!

Mewtwo is wearing a majestic armor. Even though this manmade armament suppresses what people call the ultimate power, Mewtwo still overwhelms all other Pokémon!!

Armored Mewtwo: Mewtwo's form while it's wearing armor developed by the Rocket Gang.

It appears early in the manga booklet!
Check the manga to get a preview of Armored Mewtwo's gallant figure!!
Hurry straight to the manga in the supplimentary booklet!

The Ancient Mew card is included with the movie pamphlet!!
Decipher the ancient letters!!

It's been confirmed that this Mew card that has its text written in ancient letters will be included with the movie's pamphlet as a free gift.
Once you decipher the ancient letters on the card, you'll realize you incredibly powerful it is!
Try comparing it with normal Pokémon Cards.

The way to decipher the letters on the card is scheduled to be presented on the Trainers' Website on the official Pokémon Card Homepage (「トレーナーズウェブサイト」) Friday May 24th!

I don't think I even need to see any images to already know that the manga is gonna look more pleasing to my eyes than the actual film it's based on.

The Ancient Mew card is enough of a reason to watch this movie imo (in Japan at least, who knows if the promotion will run overseas).

LOL that Ancient Mew card!! What nostalgia...

The Ancient Mew card, eh?

So I guess M23 is going to be a CG remake of the Lugia movie, huh?

Though I gotta admit, Mewtwo's armor looks cooler. Though I would've much preferred it be in a new/better story.

Last edited:
It will probably a return to the usual movie standard in the Galar region

It better...
Even better, go back to the AU M20 & 21 were doing. I was enjoying that before they stooped to this cheap trick. Heck, I was even liking AU Ash more than Regular Ash.
The worst part is that I just KNOW this will make a lot money with people going into the theater with nostalgia goggles (even though the plot will suck just as much now as it did then)

It better...
Even better, go back to the AU M20 & 21 were doing. I was enjoying that before they stooped to this cheap trick. Heck, I was even liking AU Ash more than Regular Ash.
The worst part is that I just KNOW this will make a lot money with people going into the theater with nostalgia goggles (even though the plot will suck just as much now as it did then)
I think they made a smart choice in starting to make movies that don't tie in with the current series. Gives more liberty to the stories that can be told.

And personally, while I admit that the first movie may have had some plot holes, they didn't make it unenjoyable.

What plot holes? Ignoring the dub, the only thing that arguably didn't make sense was the tears, but even that nicely tied into Ambertwo's death scene. I am not sure how resurrection was handled better in other movies (even using a Pokemon like Xerneas is pretty cheap).

What plot holes? Ignoring the dub, the only thing that arguably didn't make sense was the tears, but even that nicely tied into Ambertwo's death scene. I am not sure how resurrection was handled better in other movies (even using a Pokemon like Xerneas is pretty cheap).
Well, Celebi resurrected itself in the fourth movie if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom