• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Prank War Mafia, A BMU Story: Endgame, Final Prank Foiled! Town Wins! (2/6/19)

Well, it ain’t me, I can tell you that. So the way I see it, some combination of Cheff, Darth, or Calvin is our scum, or possibly Max if he’s faking the Tracker claim, since he only stated ME’s target claim lines up with his info after the fact. For now, I’m running with those first three as the best scum options. Imo it makes sense to not prioritize Calvin as his activity has been spotty, and Cheff’s claim means we’d need to lynch him for reliable info on him. I have a feeling that he could even be scumbuds with Darth, on account of the latter’s whole “intentions seemed honest” comment about Cheff in his reads list. So this is who I’m going with.

Vote: CheffOfGames

Do I have any reason to ask ME about his Cop-check that isn't what I already said?
I mean, I’m sure anyone would ask the claimed Cop about their check. And I’m not saying I don’t believe your claim, but it could still easily be faked (for the short-term, at least, but this is a small game) by saying your info lines up after ME stated who he visited. Just trying to acknowledge the possibilities.

I mean, I’m sure anyone would ask the claimed Cop about their check. And I’m not saying I don’t believe your claim, but it could still easily be faked (for the short-term, at least, but this is a small game) by saying your info lines up after ME stated who he visited. Just trying to acknowledge the possibilities.
That is a possibility, true. But bringing it up like this when it's more likely than not that I'm telling the truth also feels scummy.

I actually think that Max’s claimed action last night makes perfect sense.
Remember, Max was the only one who had the sense to try and verify my townstatus in Gen III Mafia, so it makes sense he would try to do so here.
Claiming Cop at night could have been a scum strategy to try to weed out the real cop in order to kill them. It was not, it would have been a piss poor strategy, since 1-v-1ing is an idiotic idea as scum, especially since I have proven to be valuable as a scum member before.

That is a possibility, true. But bringing it up like this when it's more likely than not that I'm telling the truth also feels scummy.
If you want to go the pure statistics route, yes, I suppose it is more likely you are telling the truth. And ME is right that your claimed action makes sense. I’m just saying it’s not proven, since if by any chance you are a Mafioso I wouldn’t want the Town to completely discount that possibility.

Unvote: MegaPod
He’s been participating more in the game, and I think his thoughts make some sense.
In fact: Vote: CheffOfGames
Was gonna let this one slide for maybe a bit longer, but the claim is actually pretty suspicious, given that it seems to work only on informational roles, and Cheff has been around but has not given his thoughts or responded to my requests for further information.

@Calvin ッ you said you’re free now to be active in the game. What are your thoughts on the other players, on the Contrainer Wagon, and on the current set of roleclaims in the open?

1. I think there were one too many people on the Contrainer lynch, one would assume that a mafia is on the wagon, as we didnt need so many votes, I suppose it was better safe than sorry, and we shouldn't tunnel on it, but those are my thoughts. I did however mention earlier that I found Contrainer scummy through his posts, so i'm not surprised others may have thought the same.
  2. Max's was unneccesary, but it seems to clear yours, unless you are scumbuddies, it works out okay for us. Also no CC's on whats been claimed, so it just goes to suggest you are who you say you are.

For that reason, you are currently my biggest town read, Max is a close second, others are all somewhat null, the only suspicion I had before now was the Restless Spirit claim but now Eresh is cleared it's fluctuated my reads, as now I dont really have any major suspicions. I'm willing to trust ME, and MegaPod was on the lynch for Contrainer if I recall correctly. I don't think another vote is necessary, without hammer I would like to see a defence (if any) on MegaPod

1. I think there were one too many people on the Contrainer lynch, one would assume that a mafia is on the wagon, as we didnt need so many votes, I suppose it was better safe than sorry, and we shouldn't tunnel on it, but those are my thoughts. I did however mention earlier that I found Contrainer scummy through his posts, so i'm not surprised others may have thought the same.
  2. Max's was unneccesary, but it seems to clear yours, unless you are scumbuddies, it works out okay for us. Also no CC's on whats been claimed, so it just goes to suggest you are who you say you are.
For that reason, you are currently my biggest town read, Max is a close second, others are all somewhat null, the only suspicion I had before now was the Restless Spirit claim but now Eresh is cleared it's fluctuated my reads, as now I dont really have any major suspicions. I'm willing to trust ME, and MegaPod was on the lynch for Contrainer if I recall correctly. I don't think another vote is necessary, without hammer I would like to see a defence (if any) on MegaPod
1. Two of the people on the Contrainer Wagon are myself and Eresh. Given no Miller claim, I am almost willing to rule out Godfather, though it is not entirely impossible. Ergo, it would be between MegaPod and Darth for scum on that wagon. Of the two, which do you believe would more likely be scum, and why?

2. Technically Tracker is NAI, but given two Vanilla flips already, I would put it very much in the realm of remaining Town roles. I agree that it was an unnecessary claim, and said as much immediately after Max made it, but I can definitely see naive Town!Max outing himself.
What about Cheff’s softclaim?

I am almost willing to rule out Godfather
You shouldnt rule out GF for Eresh yet, but I wouldn't worry about that right now. Let's first get the regular scum.

I think max' claim is true, I'm a JOAT with a 1x tracker which is like a 1x backup role. I used in on Cheff last night to prove his claim, I got no result and I'm currently figuring out with lone if that could mean a passive role, a fail or even being blocked. I chose tracker in case I did have to waste a shot.

I'd like to hear more from @CheffOfGames (and host) before I make a vote here.

@CheffOfGames fullclaim now.
Go!
I am an Ascetic, I can do absolutely nothing but nothing (except kills) can do anything to me either.
The reason I haven't provided any reads/messages as of rn is because I have been rather busy. I will try and get a helpful message out asap, but this could take a bit (it will be at least before the phase is half over).

I am an Ascetic, I can do absolutely nothing but nothing (except kills) can do anything to me either.
The reason I haven't provided any reads/messages as of rn is because I have been rather busy. I will try and get a helpful message out asap, but this could take a bit (it will be at least before the phase is half over).
Close, by no cigar. You specifically mentioned that informational roles shouldn’t target you, but given the role you claimed, protection roles shouldn’t, either.

Perhaps you were looking to waste Town’s protection roles on you while not providing anything else in return?

Note the “almost,” bit in the part that you quoted. :p

What are your other abilities?
Almost is still too much, just sharing my thoughts on that part :p

As I said, I feel like my shots are meant as a backup as I also have a cop and doc. I thought the tracker would be the best to test on cheff.

About cheff, I honestly missed the fact that he mentioned informative roles specifically. I took it as targeting in general. This could possibly explain fail though, but it does make me curious: why did you noly mention informative roles and not something like a doc?

I'm also trying to think how an ascetic fits in as a joke.

Back
Top Bottom