• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Rotom Phone basically confirms that Rotom is staying with Ash. Rotom To Galar confirmed.

https://i.********/vp/1559743128354.jpg

Come on, S&M isn't really that bad. People act like it is the worst thing that ever happen to the anime, but at least it tried to be something new for once and went true with the new concept and ideas it had. S&M is actually a good example in how the anime should handle its concept correctly. BW has a disaster, it was still fun to me, but could have been so much better, if they could have pulled it off and X&Y is only so popular because of all the fan service like the shipping and the overall "mature" tone.

I appreciate the different route that SM took but I've been getting seasick of it for about 6 months. My biggest fear is that SwSh ends up like XY, my god that series was as bland as it could get...

The professor's assistant might be one of the new companions.

I agree. The female pc (like Mizuki) doesn't seem to have much of a character and could be (like Mizuki) left out of the anime entirely.

35.jpg

:eek:

The professor's assistant might be one of the new companions.

Unlikely since she's described to be the champions childhood friend and her role as a researcher of the professor are standing in the way, since we're most likely going back to the traveling format. Also she looks a bit too old for me. I think she's gonna be someone appearing together with Prof. Magnolia from time to time.

The anime will premiere between 9 and 16 November, I believe...

I can see Drednaw. Come on, hard to tame sounds like a good development story...

It's also described as being fast despite its heavy shell due to its strong muscles.

So, it'll basically be Turtwig 2.0 that doesn't lose its speed.

Unlikely since she's described to be the champions childhood friend and her role as a researcher of the professor are standing in the way, since we're most likely going back to the traveling format. Also she looks a bit too old for me. I think she's gonna be someone appearing together with Prof. Magnolia from time to time.

Yeah, I realised that right after posting the message! lol

what of the new pokemon revealed in the direct will Ash catch ?

None to be honest. The closest one would be the snapping turtle, since Ash owned pretty much every turtle or tortoise Pokémon of each region. But the other ones do not fit with his style. The crow is way to menacing looking, the sheep fits more for the girl character and I think the new plant Pokémon fit more Milo, if he will become a companion.

I appreciate the different route that SM took but I've been getting seasick of it for about 6 months. My biggest nightmare is that SwSh ends up like XY, my god that series was as bland as it could get...
As much as I love SM I'm well aware of its flaws. If SwSh could pull off a more focused and polished version of all the things SM did right (Animation, art direction, powerful moments, colorful cast, strong tone and themes, etc.), I'd be a happy trainer.

Match time 19:31
Oh...

Ash, Female Trainer and Milo?

Please have the anime NOT be anything like Black and White?

I'm kind of surprised that people want Milo to be one of Ash's next companions or are expecting that to happen. It wouldn't be impossible, but he looks a bit too old to be part of the main cast. I can't see Sonia being part of the main cast for the same reason. I kind of like it if Hop was part of the main cast, or at least being prominent rival from the start of the series. He already gives off Hau vibes and his goal of wanting to become a Champion like his older brother could provide some interesting interactions with Ash. I would hope that he'd gets more appearances in the SWSH anime than Hau has in SM at least.

I was not expecting another Rotom based Pokedex. That might not be complete confirmation that Rotom will be sticking with Ash, but it does make it pretty likely. I'm a bit mixed on that. I don't mind Rotom Dex that much, although he can be a bit annoying in the show, but I also kind of miss the regular Pokedex. Unlike other fans, it never bothered me that Ash used the Pokedex on Pokemon he had already seen, especially when there were usually large gaps of time between those appearances. That being said, Rotom deciding to travel with Ash in a new region would make sense in-universe too. They already had a perfect way to write Rotom Dex out of the series if they had waited until the end of SM to make it, but both Ash and Rotom Dex missed each other too much. Plus, Rotom wants to record information on new unknown Pokemon and Ash would be the best person to follow if it wanted to do that. I figured it would just stay in Alola with Professor Kukui, but Rotom Dex's future always was dependent on what the new Pokedex would be like.

I still can't really see any of the other SM cast members coming along to Galar. It sounds like a pretty battle heavy region and that wouldn't really appeal to most of them. Most of their goals don't really involve battling and I can't even see why most of them would leave the Alola region in the first place. Most of their goals wouldn't really require or necessarily benefit traveling outside of their home region. Not to mention it would be kind of hard for Kiawe, Lana and Mallow to leave their families behind when they have empathized how important their connections to their families are for them. A part of me wouldn't be shocked if they found a reason to have everyone leave Alola. I never would have expected Serena to leave Kalos when her goal is tied so directly to the region, but that still happened. I just don't think that any of the SM cast would be part of the next series and to be quite honest, I wouldn't want them do that either. If having one series lasting for well over a hundred episodes wasn't enough time to give the cast proper focus/development, then putting them in another series isn't going to do that either. I'd rather that they have new characters instead of trying to make up for not doing enough with the SM cast by including one of them in the new series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom