• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

How about increasing the company's staff a little more then?

YN95BAD.png

It's a multi-billion dollar franchise at this point. Instead of asking the fans to want less, how about to try to fit the position you occupy in the industry once?

Honestly, I don't care if the games sell well or not (only maybe in the sense that I want them to have continuations, but still, I don't care that much). I don't like Pokémon because it is a popular franchise or because it's a billionaire franchise, I like Pokémon because its games are good.

In the case of Pokémon, a collecting game, excluding Pokémon this way would be a very bad thing for the genre.

Game Freak wants to have their cake and eat it. They want to release new games every year but not increase their size or outsource. That would be bad for the quality. Maybe they should outsource some stuff to Nintendo.

Here’s my take (second one actually).

People do have the right to complain.

However, we aren’t developers are we? I think we should give Masuda a break tbh. It was mentioned before it didn’t look like Masuda was happy with the decision.

We have no idea what is going on in Gamefreak.

And on the BRIGHTSIDE, we will probably get every single Pokémon back eventually. While this is their plan moving forward, D/P Remakes will probably fill in any missing Sinnoh Pokémon.
If we get a “third version” that usually has dex alterations. Then Gen 9- 10 will fill in the rest of the gaps.

Actually an interesting thought. Sword/Shield has two way Home transfer. Maybe it will be the same. You might not be able to transfer your Sinnoh mon to Galar, but if you wait till the Sinnoh remake you can transfer it there, then back for the next games and so on, sending and storing Pokémon based on the game that supports that mon.

They already outsource, but clearly not enough.

And on the BRIGHTSIDE, we will probably get every single Pokémon back eventually. While this is their plan moving forward, D/P Remakes will probably fill in any missing Sinnoh Pokémon.
If we get a “third version” that usually has dex alterations. Then Gen 9- 10 will fill in the rest of the gaps.
It's a new direction "from here on out", so filling in the gaps isn't really the plan so much as changing the gaps. There will only be "Pokedex-complete" games if Game Freak get the message that fans are very much against the new policy.

Famitsu interview reveals no Mega Evolution or Z Moves are present in the games.
kek

『ポケットモンスター ソード・シールド』の“いま聞きたいこと”について増田順一氏、大森滋氏を直撃。「連れて来られるポケモンの話」にも言及!【E32019】 - ファミ通.com

「特定のエリア内におけるバトルで一度だけ、3ターンの間ポケモンを“ダイマックス”させることができる。なお、本作ではメガシンカや、Zワザは登場しない。」

"Pokémon can be Dynamaxed during 3 turns in specific areas. Also, in this game there aren't Mega Evolutions or Z Moves".

I feel really bad for people who only buy Nintendo consoles for Pokemon and bought a Switch for . . . Let's Go Pikachu's fourth remake of a 20 year old game (with less features and content than the last remake and a higher price) and "murder half our characters" Sword and Shield.

This seems like something they were preparing people for.

Like they were testing the VGC with Alola only Pokémon, and there was no National Dex in US/UM. This is kind of the next step.

But remember your Pokémon aren’t dead. They are just sitting in a Home waiting for a comparable game to come out.

Famitsu interview reveals no Mega Evolution or Z Moves are present in the games.
kek

『ポケットモンスター ソード・シールド』の“いま聞きたいこと”について増田順一氏、大森滋氏を直撃。「連れて来られるポケモンの話」にも言及!【E32019】 - ファミ通.com

"Pokémon can be Dynamaxed during 3 turns in specific areas. Also, in this game there aren't Mega Evolutions or Z Moves".
Interesting. They're really pushing the Dynamax feature.

kek

I'm definitely in a minority for saying this, but good to see that re-confirmed. Mega evolution really felt like it was only a marketing ploy considering how many popular mons got it (Lucario, Salamence, Garchomp, Rayquaza), they were poorly balanced all around, and they made it impossible for certain lines to get actual evolutions in the future (Sableye, Mawile, etc). There were definitely good megas that really did better old mons that needed it like Beedrill, but they were out-weighed by how much it hurt the gameplay. Z Moves are okay but I'm not at all upset by their absence. While Dynamax is relatively lame, it seems like they're actually trying to balance it at least, and Gigantamaxing is probably what's going to fill the Mega role.

This seems like something they were preparing people for.

Like they were testing the VGC with Alola only Pokémon, and there was no National Dex in US/UM. This is kind of the next step.

But remember your Pokémon aren’t dead. They are just sitting in a Home waiting for a comparable game to come out.

Sure, just wait for 3-5 years . . .

I mean what does this do to the merchandise? What happens when a kid gets a toy of a Pokemon they want to play with and then their mom gets them the new games and it's "Sorry, kid, wait 3 years." This could eat into toy sales too.

I mean what does this do to the merchandise? What happens when a kid gets a toy of a Pokemon they want to play with and then their mom gets them the new games and it's "Sorry, kid, wait 3 years." This could eat into toy sales too.
i highly doubt this is going to affect toy sales

As someone who buys any plushie if the store has it and I have money...things disappear fast around the same time a new game is released. Especially a new generation. Stores seem to send all the stuff released during the previous one back or hardcore rich fans buy up every single last piece of merch there.

What I'm trying to say is...it won't hurt the toy sales if they like....don't have any toys of that pokemon and only make toys of new pokemon from that point on.

i highly doubt this is going to affect toy sales
I mean it will affect what sort of marketing they'll probably use to decide who gets a toy made of them. Heck, it'll probably even affect the anime. I bet all non-Galar Pokemon are banned from the anime for the next 2-3 years.

kek

Yeah, I’m more and more convinced that Max Moves will be Z-Moves 2.0 while Gigantamax will be the newest way to Mega Evolve Pokémon.

I feel really bad for people who only buy Nintendo consoles for Pokemon and bought a Switch for . . . Let's Go Pikachu's fourth remake of a 20 year old game (with less features and content than the last remake and a higher price) and "murder half our characters" Sword and Shield.
Thankfully, my husband and I both use the Switch, and he bought it at Toys R Us for a decent discount. But yeah, if you upgraded for Sw/Sh, this is a bitter pill to swallow.

Suddenly the little 'click' at the start of the Switch commercials makes perfect sense, just don't ask me how Masuda got his hands on all of the Infinity Stones... :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom