• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they don't remove Sheen from Super Contests like they did for Contest Spectaculars. If there's no limit to the amount of consumable poffins, there'll be no skill, it'll just be a matter of stuffing any old poke full of poffins, slapping a scarf on them and getting a free ribbon.
On the upside, this made it a lot easier to evolve Feebas.

Honestly, I don't care if they get rid of sheen, it's an annoying and cumbersome mechanic. And not just because of feeding your pokemon the 'wrong' poffins, but it makes it incredibly difficult to win master rank in all categories with quite a few pokemon. And in ORAS, they made it too easy I think, but the removal of sheen was hardly an issue. The mechanics and moves got simplified and making pokeblocks was just a button press.

That said, I do like the idea of sheen reducing berries/poffins, or maybe a service like the massage girl, which can reduce sheen a little. Putting some thought into what goal you want to achieve with a pokemon is cool, but sheen was always too frustrating, too irreversible for me.

Also, why did they remove preferred flavor in ORAS? I hope they'll re-introduce that in Gen IV remakes, cause it's a great way to make a pokemon not suitable for battle nonetheless interesting

By adjective I meant like how the Kanto remakes were (Fire Red, Leaf Green)

Considering there was Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I don't think the adjective will be any of the obvious ones that we keep thinking.

Okay, if they're going to insist on this "we're only letting you use Pokemon in the regional dex" policy from here on out, expanding the Sinnoh Dex becomes a must now. No way DP's paltry 150 or even Platinum's 210 is enough. And if DP is the only other 8th gen game, they should include everything that isn't in the Galar Dex. It's only fair that they do that to make sure every Pokemon is in at least one regional dex per generation to make sure nothing is forgotten. The question is will they include new Pokemon in the main game? They could pull something where they're in the dex but you can't actually catch them until post game, they've done that several times before unfortunately (see: BW2, SM/USUM).

Okay, if they're going to insist on this "we're only letting you use Pokemon in the regional dex" policy from here on out, expanding the Sinnoh Dex becomes a must now. No way DP's paltry 150 or even Platinum's 210 is enough. And if DP is the only other 8th gen game, they should include everything that isn't in the Galar Dex. It's only fair that they do that to make sure every Pokemon is in at least one regional dex per generation to make sure nothing is forgotten. The question is will they include new Pokemon in the main game? They could pull something where they're in the dex but you can't actually catch them until post game, they've done that several times before unfortunately (see: BW2, SM/USUM).
True but stealing this from my post in pokemon home

-------------------------------

and i now realize i should have expected this BS from gamefreak after they've done some versions of it in the past

but to me i fully now expect them to this (release them) in three parts maybe 200 in shield and sword those 200 and 300 for gen 4 remakes and the last remaining amount with sequels or ultra version or 3rd version like emerald or platinum

ps the numbers are hypothetical

------------------------------------

I fully expect them to do that bolt the cat

I could personally see every Pokémon from SwSh being in DPPt remakes just to reduce the backlash. In fact, the rule of thumb in regards to remakes under the new policy should be this: if a Pokémon was introduced/included in a previous game, future games in the same generation should have those Pokémon as well regardless of the Pokédex.

I could personally see every Pokémon from SwSh being in DPPt remakes just to reduce the backlash. In fact, the rule of thumb in regards to remakes under the new policy should be this: if a Pokémon was introduced/included in a previous game, future games in the same generation should have those Pokémon as well regardless of the Pokédex.
Except the Pokedex might get bloated, especially considering Sinnoh was designed with the DS in mind, not the Switch.

Except the Pokedex might get bloated, especially considering Sinnoh was designed with the DS in mind, not the Switch.
Then what point is there to remaking Sinnoh if they can’t update anything? It’ll end up like LGPE Kanto otherwise. At the very least, the newest Pokémon from the two most recent generations that are also in the Galar Pokédex should be available there.

Then what point is there to remaking Sinnoh if they can’t update anything? It’ll end up like LGPE Kanto otherwise. At the very least, the newest Pokémon from the two most recent generations that are also in the Galar Pokédex should be available there.
Updating Sinnoh to match Galar would require drastically redesigning the region, possibly to the point where Sinnoh is completely unrecognizable.

Updating Sinnoh to match Galar would require drastically redesigning the region, possibly to the point where Sinnoh is completely unrecognizable.
So, what do you suggest we do then? Keeping the Pokédex as is won’t work, as that was one of the generation’s biggest complaints.

Say, how would you guys feel about Game Freak adding new Pokémon species or variants to the Sinnoh Pokédex? Maybe they could come from the Distortion World and/or be linked to Giratina somehow.

Say, how would you guys feel about Game Freak adding new Pokémon species or variants to the Sinnoh Pokédex? Maybe they could come from the Distortion World and/or be linked to Giratina somehow.
So like how Ultra Beasts being related to Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma somehow kind of thing?

So like how Ultra Beasts being related to Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma somehow kind of thing?
Exactly. I remember reading speculation about some sort of new species or Pokémon form related to the Distortion World back when the Rotom forms introduced in Platinum were simple silhouettes in CoroCoro. Some people were disappointed when they turned out to be Rotom, and others were disappointed that the only Pokémon in the Distortion World was the Platinum mascot. Since Game Freak doesn’t have to worry about the National Pokédex right now, this would be the perfect opportunity to give the Distortion World some new life forms.

It's kind of hard for me to even get excited for possible D/P remakes given how LGPE turned out, and now the news about Gamefreak wanting to exclude some Pokemon in future games makes me feel like the D/P remakes would only include Pokemon that were in the original Sinnoh Dex and perhaps a new Mythical or two a la Meltan and Melmetal for gimmick purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom