• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of hard for me to even get excited for possible D/P remakes given how LGPE turned out, and now the news about Gamefreak wanting to exclude some Pokemon in future games makes me feel like the D/P remakes would only include Pokemon that were in the original Sinnoh Dex and perhaps a new Mythical or two a la Meltan and Melmetal for gimmick purposes.

Probably Silvally because it's bootleg Arceus.

And then they don't do anything with its lore or storyline from SM and it probably being intended to be an Arceus copy and it's just there.

Probably Silvally because it's bootleg Arceus.

And then they don't do anything with its lore or storyline from SM and it probably being intended to be an Arceus copy and it's just there.
It was stated somewhere in the Alola games that there's a Type: Null still in Sinnoh, so it could be possible to catch one there.

It was stated somewhere in the Alola games that there's a Type: Null still in Sinnoh, so it could be possible to catch one there.

It would be a shame if it...

Weren't to be in the Sinnoh Dex.

Where did they said that? I recall that there are three Type: Nulls. Gladion's, Elio/Selene's and a third one that no one knows if it's still alive.

I think there were four, of which one was implied/said to be in Sinnoh.

Either Gladion or Wicke said it.

EDIT: Turns out not. It was only said Type: Null's inspiration came from Arceus' ability as read in the Canalave Library.

Where did they said that? I recall that there are three Type: Nulls. Gladion's, Elio/Selene's and a third one that no one knows if it's still alive.
In the Aether Foundation's deeper rooms, they state that the third Type: Null was left in Sinnoh.

We can probably expect changes to be made to DPPt to tie them into SwSh, or whichever games will be their contemporaries.
It happened with ORAS and Mega Evolution, after all. I think that if the Distortion World comes back it will be as a post-game episode, like Zinnia.

Maybe the different dimensions that the Creation trio comes from are the source of the Dynamax energy. It sort of makes sense when you consider their size next to the player character.

Okay, if they're going to insist on this "we're only letting you use Pokemon in the regional dex" policy from here on out, expanding the Sinnoh Dex becomes a must now. No way DP's paltry 150 or even Platinum's 210 is enough. And if DP is the only other 8th gen game, they should include everything that isn't in the Galar Dex. It's only fair that they do that to make sure every Pokemon is in at least one regional dex per generation to make sure nothing is forgotten. The question is will they include new Pokemon in the main game? They could pull something where they're in the dex but you can't actually catch them until post game, they've done that several times before unfortunately (see: BW2, SM/USUM).

Thanks but no thanks. I cannot support that idea, more so if done to compensate for SwSh.
I think that the Sinnoh remakes can still feel fresh if done correctly with the original ones and no mass invasion of Gen. V and VII Pokedex.

What I'd like to see is the Battle Area extended north having newer Sinnoh forms with some kind of explanation or not or even just as a gateway to a few more areas with new leaders, as B2W2.

Btw, I want an Origin Arceus in Hall of Origin perhaps with a nod to Sinjoh Ruins and have Cyrus make a cameo. Most importantly, enable any Pkmn following you in Sinnoh!

True but stealing this from my post in pokemon home

-------------------------------

and i now realize i should have expected this BS from gamefreak after they've done some versions of it in the past

but to me i fully now expect them to this (release them) in three parts maybe 200 in shield and sword those 200 and 300 for gen 4 remakes and the last remaining amount with sequels or ultra version or 3rd version like emerald or platinum

ps the numbers are hypothetical

------------------------------------

I fully expect them to do that bolt the cat

That depends on whether or not there are 2 or 3 sets of games this generation. If there even is a followup to SwSh, then maybe they'll expand the Galar Dex with some extra Pokemon not in SwSh or DP remakes, but if there's only 2, DP will have to fill in the gaps.

Except the Pokedex might get bloated, especially considering Sinnoh was designed with the DS in mind, not the Switch.

Updating Sinnoh to match Galar would require drastically redesigning the region, possibly to the point where Sinnoh is completely unrecognizable.

Redesigning the region that drastically might be problematic, yeah. There really isn't any good spot for a Wild Area-esque location in Sinnoh. But updating the Sinnoh Dex? That's perfectly doable. It wouldn't be bloated if they expand it, not more than any other dex nowadays which are usually in the 300-500 range. Sinnoh is actually fairly small by modern standards, they could double the size from Platinum's dex and it still wouldn't be the biggest in the series. Also remember that every Pokemon usable in the game needs to be in the Sinnoh Dex now. That includes not just the main game Pokemon, but every 4th gen legendary, every Pokemon in the post game areas, every Pokemon found through Swarms, Pokeradar, and what have you. If it's in the game, it needs to be in the Sinnoh Dex. Just by that virtue alone the Sinnoh Dex has to be expanded. At a bare minimum they'll need the following:

-All of Platinum's 210 except for Scyther/Scizor, Swablu/Altaria, Houndour/Houndoom, Tropius, and Absol (everything else in Platinum's expansion was either a 4th gen Pokemon or part of the same evolutionary family as one)
-The remaining 4th gen legendaries (Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus)
-Regice, Regirock, and Registeel (needed to obtain Regigigas)
-Ditto (needed to obtain Phione)

But again, since they'll need to fill post game areas, there's probably going to be more than that. So I can easily see the Sinnoh Dex being at least 400 Pokemon. You won't be able to catch all 400 of them in the main game, but there should be at least that many in the entire game.

That depends on whether or not there are 2 or 3 sets of games this generation. If there even is a followup to SwSh, then maybe they'll expand the Galar Dex with some extra Pokemon not in SwSh or DP remakes, but if there's only 2, DP will have to fill in the gaps.

Redesigning the region that drastically might be problematic, yeah. There really isn't any good spot for a Wild Area-esque location in Sinnoh. But updating the Sinnoh Dex? That's perfectly doable. It wouldn't be bloated if they expand it, not more than any other dex nowadays which are usually in the 300-500 range. Sinnoh is actually fairly small by modern standards, they could double the size from Platinum's dex and it still wouldn't be the biggest in the series. Also remember that every Pokemon usable in the game needs to be in the Sinnoh Dex now. That includes not just the main game Pokemon, but every 4th gen legendary, every Pokemon in the post game areas, every Pokemon found through Swarms, Pokeradar, and what have you. If it's in the game, it needs to be in the Sinnoh Dex. Just by that virtue alone the Sinnoh Dex has to be expanded. At a bare minimum they'll need the following:

-All of Platinum's 210 except for Scyther/Scizor, Swablu/Altaria, Houndour/Houndoom, Tropius, and Absol (everything else in Platinum's expansion was either a 4th gen Pokemon or part of the same evolutionary family as one)
-The remaining 4th gen legendaries (Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus)
-Regice, Regirock, and Registeel (needed to obtain Regigigas)
-Ditto (needed to obtain Phione)

But again, since they'll need to fill post game areas, there's probably going to be more than that. So I can easily see the Sinnoh Dex being at least 400 Pokemon. You won't be able to catch all 400 of them in the main game, but there should be at least that many in the entire game.

Fair enough i fully expect the versions i suggested because it seems rushed like sun and moon were bt that being said we;'ll find out soon enough

I have been thinking lately about the inscription on the Plates that change Arceus's type mentioning that they contain the power of defeated giants, could we possibly see those giants this generation as normal sized Pokemon who were Dynamaxed in the past?

Either that or the giants could've also possibly been Arceus of different types who tried to replace the original Arceus but were defeated in the end.

I thought the third Type: Null was still frozen in Lusamine’s room. Unless they thawed it out and that was the one Gladion/Wicke gives you later on.

Since Megas and Z-moves aren’t going to be in Sword and Shield, I could potentially see Game Freak redistributing them to the different remakes if these are the different “adventures” Masuda was talking about. Megas could be in the Sinnoh remakes, possibly with some new ones added to compensate, and Z-moves could return in Let’s Go Johto since they have enough badges to fulfill the role of the Z-crystals (Karen and Mina could give you the last two mid or post game).

Since Megas and Z-moves aren’t going to be in Sword and Shield, I could potentially see Game Freak redistributing them to the different remakes if these are the different “adventures” Masuda was talking about. Megas could be in the Sinnoh remakes, possibly with some new ones added to compensate, and Z-moves could return in Let’s Go Johto since they have enough badges to fulfill the role of the Z-crystals (Karen and Mina could give you the last two mid or post game).

I think it could be the other way around. Megas for Let's Go, since its fans are familiar with the Kanto ones and are more or less popular, and Z-moves in Sinnoh to tie with the plates and maybe with some of the multidimensional Gen 7 lore.

I have been thinking lately about the inscription on the Plates that change Arceus's type mentioning that they contain the power of defeated giants, could we possibly see those giants this generation as normal sized Pokemon who were Dynamaxed in the past?
You know, that actually makes a lot of sense when you think about it. It would actually tie in Dynamax to Sinnoh in a way that doesn't just slap it on, but rather add upon existing lore in an organic manner. Also, since Dynamax seems to give off a sinister vibe, having Arceus try to quell the threat it poses to the universe would justify why Arceus felt the need to slay said giants in the first place.

However, I somehow doubt Game Freak even remembers the flavor text inscribed on Arceus's plates.

I think it could be the other way around. Megas for Let's Go, since its fans are familiar with the Kanto ones and are more or less popular, and Z-moves in Sinnoh to tie with the plates and maybe with some of the multidimensional Gen 7 lore.
Ooooh! :) I didn't think about that...because can't Arceus also use the Z-crystals for Multitype?

In terms of regional dex additions, I only think that they would add the 7 Sinnoh legendaries that weren't in the Platinum Sinnoh dex (Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus), Sylveon, the Regis (you need them in order to get Regigigas), and Ditto (it is needed in order to obtain Phione).

The Sinnoh Remake could use their form of Dynamaxing for the Gyms, as well as Gigamaxing for the legendary Pokemon, and Cynthia's Garchomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom