• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

But if they add all of the Pokemon in, then where are they going to fit all of the 3D models of Lillie? The whiners are a bunch of entitled brats who never think about how practical or reasonable their selfish demands are.
Do you really trust GameFreak to program a game that won't consistently crash if there isn't a Lillie for every strand of grass in the game?

Is it just the language they've chosen to write in? Some languages need to have the models wherever they are using it.

Obviously it's not efficient, but I don't know more to say why these exist over others which have models in one place.

As I said in the main SwSh thread, I wouldn't accept anybody other than Game Freak to design the Pokémon creatures themselves. I think this component should always remain Game Freak's responsibility. I simply don't trust anybody else to be capable of giving the Pokémon their unique Pokémon vibe.

However, the more I think about it, the more I start to warm up to the idea of Game Freak letting somebody else develop everything else (region, human characters, main features, side features, plot, etc).

Last edited:
Can someone explain why it's that important to have a regional Dex available in SwSh?
I think the issue a lot of people have is worrying about their favourite pokemon no longer being in the game series.
Thankfully, all but alolan raichu have been confirmed as far as my own favourites go but one of my friends LOVES whimsicott which is not likely to make an appearance. It's sort of the base for her party every time.

The change also starts the question of will they ever put some of these pokemon back into the main games or will it be 'bye, you aren't popular enough'. I personally expect a swsh 2 situation that adds all the pokemon in a few years.

Also i do have to question the fact that TRUBBISH has been confirmed for the Galar dex. It is rubbish (Though probably someones favourite mon too).

And when the pokémon dynamax, they don't jump straight away to the biggest form, there's a middle one in between. So if dynamaxing requires new models for all the Pokémon instead of just enlarging the existing ones, they would also have to do it for the middle stages...

Why a petition? This is non-sense. You don't like the game,you don't buy that's all! They are not doing games for the fans, they are doing it for them. For the sake of art. It's like a movie or a TV show, they have a way to see the things, and they do it their way.Either you like it or not, they don't give a f***. I fairly think that those games are improved compare to SM. The visual is great, the world looks bigger,the knew pokemon so far are all great, the overworld pokemon looks better than ever. Why focusing on only one disapointing feature? Personnaly, i'm only using new pokemon during my first playtrough, so that didn't affect the game. It only affect post game and the competitive battle.So every one,chill out and buy the game if you like it, don't buy if you don't like ,but for god sake,stop crying,this is not the end of the world.

Signed the petition with more signatures! How could I miss this thread, shame on me

That foreshadowing, we should've seen it coming since X/Y!

Why a petition? This is non-sense. You don't like the game,you don't buy that's all!
A petition shows what people want. Even if it were not to change anything for Sword/Shield now, if there are enough signatures, it's very possible that it'll have an impact later on; for the next gen, even. It's also better than just complaining, it's at least somewhat productive.

They are not doing games for the fans, they are doing it for them. For the sake of art. It's like a movie or a TV show, they have a way to see the things, and they do it their way.Either you like it or not, they don't give a f***.
They're not doing it as a hobby or for the love of their franchise (only) (anymore), though - they want to make money. If they made the games for themselves, they could do anything they want without caring for the reception. If you want to make money of what you're doing, especially if you make a living off it, you can't just do it for yourself, you have to make something people want, so that they'd buy it so you'd get the money.
Even movies and TV shows aren't just created by someone who wants to write a thing for themselves, or the way they like it - there are instances who'd nope something because they fear the consumers wouldn't like it, or put other limits on creative people.
As long as you want people to like what you do and want to make profit of it, you can never 100% just do it for yourself.
We don't even know what exactly Game Freak would make of Pokémon if they really stopped caring about their customers' wants completely and just did what they want.

I fairly think that those games are improved compare to SM. The visual is great, the world looks bigger,the knew pokemon so far are all great, the overworld pokemon looks better than ever. Why focusing on only one disapointing feature?
Personally I think it's hard to compare a game I've played (SM) to a game I haven't played yet (SWSH). It may look better from trailers, but the more important bit is how playing it feels. The next points are absolutely valid, of course, it's your opinion and even if I dislike 2 of the designs by now, it's great hat you like all of them.
Focusing on "only one disappointing feature" because it's one of the core things that made Pokémon special - you could have any Pokémon from like 2003 and still use it now. It has some emotional value. The sheer number of monsters, how long the franchise has been going, and having a mostly free choice over which ones you use is one of the things that made Pokémon special. That's gone now. And for some people, this one feature was something they got used to, and something that was a big reason why they enjoyed this franchise to begin with - it being gone can actually destroy a game for some people, even if it doesn't for you.

Personnaly, i'm only using new pokemon during my first playtrough, so that didn't affect the game. It only affect post game and the competitive battle.So every one,chill out and buy the game if you like it, don't buy if you don't like ,but for god sake,stop crying,this is not the end of the world.
What about the second playthrough? What about special runs some people do? Competitive battling isn't something everyone who plays Pokémon cares about, some really just want their favourite with them on their journey. Even if it's just post-game, or only on the second run. Some do special runs (Nuzlocke Generations run) and this just plain limits it.

Nobody is really crying, and of course it's not the end of the world, but people absolutely have a right to speak up if they don't like something. It's still on Game Freak what they make of complaints and petitions, though.

Did I just read that Game Freak is doing it for the art? The same company, that if it wasn't for the intervention of Iwata, was going to release two third versions of BW with the exact same plot? The same company, that two generations later, after Iwata's death, did just that? The same company that I am to believe is "doing it for the art" but can't manage to properly program the game? It's like a musician "doing it for the art" but won't learn how to play music or sing.

Did I just read that Game Freak is doing it for the art? The same company, that if it wasn't for the intervention of Iwata, was going to release two third versions of BW with the exact same plot? The same company, that two generations later, after Iwata's death, did just that? The same company that I am to believe is "doing it for the art" but can't manage to properly program the game? It's like a musician "doing it for the art" but won't learn how to play music or sing.
If they did it genuinely just for the art, they'd take more time for the games and don't push out about a game per year tbh.

The Outrage is right. From Iwata Asks:

Iwata: Like a difference in color—for example, "How about coming out with Pokémon Gray Version?"
Ishihara: Yeah. But lots of players were expecting us to follow the same pattern, so for the first time we decided to try adding a "2" for a pleasant surprise.
Iwata: Something else that's different from the pattern so far is that you're releasing two games. When I first heard that, I couldn't help but say, "Huh? Two?!"
Ishihara: That sort of surprise is what gives this product its newness. I'd like to have Masuda-san and Unno-san talk about what we aimed for in sequels to Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version.
Iwata: All right, Masuda-san?
Masuda: I'm Masuda from Game Freak. As for why we're releasing two, we thought of a game mechanic to put in when we were developing Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, but we didn't have enough time to do it. We needed two games for that, so this time we decided to make two.
Iwata: So that's why you made two.
Masuda: Yes. A little later, we thought of making them sequels. When you told me that if we were going to release something for the Nintendo DS system, we had to come up with something new, I was really worried. (laughs)
Then I thought, "How about sequels?"
Iwata: For games to have sequels is nothing unusual, but we'd never taken that direction with Pokémon, so it was new.

Masuda: Yes. A little later, we thought of making them sequels. When you told me that if we were going to release something for the Nintendo DS system, we had to come up with something new, I was really worried. (laughs) Then I
... so they actually thought of two third versions before a pair of sequels? Did they actually expect people pay twice for a single mechanic.

I feel worse knowing people would actually buy them both. On release. But hey, I don’t get to dictate how people spend their money!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom