• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, stop paraphrasing what GF says. They never said they are tired of pokemon. They said they are focusing more on other games rather than only on pokemon, which is something different.
Imo, that sounds like telling your girlfriend "it's not that I don't like you anymore, I'm simply focusing on other women too".

Edit: ^ It's a joke guys

Last edited:
Imo, that sounds like telling your girlfriend "it's not that I don't like you anymore, I'm just focusing on other women too".
That's not how the gaming industry works.

Look at CA; they've released multiple concurrently running titles the past few years; most of which have been quite succesfull.

We shouldn't be armchair-developers; we should just make them know that we don't like this new direction in a polite and respectful manner.

This discussion should unite all Poke-fans, not polarize them.

So, who wants to speculate final form starter stats? Using the stats we got from the demo I came up with some ideas

Scorbunny: 75 /130 /65 /65 /65 /130
Sobble: 75 /65 /65 /130 /65 /130
Grookey: 75 /131 /90 /65 /80 /90

I remember when I used to think the same way (back in 2015/2016), and I feel embarrassed, tbh. As much as I forced myself to like ORAS, I eventually came to the conclusion that ORAS was an insult to hardcore Hoenn fans.

And it's not only noticeable in the big flaws, like the glaring luck of the Battle Frontier. It's also evident in the small details. Like how they removed the Berry Blending mini game. And more importantly, the fact that if I am playing ORAS, and I suddenly want to rematch the Hoenn Gym Leaders, I have to go and rematch them in Emerald or BW2, because you can't rematch them in ORAS.
Never played Emerald. Don't care.

Handsome Archie is best Archie.

These are the vibes I'm getting.

I agree that GF should be able to do it now but they haven't taken a break year since 2014. Morover animating moves for 900 pokemon models plus more for forms is obviously more time taking than what colosseum did.

You mean 2015.
USUM was unnecessary, they should have just put the features in SM or offered them via DLC.
I think I will skip the initial pair of as since I am afraid they will do another 3rd version cash grab like USUM.

The Post Game, from what Masuda describe, will showcase more for the game than what we had on the 3DS games. The leak said that once Champion, the player gets a manager where you then unlock a lot of stuff to make you Champion. I’m hoping for something like Battle Tree with some old characters returning.

However, there have been reports lately that GF is tired of making Pokemon games and want to do something else instead.

I think business days they should keep Pokemon to keep printing money even if it gets them overworked. After all, profit is the most important thing in business and Pokémon's has a huge brand recognition.

The Post Game, from what Masuda describe, will showcase more for the game than what we had on the 3DS games. The leak said that once Champion, the player gets a manager where you then unlock a lot of stuff to make you Champion. I’m hoping for something like Battle Tree with some old characters returning.
Paraphrasing is dangerous. "The leak" is almost certainly not from the same source as the (virtually) confirmed leak; it was just posted in the same thread. Also, said stuff is "new outfits, TMs, and access to additional locations of Wild Area."

You mean 2015.
USUM was unnecessary, they should have just put the features in SM or offered them via DLC.
I think I will skip the initial pair of as since I am afraid they will do another 3rd version cash grab like USUM.
Tbh with leaks saying how important the third legendary will be, I think the story will be complete and they won't be making a third version. Moreover I do think that they are going to make Lets Go Johto. In which case, unless DP remakes come next gen, We''ll have 4 games this gen. Plus I'm sure they'll take a break in 2020. So that means 4 more years of Gen VIII. And I can't imagine that.

The only pokemon game I didn't really like much was Diamond (almost stopped playing pokemon altogether after disappointment from that game)...and yet I still completed it 2-3 times.

Emerald is one of my favorite games of all time, but I still love ORAS and am currently replaying Alpha Sapphire.

I might just be too easy to please though.

Last edited:
The only pokemon game I didn't really like much was Diamond...and yet I still completed it 2-3 times.

Emerald is one of my favorite games of all tine, but I still love ORAS and am currently replaying Alpha Sapphire.

I might just be too easy to please though.
Same here lol. DP is the only one I don't like that much. And that's because Platinum is such an improvement.

I want some insight. Recently people have been saying the game is "incomplete" cause of the pokemon cut. What's up with that? Sure past games had pokemon data in it, and that's part of the how transference works....but that's not what made the game complete. An incomplete game is where a game bugs out, crashes, and glitches due to insufficient coding, there's also lack programming to environments to which you can fall off a map into a black void, random people or creatures would just act stupid and become stuck, or clip, because programmers did program them to simply not do that. All those are traits of an incomplete game....Missing pokemon does not make the game unfinished. The pokemon you have in a previous game doesn't come with the game, they're only just brought in manually by you. Otherwise if they aren't in the wild or catchable in that specific game, Then the game isn't incomplete. That's the point why your pokemon has to be transferred, BECAUSE it's not in the game. So again, where is this coming from? Sword and Shield will be a complete game, just cause some of your pokemon's data isn't in this game like in the past ones did, it doesn't make the game any less finsihed as every other game.

I want some insight. Recently people have been saying the game is "incomplete" cause of the pokemon cut. What's up with that? Sure past games had pokemon data in it, and that's part of the how transference works....butthat's not what made the game complete. An incomplete game is where a game bugs out, crashes, and glitches due to insufficient coding, there's also lack programming to environments to which you can fall off a map into a black void, random people or creatures would just act stupid and become stuck, or clip, because programmers did program them to simply not do that. All those are traits of an incomplete game....Missing pokemon does not make the game unfinished. The pokemon you have in a previous game doesn't come with the game, they're only just brought in manually by you. Otherwise if they aren't in the wild or catchable in that specific game, Then the game isn't incomplete. That's the point why your pokemon has to be transferred, BECAUSE it's not in the game. So again, where is this coming from? Sword and Shield will be a complete game, just cause some of your pokemon's data isn't in this game like in the past ones did, it doesn't make the game any less finsihed as every other game.
I haven't seen anyone call it incomplete due to that... and I would agree that it's dumb to label it as such.

In fact, no pokemon game has really ever been incomplete? A more appropriate word might be "lacking." It's not unfinished, it just could have had more.

It might be incomplete now. It's a while until it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom