• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think XY's mediocre plot screams "unfinished", "rushed" or "whoops, we ran out of time".

Especially since XY was developed for a long period of time.

Last edited:
They have upgraded the stats of some less popular Pokemon like Corsola, Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Qwilfish, and Beautifly, so it might be random who gets an upgrade and who doesn't. I even think they upgraded Butterfree just last gen. Of course, these were primarily 10 point boosts to 1 or 2 stats, so the wheel grinds slow on making a lot of Pokemon completely usable.

Just a random thought I had:

They should just make megas new normal evolutions for the pokemon, or if the designs are way similar, make the mega replace the original pokemon. This doesnt work for all of them of course, but I think it would do wonders for some.

Like, Mega Ampharos should just completely replace the normal. The hair makes it better fit to be Flaaffy's evo, IMO.
Mega Pidgeot should just be normal Pidgeot. Why? Because Pidgeotto and Pidgeot look almost the exact same. This will give variance to Pidgey evo line.

Banette mega looks already serviceable to be a full banette evolution.
Same with Mega Pinsir.

I really applaud game freak on how true to life their games maybe making the most racist pokemon game ever and basing its region on one of the racist country in the world.

Just a random thought I had:

They should just make megas new normal evolutions for the pokemon, or if the designs are way similar, make the mega replace the original pokemon. This doesnt work for all of them of course, but I think it would do wonders for some.

Like, Mega Ampharos should just completely replace the normal. The hair makes it better fit to be Flaaffy's evo, IMO.
Mega Pidgeot should just be normal Pidgeot. Why? Because Pidgeotto and Pidgeot look almost the exact same. This will give variance to Pidgey evo line.

Banette mega looks already serviceable to be a full banette evolution.
Same with Mega Pinsir.
Would need some serious balancing though, in general. Because this means you could have multiple “Megas” in one game. Unless the power curve is huge and Dynamax Pokémon are extremely OP.

Edit: Which might actually be possible. We have seen lower stage Pokémon Dynamax... We haven’t seen legendaries Dynamax yet. We might get a huge power jump in Sw/Sh. After all, the theme is supposedly “strongest Pokémon”.

Last edited:
My guess is it's because of the Nessa being sexualized due to her skintone discourse.

Wow. Just wow.

Tumblr has been on fire since her reveal.

Some of them took it upon themselves to make edit her art to have a one piece and swim trunks (At the same time!)...the other half is trying to put the fire out by posting real pictures of how skimpy Olympic swimsuits are.

Somebody who's Haitian even posted their opinion on it.

But apparently there's a bigger outcry from the people who think she's a racist and sexist stereotype because she's a sexy black woman and not like...a water trainer who wears a swimsuit in a water gym.

Not exactly. It would be a bit faster, way bulkier on defense and physically oriented (but not as strong). I would say slightly better than Incineroar for a defensive pokemon, considering the only special move Inci uses is snarl (and not really to make damage, just for a sp.att drop). Compare them:

Incineroar: 95/115/90/80/90/60
Grookey: 100/100/110/60/90/70

The problem is that grass is not that good as a defensive type, the only real good combos for a defensive pokemon are grass/rock and grass/steel. It would have leech seed though...
Grass/Rock is not good. It only resists Electric and Normal while still being weak to Bug, Fighting, Ice, and Steel, with the middle two being especially problematic. Look at Cradily. It has a good stat spread and movepool to be good defensively - it just doesn't have enough resistances, even with Storm Drain. I'd say Grass/Fairy and Grass/Steel fit the bill for good defensive types including Grass. Grass/Ghost, Grass/Psychic, and Grass/Poison are decent, even if they have a lot of weaknesses.

Also, where are you getting those stats for Grookey?

You know, Misty wore a much Skimpier bikini back in Gen 1.

Exactly. That's what a lot of people are trying to point out. Not to mention characters like anime!Misty, Jessie, and Gardinia wearing midriff revealing clothes, all the female swimmers in bikinis, battle girls in sports bras and bike shorts, and actual Olympic swimmers like I said.

Tumblr will be tumblr, I guess.

Nessa's outfit is fine. It's better than Skyla's, which was skimpy for no reason. Nessa is actually a swimmer, and that's an outfit that female swimmers would wear in regular life. Pokemon has actually treated dark skinned characters very well. I don't know why people always nitpick over them in these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom