• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, it's time to make prediction to speculate wich pokemon will be cut,and wich will be in the game. I've donne it and in the end, 444
of them are safe from the cut. And I manage to put the majority of fan favorite. Here's my entire list:
-Bulbasaur
-Ivysaur
-Venusaur
-Charmander
-Charmeleon
-Charizard
-Squirtle
-Wartortle
-Blastoise
-Caterpie
-Metapod
-Butterfree
-Weedle
-Kakuna
-Beedrill
-Ekans
-Arbork
-Pikachu
-Raichu
-Nidoran F
-Nidorina
-Nidoqueen
-Nidoran M
-Nidorino
-Nidoking
-Clefairy
-Clefable
-Vulpix
-Ninetales
-Jigglypuff
-Wigglytuff
-Oddish
-Gloom
-Vileplume
-Paras
-Parasect
-Venonat
-Venomoth
-Diglett
-Dugtrio
-Meowth
-Persian
-Psyduck
-Golduck
-Growlithe
-Arcanine
-Poliwag
-Poliwhirl
-Poliwrath
-Abra
-Kadabra
-Alakazam
-Machop
-Machoke
-Machamp
-Bellsprout
-Weepinbell
-Victreebel
-Geodude
-Graveler
-Golem
-Ponyta
-Rapidah
-Slowpoke
-Slowbro
-Magnemite
-Magneton
-Farfetch'd
-Grimer
-Muk
-Gastly
-Haunter
-Gengar
-Onix
-Krabby
-Kingler
-Cubone
-Marowak
-Koffing
-Weezing
-Rhyhorn
-Rhydon
-Chansey
-Horsea
-Seadra
-Goldeen
-Seaking
-Staryu
-Starmie
-Mr.Mime
-Scyther
-Jynx
-Electabuzz
-Magmar
-Pinsir
-Tauros
-Magikarp
-Gyarados
-Ditto
-Eevee
-Vaporeon
-Jolteon
-Flareon
-Snorlax
-Articuno
-Zapdos
-Moltres
-Dratini
-Dragonair
-Dragonite
-Mewtwo
-Mew
-Hoothoot
-Noctowl
-Ledyba
-Ledian
-Spinarak
-Ariados
-Chinchou
-Lanturn
-Pichu
-Cleffa
-Igglybuff
-Togepi
-Togetic
-Mareep
-Flaafy
-Ampharos
-Bellosom
-Marill
-Azumarill
-Politoad
-Aipom
-Yanma
-Wooper
-Quagsire
-Espeon
-Umbreon
-Murkrow
-Slowking
-Missdreavus
-Wobbuffet
-Giragarig
-Pineco
-Forretress
-Dunsparce
-Gligar
-Steelix
-Snubull
-Granbull
-Scizor
-Heracross
-Sneasel
-Teddiursa
-Ursaring
-Swinub
-Piloswine
-Corsola
-Remoraid
-Octillery
-Mantine
-Houndour
-Houndoom
-Kingdra
-Phanpy
-Donphan
-Smoochum
-Elekid
-Magby
-Miltank
-Blissey
-Larvitar
-Pupitar
-Tyranitor
-Lugia
-Ho-oh
-ZIgzagoon
-Linoone
-Wurple
-Silcoon
-Beautifly
-Cascoon
-Dustox
-Lotad
-Lombre
-Ludicolo
-Seedot
-Nuzleaf
-Shiftry
-Taillow
-Swellow
-Wingull(Unfortunatly confirmed)
-Pelipper
-Raltz
-Kirlia
-Gardevoir
-Shroomish
-Breloom
-Nincada
-Ninjask
-Shedinja
-Makuhita
-Haryama
-Azurill
-Sableye
-Aron
-Lairon
-Aggron
-Electrike
-Manectric
-Roselia
-Gulpin
-Swalot
-Wailmer
-Wailord
-Numel
-Camerupt
-Trapinch
-Vibrava
-Flygon
-Swablu
-Altaria
-Zangoose
-Seviper
-Corphish
-Crawdaunt
-Feebas
-Milotic
-Castform
-Duskull
-Dusclops
-Snorunt
-Glalie
-Spheal
-Sealeo
-Walrein
-Bagon
-Shelgon
-Salamence
-Beldum
-Metang
-Metagross
-Regirock
-Regice
-Registeel
-Kricketot
-Kricktune
-Budew
-Roserade
-Burmy
-Wormadam
-Mothim
-Combee
-Vespiquen
-Buizel
-Floatzel
-Ambipom
-Drifloon
-Driflblim
-Mismagius
-Honchkrow
-Glameow
-Purugly
-Stunky
-Skunktank
-Bronzor
-Bronzong
-Mime JR
-Happiny
-Gible
-Gabite
-Garchomp
-Munchlax
-Riolu
-Lucario
-Hippopotas
-Hippowdon
-Snover
-Abomasnow
-Weavile
-Magnezone
-Rhyperior
-Electivire
-Magmortar
-Togekiss
-Yanmega
-Leafeon
-Glaceon
-Gliscor
-Mamoswine
-Gallade
-Dusknoir
-Froslass
-Rotom
-Regigigas
-Patrat
-Watchog
-Lilipup
-Herdier
-Stoutland
-Purrloin
-Liepard
-Pansage
-Simisage
-Pansear
-Simisear
-Panpour
-Simipour
-Roggenrola
-Boldore
-Gigalith
-Woobat
-Swoobat
-Drillbur
-Excadrill
-Tympole
-Palpitoad
-Seismitoad
-Throh
-Sawk
-Sewaddle
-Swadloon
-Leavanny
-Venipene
-Whirlipede
-Scolipede
-Sandile
-Krokorok
-Krookodile
-Yanmask
-Cofagrigus
-Trubbish
-Garbordor
-Zoroa
-Zoroark
-Minccino
-Cinccino
-Ducklett
-Swanna
-Vanillite
-Vanillish
-Vanilluxe
-Deerling
-Sawsbuck
-Frilish
-Jellycent
-Joltik
-Galvantula
-Ferroseed
-Ferrothorn
-Klink
-Klang
-Klinklang
-Litwick
-Lampent
-Chandelure
-Axew
-Fraxure
-Haxorus
-Cryogonal
-Golett
-Golurk
-Pawniard
-Bisharp
-Bouffalant
-Rufflet
-Braviary
-Vullaby
-Mandibuzz
-Deino
-Zweilous
-Hydreigon
-Cobalion
-Terrakion
-Virizion
-Bunnelby
-Diggersby
-Fletchling
-Fletchinder
-Talonflame
-Scatterbug
-Spewpa
-Vivillon
-Skido
-Gogoat
-Pancham
-Pangoro
-Espurr
-Meowstic
-Honedge
-Doublade
-Aegislash
-Spritzee
-Aromatisse
-Swirlix
-Slurpuff
-Inkay
-Malamar
-Sylveon
-Hawlucha
-Goomy
-Sliggoo
-Goodra
-Phantump
-Trevenant
-Pumpkaboo
-Gourgeist
-Bermite
-Avalugg
-Noibat
-Noivern
-Grubbin
-Charjabug
-Vikavolt
-Wishiwashi
-Mareanie
-Toxapex
-Mudbray
-Mudsdale
-Fomantis
-Lurantis
-Salandit
-Salazzle
-Stufful
-Bewear
-Bounsweat
-Steenee
-Tsareena
-Comfey
-Oranguru
-Passimian
-Wimpod
-Golisopod
-Sandygast
-Palossand
-Mimikyu
-Jangmo-O
-Hakamo-o
-Kommo-o
-Tapu koko
-Tapu lele
-Tapu bulu
-Tapu fini
-Meltan
-Melmetal

Also Nessa is now Shelly's younger sister/daughter (depending on how many years it is between ORAS and SWSH) In my headcannon and none of you are gonna be able to convince me otherwise.
What if SwSh is a prequel, would that mean she IS Shelly?
What if, considering the remakes are their own timelines, she's the ORAS Shelly of the timeline which includes the white Shelly?

I've seen this before. I just asked if there was a way he derived/had a solid reason to list those as Grookey's final evolution's stats. I do think something's going on here, though. Sobble's and Scorbunny's stats are extremely min-maxed, which is unusual for starter Pokemon.
Well gamefreak did state the starters would relate to the theme, the strongest, so maybe min maxing Scorbunny and Sobble was to make them the overall strongest starters of their typing.

At this point we degenerated from "Home is the worst thing" to "Nessa is racist". What the hell?
Some people are never satisfied. These people just have nothing better to do with their lives. They're obviously out of accusing anyone being racist so they would try to desperately find anything else to point fingers at. Talk about pathetic.

A random thought crossed my mind - Eldegoss may be the new Tangrowth, if the latter doesn't make the cut...and I'm fine with this.

By the way, the Kalos regional Pokedex has 457 Pokemon, and that's back when we were working with 718 total. This means we could have well over half of all Pokemon in the Galar regional Pokedex, so I'm personally guessing there'll be between 500-600 Pokemon in Galar, making it the largest regional variety to date. There's a good reason this time for the Dex to be so large, unlike Kalos, so I don't see why not.

Well gamefreak did state the starters would relate to the theme, the strongest, so maybe min maxing Scorbunny and Sobble was to make them the overall strongest starters of their typing.
Where does Grookey fit into this, though? It doesn't even have an emphasis on defense, just more well-rounded stats.

A random thought crossed my mind - Eldegoss may be the new Tangrowth, if the latter doesn't make the cut...and I'm fine with this.

By the way, the Kalos regional Pokedex has 457 Pokemon, and that's back when we were working with 718 total. This means we could have well over half of all Pokemon in the Galar regional Pokedex, so I'm personally guessing there'll be between 500-600 Pokemon in Galar, making it the largest regional variety to date. There's a good reason this time for the Dex to be so large, unlike Kalos, so I don't see why not.
The company are just simply picking out...

• The Popular Pokemon such as Garchomp, Gardevoir, Eevee, Noivern, Clefable, etc...
  • Pokemon that suite and work for Galar (UK)
  • To balance the Battle Mechanics of the game.

• The Popular Pokemon such as Garchomp, Gardevoir, Eevee, Noivern, Clefable, etc...

Unfortunately, wingull has to be in the mix for "fits Galar's UK theme". I swear I used to love that thing in gen 3, but for some reason I've garnered such a disdain for the entire evolutionary line. Hearing it and pelippers crys in Sun and Moon was so obnoxious and it became almost as annoying as zubat. I hope we do end up getting a new "gull" pokemon because I love seagulls but wingull has been shown off a bit too much in the past for my tastes.

And for the love of Arceus, hopefully Ditto and Smeargle. They've yet to be confirmed...

Ditto is usually in almost every game. GF maybe thinking of game balance but breeding is a different story, and they know about breeding methods. So I doubt they'll screw people with that. Smeargle is a tough one to guess

Ditto wasn't in RS, which is strange.

Also, what is Charizard doing in Galar?

Ditto is usually in almost every game. GF maybe thinking of game balance but breeding is a different story, and they know about breeding methods. So I doubt they'll screw people with that. Smeargle is a tough one to guess
I'm just not making any assumptions, so I'll be a little nervous until they're confirmed, even though they'll likely both make the cut.

It's well roundedness is what makes it great. Like Incineroar did.
Eh, I well-rounded doesn't make sense as much as exaggerated defenses would. That way you have a strong physical attacker, special attacker, and defender as "the strongest starters." It could honestly just be a hint at Dynamax.

Just a random thought I had:

They should just make megas new normal evolutions for the pokemon, or if the designs are way similar, make the mega replace the original pokemon. This doesnt work for all of them of course, but I think it would do wonders for some.

Like, Mega Ampharos should just completely replace the normal. The hair makes it better fit to be Flaaffy's evo, IMO.
Mega Pidgeot should just be normal Pidgeot. Why? Because Pidgeotto and Pidgeot look almost the exact same. This will give variance to Pidgey evo line.

Banette mega looks already serviceable to be a full banette evolution.
Same with Mega Pinsir.
=/ Eeeeeh... I gotta vote no, especially on Mega Pidgeot replacing Pidgeot. I really hate Mega Pidgeot's fat pirate design and would rather keep regular Pidgeot as is. And regarding Ampharos, I think you're missing the part where it's been gradually losing wool as it evolves and Mega Ampharos is quite a design jump from Flaaffy without the Mega boost explaining it.

I think Mega Banette and Mega Pinsir look too close to the regular forms to work as evolutions either. Same goes for most megas. They're really closer to alternate forms than being proper evolutions.

Probably "Good, they're actually going to clean up the game, and hopefully there won't be T-Posing Wingulls in the final product." I honestly don't think there'd be any backlash over the game being delayed. The people who have been rallying for the dex have not once ever said "And by the way, the game better come out this November, too!". Most people rallying want the game to be pushed back and polished so that it can be complete.
I'm pretty sure that most people rallying aren't voting that the game be pushed back... just that the rest of the dex be added in via updates. Delaying the game isn't even an option, really, because of all of the other branches of TPCi that are banking on it- merchandise, manga and anime. Also any potential spin-offs that might be in development for Gen 8.

No one should be asking for a delay on these games. The only "delay" people should be asking for is for the next game or generation to take more time than this one did.

Delaying the game isn't even an option, really, because of all of the other branches of TPCi that are banking on it- merchandise, manga and anime. Also any potential spin-offs that might be in development for Gen 8.

No one should be asking for a delay on these games. The only "delay" people should be asking for is for the next game or generation to take more time than this one did.
Yes, I don't think people realize how different delaying a Pokemon game is from delaying something like Animal Crossing, Metroid, or Bayonetta. The TCG is a really big factor to keep in mind too. The first Sword and Shield set will drop in December, as usual, with a new mechanic to shake up the TCG.

The thing about asking for a delay in the future is that GF has actually spent a lot of time on Sword and Shield. LGPE gave them extra time to work on some ambitious features for Sword and Shield. Just because they chose to exclude some Pokemon doesn't mean they need more time for future games. GF even said there was more weighing in on that decision than time and resources. They're thinking about the future too, as it only becomes more difficult to manage and balance a huge number of Pokemon. Unless there's also an issue with polish or a lack of content and interesting features, and Sword and Shield seem like they have both in spades (so far), I personally don't think the argument that future games need more time holds much water.

I just hope some Pokemon aren't passed up, but Binacle and Barbaracle end up in the dex. Least favorite Pokemon to date. Didn't like them when they were leaked, thought for sure they'd be fake, didn't like them upon release, didn't like their inclusion in USUM, still don't like them.

I say this often, that I love them all and wouldn't change a thing about any of them. But I honestly think these are two of the worst Pokemon ever created and I wouldn't mind if they had never been created. Like I'd be fine.

Eh, I well-rounded doesn't make sense as much as exaggerated defenses would. That way you have a strong physical attacker, special attacker, and defender as "the strongest starters." It could honestly just be a hint at Dynamax.
The problem with that is, Grass is by far not the best defensive typing, as seen by many other grass starters trying to be tanks. So maybe the best route is to make him a bulky all-rounder

Ditto wasn't in RS, which is strange.

Also, what is Charizard doing in Galar?
I guess he does fit the region due to the welsh dragon he's based off of.

The problem with that is, Grass is by far not the best defensive typing, as seen by many other grass starters trying to be tanks. So maybe the best route is to make him a bulky all-rounder
This doesn't particularly matter. Grass is honestly a fine defensive typing. Yes, it has five weaknesses, but it has solid resistances, and in general works better defensively than Fire, even though Fire has a whopping six resistances.

If GameFreak wanted to make Grookey more defensive, they definitely could've. The other reason that the type is strong defensively and there are a lot of bulky Grass-types is that they are associated with healing and status moves and have a lot of good ones, such as Giga Drain, Horn Leech, the powder moves, Leech Seed, and Strength Sap.

Yes, I don't think people realize how different delaying a Pokemon game is from delaying something like Animal Crossing, Metroid, or Bayonetta. The TCG is a really big factor to keep in mind too. The first Sword and Shield set will drop in December, as usual, with a new mechanic to shake up the TCG.

The thing about asking for a delay in the future is that GF has actually spent a lot of time on Sword and Shield. LGPE gave them extra time to work on some ambitious features for Sword and Shield. Just because they chose to exclude some Pokemon doesn't mean they need more time for future games. GF even said there was more weighing in on that decision than time and resources. They're thinking about the future too, as it only becomes more difficult to manage and balance a huge number of Pokemon. Unless there's also an issue with polish or a lack of content and interesting features, and Sword and Shield seem like they have both in spades (so far), I personally don't think the argument that future games need more time holds much water.
They hardly ever mess with stats and many pokemon still suffer from dismal learnsets (coughFlareon) so I'm not sure that there is much argument for "balancing pokemon." The animation argument, I could buy, but they have made no notable changes to any of the animations and the only visible change is just texture work, which couldn't take more than a year to finish updating.

So yeah, I think the next generation should be allowed a little more time if it means that animations and textures can be completed before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom