• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Eeveelutions for Sword and Shield?

I really want a new eeveelution, but part of me thinks they won’t release one this gen. I’d love to be wrong about that. The one good thing about removing megas and z moves is that the name of eevee’s z move can’t be used as a reason for why it’s not getting another evolution.

I wonder if we will only get one this time. I thought it was kinda odd that Sylveon was released by itself at the time. And if we get two, I hope gamefreak doesn't decide to version exclusive. They didn't in the past that I remember.

the beginning 3 flareon vaporeon jolteon - evo stones
2 gen two umbreon espeon - day/night + friendship
2 gen four galceon leafeon - train by icy/mossy boulder
1 gen six sylveon - train with fairy move

What do you think the method of evolution will be for the new one(s)?

I wonder if we will only get one this time. I thought it was kinda odd that Sylveon was released by itself at the time. And if we get two, I hope gamefreak doesn't decide to version exclusive. They didn't in the past that I remember.

the beginning 3 flareon vaporeon jolteon - evo stones
2 gen two umbreon espeon - day/night + friendship
2 gen four galceon leafeon - train by icy/mossy boulder
1 gen six sylveon - train with fairy move

What do you think the method of evolution will be for the new one(s)?
Trade while holding items ?

Trade while holding items ?
Doubtful.

GF always has them revolve in a way that shows off something of that gen.

Gen 1-evolutionary stones
Gen 2- Fay and night cycle
Gen 4-environmental factors
Gen 6-Affection and fairy type.

So they’ll probably depend on some new feature that gets introduced this gen. Maybe soemthong related to the wilds.

I've been thinking for a long while that the next Eeveelution will be Ground-type due to Lana obtaining an Eevee and nicknaming it "Sandy"(or Nagisa meaning "shore" in the Japanese version).

The anime has been known to tease things through the main characters before, and it'll probably be no different with revealing an Eeveelution. ...then again, it could just be promotion for Let's Go.

I've been thinking for a long while that the next Eeveelution will be Ground-type due to Lana obtaining an Eevee and nicknaming it "Sandy"(or Nagisa meaning "shore" in the Japanese version).

The anime has been known to tease things through the main characters before, and it'll probably be no different with revealing an Eeveelution. ...then again, it could just be promotion for Let's Go.
Doesnt pokemon go use nicknames for evolution?

I definitely think they will continue adding eeveelutions at least till all the types are filled out. After all, Eeveelutions are a money-making machine and it will continue to please the majority of the fans.

Unless Game Freak changes the mind. Since Game Freak did plan to purge some Pokémon from Sword/Shield, new Eeveelutions might be stopped.

But do we actually think we might get more than one.

We got 2 new Eeveelutions in Gen 2 and Gen 4, so my assumption is if we knew there were adding new ones, there would be two again.

But ha! What about Gen 6? Fairy was a new type and a lot of focus obviously on it, having a single Fairy type Eeveelution made sense.

Considering Eevee is at the high of its popularity right now, it seems perfectly fitting to release another evolution for it this Gen.

Agreed. Off the back of LGE it makes sense.

I thought it was kinda odd that Sylveon was released by itself at the time.
That's because it was only introduced to be a representative of the new Fairy typing. If Gen 7 hadn't introduced the type, there very likely wouldn't even be a new eeveeution then.

Patterns are okay, but they're not guaranteed and should only be taken with a grain of salt.

Taking it's sword and shield. That steel armored one that I saw makes e hope it gets a good ability like buffed Heatproof (67% damage reduction and rise of defense and sp. defense) or Bulletproof or something totally new?(Slashproof or Ramproof???)

we got in gen 6 fairy. Steel, dragon and poison would make big sense now. If not poison now then ghost and poison next gen.

Dragon and Steel fit totally in Sword and Shield.

I would like to see Pokémon like Oricorio, Rotom, Castform, Wormadam, Meowstic, or Cherrim evolve. It would be interesting to see cross-gen evolutions that also get multiple forms (I don’t think we’ve had that yet if you don’t count gender-differences and Megas).

EDIT: I...may have misread the title of this thread. Whoops. Hoping for a Ghost-type Eeveelution.

I would like to see Pokémon like Oricorio, Rotom, Castform, Wormadam, Meowstic, or Cherrim evolve. It would be interesting to see cross-gen evolutions that also get multiple forms (I don’t think we’ve had that yet if you don’t count gender-differences and Megas).

Lmao might have segued there, but I totally second your opinion. Would have loved if those got their own evos/forms too based on the regions since they seem so environment-based as well. I think that would've allowed GF to play with some types and whatnot before committing with it to Eevee.

Anyways, for Galar, I hope we get a Steel-Type Eevee. Seems to fit with the whole London theme oh-so-very-well in my opinion. I know the names Steeleon and Titaneon are being thrown around a lot, so maybe there's some hope!

Although would I say no to a Ghost Type doe? Make it happen pls GF

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom