• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Why is there no information about the Pokemon Spaceworld Demo leak?

Poneto

Previously Obstagoon
Reaction score
This is legitimately the biggest Pokemon news story of the year, and there is so much information about GS contained within.

I understand everyone was initially cautious, but its been 6 months now, and no one has debunked it. The demo is, as far as everyone can tell, real. Am I missing something?

This is legitimately the biggest Pokemon news story of the year, and there is so much information about GS contained within.

I understand everyone was initially cautious, but its been 6 months now, and no one has debunked it. The demo is, as far as everyone can tell, real. Am I missing something?
That's something I have been wondering, too. Specially considering that both the German and Spanish wikis already have all the info there.

cough cough Just like how my trivia about beta New Bark Town got removed cough cough

Not only that, there are lots of evidence in its favor, even the guide that sketched the betamon said it was the real deal, and someone comfirmed that it is not a romhack.

There is probably no convincing the higher ups. The smart thing to do would be to treat Spaceworld as an event that spawned a ROM leak that may or may not be real (but almost certainly is).

It seems like the staff are waiting for a Game Freak employee who actually worked on Gold/Silver to confirm the beta leak's authenticity before they make an official page on it, but since Game Freak almost never speaks out about leaks and things like that, there's never going to be enough proof to convince the staff that the leak was real. It's like a paradox.

It seems like the staff are waiting for a Game Freak employee who actually worked on Gold/Silver to confirm the beta leak's authenticity before they make an official page on it, but since Game Freak almost never speaks out about leaks and things like that, there's never going to be enough proof to convince the staff that the leak was real. It's like a paradox.
Doesn't help that they dismiss the claims of the only witness we know of. You know, the guy that actually took a picture of Honoguma and made the sketches that are used in the beta Pokémon page.

Doesn't help that they dismiss the claims of the only witness we know of. You know, the guy that actually took a picture of Honoguma and made the sketches that are used in the beta Pokémon page.

How has this not been approved after more than a year. What a farce.

Don't want to be devil's advocate here, but there is a fair point to be hesitant. Hacking roms is pretty easy to do and with enough time, patience, and effort, anyone could make a hack and pass it off as an early demo.

But then again, Bulbpedia does in fact have an article dedicated to Rom Hacks. So who knows.

Don't want to be devil's advocate here, but there is a fair point to be hesitant. Hacking roms is pretty easy to do and with enough time, patience, and effort, anyone could make a hack and pass it off as an early demo.

But then again, Bulbpedia does in fact have an article dedicated to Rom Hacks. So who knows.
The thing is: the ones that discovered it are fantranslators and beta researchers, so I doubt they would not have noticed that.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom