• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

About how long-running would a fandom thing have to be before it warrants a Project Fandom page on the wiki? Using the Fizzy Bubbles page as a reference, it couldn't have been around for more than six years when it got its page, so based on that metric alone, a page for We Are All Pokemon Trainers (similarly a play-by-post RP, but on the TVTropes forums) would be valid, seeing as it's been around for almost 8 years, over a third of the franchise's lifespan. However, I also recognize that there was probably some bias in making Fizzy Bubbles a page, since it was (1) a Bulbagarden forum RP, and (2) added when Bulbapedia was significantly less heavily moderated, and thus may have been grandfather-claused in.

Thoughts?

I noticed that for some route and city wiki pages the items for different games seemed to be grouped separately, like a Pikachu/Eevee item, then a FRLG item, then a RBY item, then a GSC item, making it hard to follow in order which items you should be looking for if you're following along for just one game. Wouldn't it be easier to rearrange the items based on game, and then the order they are found in that particular game? Take Route 4's itemlist for example, the order of the games goes PE FRLG PE PE RBY FRLG PE FRLG RBY FRLG GSC HGSS HGSS GSC/HGSS. This was kind of annoying to follow once I got to Route 4 in Let's Go Pikachu because when I was reading the list, I had to skip FRLG & RBY items in the list for the ones in Let's Go Pikachu. Is this ordering intentional or can I change it, because it seems that an order like RBY RBY FRLG FRLG FRLG FRLG GSC HGSS HGSS GSC/HGSS PE PE PE PE is easier to follow.

I know that this is more than a month since the last post here, but I wrote a news article about the upcoming Twin Miracle and Detective Pikachu sets for the TCG. When is the article going to be out of draft form?

So I looked at the requirements to upload images for Bulbagarden Archives, and I do not know how to help out on the To-Do List in order to get my account auto-confirmed. It's not exactly clear as to what needs to be or how I, someone rarely edits on Bulbapedia, could do anything.

I have noticed that the wiki, just like this forum requires all accounts to have a valid email address specified, which seems like a good thing if a login is required to edit.

Anyway, how about unifying logins between the forums and the wiki. All this would need, as far as I know, is an interface to bridge the two sites.

Anyway, how about unifying logins between the forums and the wiki. All this would need, as far as I know, is an interface to bridge the two sites.
Unifying the logins would be a quite challenging from a technical point of view, however we may be able to look into it. However due to our recent forum update and us still working out some of the smaller issues regarding the update this won't be for another few months.

Just an idea I'm throwing out. In the cross-canon references page, could the Red/Blue/Green starters in LGPE, as well as Green's appearance+personality, be considered a reference to Pokemon Adventures? There does not seem to be any (accepted) game-to-manga references so far.

Just an idea I'm throwing out. In the cross-canon references page, could the Red/Blue/Green starters in LGPE, as well as Green's appearance+personality, be considered a reference to Pokemon Adventures? There does not seem to be any (accepted) game-to-manga references so far.
Adventures used the old Sugimori artwork as an inspiration for Green's design and the starter distribution. So that one definitely doesn't count as a game to manga reference.

Neither Green's personality (they're eccentric in different ways) nor her team is a carbon copy of the manga counterpart's. The influence is ambiguous.

I was curious why doesn’t pokemon like Gladion Lycanroc And Umbreon have their own pages they appearance multi times

Also Pokémon Ash Like Infernape shouldn’t it be noted to be his most powerful Pokémon even Paul had noted that it can his strongest fire Pokémon in Paul team

You know this not about Ash
Bewear I’m surprised she wasn’t looking for her baby could it be possible that Stuffle was the age to leave her baby to start her/him own life or separated I was quite surprised

I’m just assuming

Staff title change idea
Change the mod titles to say "Bulbaguard." They would be the protectors of Bulbagarden, thus they would be the Bulbaguard. They can even have a standard of a Bulbasaur in knight armor.

I was looking at the home video releases and with the exception of the region 2 section I cant help but notice that there are not as many Blu-ray movies as single releases is there a reason?

Galar Region Etymology Suggestion

I was on the Galar page and saw that the etymology section is empty. I wanted to note that Gal may come from the lead ore Galena, which was mined extensively in Great Britain when the Romans first conquered there and is the most significant source of lead today.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this kind of suggestion.

Edit: Considering that in the release trailer for Pokemon Sword and Shield there was a mine, and the industrialization design of the region, it seems like a plausible connection.

I was wondering are the listed catch rates for all games or the most recent generation? If it's the most recent only, then can we get some catch rates for all gens?

Catch rates usually aren't changed. If there was a change, then you just mouse over the asterisk next to the Pokemon here, and it tells you old rates.

I was told to come here for ideas as Gladion Pokémon lycanrock and unberon why haven’t they get their own pages of personality and characteristics they been in many episodes I believe they shown a lot

Back
Top Bottom