• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Classic Sonic Mafia (15p) - Eggcellent Sunshine! Mafia and Serial Killer Victory!

I didn't know until last day either. I never even thought about it until it occurred to me there was a scenario with tied votes where we'd end up in that position.

Rainbow Cloud, thank you for hosting this game. That was an ending to remember.
Yeah, everything turned on it's head in the final minutes of the phase, I was expecting Jinjo to be lynched and the game to go on till Day 6 with you, Snake and Contrainer in the last 3 :D

Pretty much expected Zinn to be killed on Night 5 whether it was you or Jinjo that survived.

Wait why did you guys lynch me

I picked a name at random of the two people I knew were not Vengeful or one of my allies and you ended up the unlucky person. Everyone else went with it, as far as I can tell.

Basically, you got lynched because of bad luck.

There were two kills on Nights 1 and 3. And we've had someone not swapped out or modkilled despite appearing inactive. It was pretty obvious what was going on.

Why not the person who has appeared inactive this entire time, yet still is not modkilled or swapped out? That typically is a sign of a hiding Mafioso.
Unvote: Jinjo

Perhaps Contrainer then?
Not sure if you noticed but
  1. I subbed in for Julio
  2. I was mechanically conftown

Here are the logs for the votes during the day phases and actions during the night phases :)

Day 1 Votes

Max1996 - 1 (Officer Snake)
ZinnLav - 1 (DekuNut)
DekuNut - 1 (juliorain)
Contrainer - 3 (TheCapsFan, Megapod, ExLight)
Kyriaki - 1 (Contrainer)
Lone_Garurumon - 2 (Jinjo, FinalArcadia)
Ereshkigal - 1 (Kyriaki)
Not Voting - 5 (AussieEevee, ZinLav, Max1996, Lone_Garurumon, Ereshkigal)

Day 2 Votes

ZinnLav - 1 (ExLight)
DekuNut - 3 (FinalArcadia, Lone_Garurumon, ZinnLav)
Not Voting - 8 (DekuNut, MegaPod, Ereshkigal, juliorain, Jinjo, Kyriaki, Officer Snake, AussieEevee)

Day 3 Votes

Ereshkigal - 2 (Lone_Garurumon, Jinjo)
Kyriaki - 2 (AussieEevee, Officer Snake)
AussieEevee - 4 (ExLight, ZinnLav, Ereshkigal, Kyriaki)
Not Voting - 2 (MegaPod, juliorain)

Day 4 Votes

Lone_Garurumon - 4 (ZinnLav, Kyriaki, Ereshkigal, Officer Snake)
Ereshkigal - 1 (Jinjo)
Not Voting - 2 (juliorain, Lone_Garurumon)

Day 5 Votes

Jinjo - 2 (Contrainer, ZinnLav)
Contrainer - 3 (Ereshkigal, Officer Snake, Jinjo)
Not Voting - 0

Night 1

MegaPod protects MegaPod - Successful
Lone_Garurumon Roleblocks ExLight - Successful
Lone_Garurumon Kills TheCapsFan - Successful
Ereshkigal SK Kills Max1996 - Successful
Jinjo Rolecops FinalArcadia - Randomly Redirected to Officer Snake - Officer Snake is Vengeful
Kyriaki Watches Lone_Garurumon - Sees ZinnLav
ZinnLav Cop Checks Lone_Garurumon - Gets Town Result
AussieEevee Wildcards Max1996 -> Vigilante -> Successful

Night 2

Lone_Garurumon Roleblocks MegaPod - Unsuccessful
Lone_Garurumon Kills MegaPod - Unsuccessful
Juliorain Spin Dashes (Vig Kills) FinalArcadia - Successful
Jinjo Rolecops ZinnLav - ZinnLav is Cop
Kyriaki Watches MegaPod - Unsuccessful
ZinnLav Cop Checks ExLight - Gets Town Result
ExLight Air Lifts (Jails) MegaPod - Successful

Night 3

MegaPod Protects ZinnLav - Successful
Lone_Garurumon Roleblocks ZinnLav - Successful
Lone_Garurumon Kills ExLight - Successful
Ereshkigal SK Kills MegaPod - Successful
Jinjo Rolecops Ereshkigal - Ereshkigal is the 1x Bulletproof Ninja Odd Night Serial Killer
Kyriaki Watches ExLight - Sees Lone_Garurumon
ZinnLav Cop Checks Jinjo - Unsuccessful

Night 4

Jinjo Rolestops Jinjo - Successful
Jinjo Kills Kyriaki - Successful
Kyriaki Watches ZinnLav - Unsuccessful (Is Killed)
ZinnLav Cop Checks Jinjo - Unsuccessful

Last edited:
...hmmmmmmmmm. Generally SK cannot win with other factions. That’s kinda the point of the SK and where it differs from something like a Survivor.

Furthermore, with a Vengeful still in the game, while Town did not have a means of winning, outside of extreme luck, the Vengeful player would have needed to be eliminated for SK or Mafia to win.
To clarify, parity alone is not a good means to determining if a faction is victorious. Say the only two players remaining are Town Doc and a Mafia goon. Despite reaching parity, the Mafia can’t win, because Doc self protects. The game is a stalemate.

Throwing the SK into the mix, SK’s goal is to be the last one standing. Again, that’s how SK differs from Survivor.
So here we had 2:1:1 after Contrainer’s lynch going into the night.
Assuming neither Mafia nor SK targeted the Vengeful, then the game goes to 1:1:1 the following day, or one of Mafia/SK tried to betray the other and the game is either 1:1:0, 1:0:1, or 2:0:0.
If 1:1:1; the Vengeful townie becomes Kingmaker between Mafia and SK.
If 1:1:0, Mafia and Town tie, since Mafia cannot kill Vengeful without dying.
If 1:0:1, Town and SK tie, since SK cannot kill Vengeful without dying.
If 2:0:0, Town wins.

Sorry, RC. You ended the game too early. Any faction could have still achieved victory.

Throwing the SK into the mix, SK’s goal is to be the last one standing. Again, that’s how SK differs from Survivor.
So here we had 2:1:1 after Contrainer’s lynch going into the night.
Assuming neither Mafia nor SK targeted the Vengeful, then the game goes to 1:1:1 the following day, or one of Mafia/SK tried to betray the other and the game is either 1:1:0, 1:0:1, or 2:0:0.
If 1:1:1; the Vengeful townie becomes Kingmaker between Mafia and SK.
If 1:1:0, Mafia and Town tie, since Mafia cannot kill Vengeful without dying.
If 1:0:1, Town and SK tie, since SK cannot kill Vengeful without dying.
If 2:0:0, Town wins.

I was still bulletproof, and what evidence I had from the multiple failed attempts at reading Jinjo's alignment was that Jinjo could make herself effectively immune to night actions repeatedly.

So, Jinjo couldn't have killed me in the night phase and as far as I knew I couldn't kill Jinjo. Betrayal would have been a waste of time for both of us, and there was no reason not to eliminate the Vengeful at night.

I was still bulletproof, and what evidence I had from the multiple failed attempts at reading Jinjo's alignment was that Jinjo could make herself effectively immune to night actions repeatedly.

So, Jinjo couldn't have killed me in the night phase and as far as I knew I couldn't kill Jinjo. Betrayal would have been a waste of time for both of us, and there was no reason not to eliminate the Vengeful at night.
Killing the Vengeful would have eliminated one or other other of you, bypassing your BPV and whatever ability Jinjo had.
So, even if it came down to 0:1:1, whichever of you that Snake stung would lose.
If neither of you killed Snake, then 1:1:1 still makes Snake the Kingmaker, which means one or the other of you would have tied with Town.
If you two decided to try to lynch Snake, Town would have lost, but so would one of you.

BPV is useless against Vengeful, and there are still ways the game could have potentially played out in Town’s favor. If both of you assumed that the other was going to attack the non-Vengeful townie and you tried to eliminate the other, your BPV would be gone, and Jinjo would have been dead. Game ends in a 2:0:0 victory for Town when you get lynched the following day.

Yeah that's not quite right as far as game ending goes.

As far as I'm concerned, Town won this game. You had us pegged from pretty much the second the massclaim happened D2, and Zinn at the very least had already nailed down Eresh as the last threatening player. Good game, guys, you played well, but weird win-cons got you in the end. Because the way the win-cons were worded did allow for this to happen, but they were very unusual and non-standard in their wording.

Back
Top Bottom