• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Masters Promo Short

Absolutely loved how it felt like a SSBU for Pokémon. Literally crossover across Generations. Like, not gonna lie, it felt so unionizing and I am so excited to see the group dynamic!

Also, Triple Battles are relevant now. And Z-Moves, well, "Sync-Moves"

What's next? Synchro Pokémon? Hope they have a Tuner

I guess they made the artstyle and animation crap so that people wouldn't ask for a Pokemon Masters anime like they did with the BW2 animated trailer

Because hoo boy is it ugly

They miscolored the Lass's skirt in one shot. The close-up of Erika handing out her badge shows the Lass's arms holding Whimsicott, but what should be her skirt is colored as if it were part of Erika's kimono.

Not really a massive flaw and it doesn't undermine how nice the rest of it looks, but it's worth mentioning in the eventual Bulbapedia article.

I love how the protagonists never spoke. We love consistency. :p

And Cynthia was the only Champion with dialog when she already has more screentime than the rest put together...

Protagonists looks like Dawn and Sun.

I guess they made the artstyle and animation crap so that people wouldn't ask for a Pokemon Masters anime like they did with the BW2 animated trailer

Because hoo boy is it ugly

We must be seeing different things. I've seen better, but it's still really good animation.
Certainly better than how SM makes the characters into colorful blobs part of the time...

And Cynthia was the only Champion with dialog when she already has more screentime than the rest put together...

We must be seeing different things. I've seen better, but it's still really good animation.
Certainly better than how SM makes the characters into colorful blobs part of the time...

The art's ugly mainly because of the excessive shading
The animation isn't the worst, but still pretty bad

It makes me very happy to see animated trailers make a return. They should have taken notes from the B2W2 short about good pacing and increasing the stakes little by little until the end though. But it does sell the idea that game characters can be good friends and enemies too. I loved the Lusamine shot.

I'm surprised to see complaints about the artstyle as it's very Iwane-ish and some of the battle animation is sweet as. Sure it's not the best ever animated produce of the franchise but we've certainly had much worse...

Interesting as a what if-fanservice short but really nothing more than that. In the end it's just a loose collection of meaningless scenes (since there's no actual anime of it) made specifically to sell a product. I know that's what people say about the actual anime too (I won't deny that's true to a degree), but it's still an actual show and its own thing.

A cool idea would be if the game has cutscenes like this, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have a really hard time imagining the actual anime will do anything based on the game. At best some surprise cameo(s) in Galar to promote the game (since Pokémon Ranger got some of that in the past) but even that seems unlikely to me. Even more so because SwSh is expected to start late 2019 and this game is released somewhere this summer.

At best some surprise cameo(s) in Galar to promote the game (since Pokémon Ranger got some of that in the past) but even that seems unlikely to me. Even more so because SwSh is expected to start late 2019 and this game is released somewhere this summer.

I don't know...some unfamiliar characters appeared who may be in SwSh for all we know :unsure:

They miscolored the Lass's skirt in one shot. The close-up of Erika handing out her badge shows the Lass's arms holding Whimsicott, but what should be her skirt is colored as if it were part of Erika's kimono.

Not really a massive flaw and it doesn't undermine how nice the rest of it looks, but it's worth mentioning in the eventual Bulbapedia article.

And speaking of which (to help people keep track who's who and what's what) :
Pokémon Masters Trailer - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

This short had like a thousand character cameos and still no sign of Zinnia...

To add insult to injury, a Lass and a Beauty appeared. They really couldn't have grouped Erika with some better characters? :confused_emoji:

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom