• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Flygon is the japanese "Spirit" (mystic )pokemon and Vibrava is the "vibration"pokemon?

I would give it shadow sneak, phantom force, shadowball and ghost type moves
It’s not an actual spirit, it’s a title given to it because it vanishes in sandstorms and makes haunting sounds. It’s more like folklore.

The source of the sound evidently matters for the move.
Have you ever heard a bug’s wings making ringing and clanging sounds?

Its pokemon. Give other pokemon also something like that bug Kricketune line. Also if it can create one sound with wings why cant wings imitate it? Flygon looks like it could do it... Also oher pokemon that have real scales or metalic feathers should get clanging scales... Milotic, Corviknight and some others.

___
Out of subject: should Kricketune line get secondary ability Soundproof before gen 4 remake?

Last edited:
The most classic example is Doduo's and Dodrio's ability to learn Fly, even though they don't have wings, nor can spin their heads like an helicopter as some may suggest. :loopy:

If you know other cases of moves a pokemon is able to learn but shouldn't be, post it here. ;-)
The opposite also applies, if you think there is a move a Pokemon could be able to use, but doesn't in games.
Bounce. Like fly but not it.

There are many replies, so I am not sure if somebody has mentioned these already, but Alakazam and Aron are capable of learning Iron Tail. They don't have tails to perform that move. Alakazam's tail retracted into its body when it evolved, and Aron hasn't grown one yet. Like, what gives?
In the case of Alakazam, the game programming is the problem. I mean, I wouldn't like it if for some reason a move that I taught my Pokémon suddenly disappeared.

Decidueye what other moves should it theoretically should learn?
Currently learns grass, ghost, fihting, flying, normal, dark, psychic , poison, rock, steel, fire, bug type moves but is it really enough?
Should it get better moves for some types that it has really weak ones or from other types?

If it learns Sunny day, then Raindance should be a option for a grass type too. As a night owl, ghost Moonlight for recovery would be good.
Drain Punch. Weird that it didnt get any dragon move. Even it's options when it comes to water, bug and poison moves are very weak.
Though that our Archer should get something more. Zen headbutt? (how does it look in comparance to all other grass, water and fire starters)

Decidueye what other moves should it theoretically should learn?
Currently learns grass, ghost, fihting, flying, normal, dark, psychic , poison, rock, steel, fire, bug type moves but is it really enough?
Should it get better moves for some types that it has really weak ones or from other types?

If it learns Sunny day, then Raindance should be a option for a grass type too. As a night owl, ghost Moonlight for recovery would be good.
Drain Punch. Weird that it didnt get any dragon move. Even it's options when it comes to water, bug and poison moves are very weak.
Though that our Archer should get something more. Zen headbutt? (how does it look in comparance to all other grass, water and fire starters)
It has no hands to punch, no proeminent head, and I can’t think of any dragon move that would suit it.

It has no hands to punch, no proeminent head, and I can’t think of any dragon move that would suit it.
Double chop with legs.
What about leech life, poison jab, dream eater, hipnosis? No hand? You know how arrow move works?hands? We have a bird pokemon with no hands that learns Drain Punch. Remember flying/fighting?
At leas give some move proposals.

We have a bird pokemon with no hands that learns Drain Punch.
...What are you talking about? The only Pokemon with hands that learns it is Shroomish, and that's because its evolution does.

At leas give some move proposals.
The thread's about moves that Pokemon should or shouldn't be able to learn. They're not breaking any rules by saying they think Decidueye shouldn't get those moves.

It can shoot a arrow that means it has hands to pull it off.

Not seeing any hands here. Seems more likely that it's using its feathers as fingers.

...What are you talking about? The only Pokemon with hands that learns it is Shroomish, and that's because its evolution does.

The thread's about moves that Pokemon should or shouldn't be able to learn. They're not breaking any rules by saying they think Decidueye shouldn't get those moves.
But they could think self about what moves coul
View attachment 120347
Not seeing any hands here. Seems more likely that it's using its feathers as fingers.
Still can see it make a fist.

Back
Top Bottom