• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon: The Final Stretch

although I was frustrated by Ash not remember Magearna
Well, at least he didn't say "who's that pokémon." I'll accept it as he remember meeting it but don't want to reveal it to strangers.
Piplup is a special case. Dawn must've left a very good impression on Ash unlike Serena and it's my canonical thought.

It's an overdone meme from Twitch Plays Pokemon.

Anyway, to get back on topic, after Ash hopefully wins the league (his chances are looking huge now), we'll see the closure of the Mohn arc, likely graduation, and hopefully some last hurrah fun with the classmates before heading off to Galar. I'm going to miss Sun and Moon so much! ;~;

Part of me hopes that one of the classmates will join Ash in Galar but that's unlikely. Also hopefully we get a proper Pallet Town episode this time around, along with a new group shot of all of Ash's Pokemon to date.

I can see Guzma winning somehow. Aren't Guzma and Kukui long time rivals? Seeing a battle between the two would be nice. Guzma winning could also set up some kind of Team Skull [post-league] arc.

Tbh, I feel like there's a good chance that he won't even learn about Galar until the first episode of ShSw.
A canon-proof idea could be Delia being proud over Ash's role at the Alola school, so she's decided to sign Ash up for another Pokemon School (without mentioning the located region), which fans will obviously know is located in Galar.

$500 to charity if he actually wins.
I will remember that...
A canon-proof idea could be Delia being proud over Ash's role at the Alola school, so she's decided to sign Ash up for another Pokemon School (without mentioning the located region), which fans will obviously know is located in Galar.
Galar is all about camping and travelling. I can't see him in a school there.

No... Please, no! Just, no! No more schools!

There are many Kanto and Johto Pokémon that can't be found in Hoenn, but that didn't stop the writers from featuring those unobtainable Pokémon in the Advanced Series, even before FRLG came out. If anything SwSh's situation is much more similar to that of AG rather than BW. It's very unlikely that it will be like BW again.
I don't expect them to call attention to Dexit because it is not as if other regions have featured all Pokemon, either. That said, both XYZ and SM were pretty faithful to the respective regional Pokedexes. The only exceptions that come to mind are Pokemon belonging to characters from other regions and random legendaries/mythicals. And that Piplup cameo in early XY and then Luxray, because apparently they're some of the staff's favorites.

True. The only reason why I only brought up RSE is because it's the closest thing to SwSh, although I didn't know that the anime takes into account regional dexes since XY to a certain extent as I haven't been playing Pokémon since BW.

In RSE, it was impossible to obtain certain Kanto/Johto Pokémon (legally at least) until FRLG were released due to the hard border between GB(C) and GBA. In SwSh, unless GF give in to some hotheaded fans' complaints, certain Pokémon will not 'exist' as they (probably) won't be coded. Outside these two generations, all Pokémon could be obtained after completing the story right off the bat (you had to wait for new-gen mythicals though).

Last edited:
No... Please, no! Just, no! No more schools!

Hell, they barely even did anything with it in SM.

It was (a lot) less about education and more about bringing up plot devices...

Though really, who wants to watch Ash-tachii doing school work anyway? :confused_emoji: Arcues knows the kids this show is made for don't, and certainly PokeFans don't care.
This is Pocket Monsters, not an edutainment show! There are rules! (even if they change from year to yearo_O)

Okay, first...did he really win? At a canonical place instead of something like the non-game Orange Islands?

The Alola League was as canon as any other League based on a major in-game region. Nobody expects you to give $500 to charity although you can PayPal me the money instead teehee, but Ash has now officially won a major League regardless of how awful I personally felt this tournament was in the long run.

The Alola League was as canon as any other League based on a major in-game region. Nobody expects you to give $500 to charity although you can PayPal me the money instead teehee, but Ash has now officially won a major League regardless of how awful I personally felt this tournament was in the long run.
Don't worry, I'm going to donate to the "Lord-Arceus for Tots Scholarship Fund", an organization dedicated to people with the username Lord-Arceus on the Bulbagarden Forums.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom