• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

~Bulbagarden Community Question of the Week~ Final Question - What was your favourite previous question from this thread and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
red pandas

N9Rue9D.png

Wolves come a very close second!

The ones that come to mind are comet moths, whale sharks, and manta rays. I don't really have much of an explanation as to why, I just think they're cool :p

If I had to pick one I'd go with dogs, because anyone that knows me also knows I love dogs lol. I grew up with them, so I've always found it easy to connect with them.

I do like all animals though. I especially love fuzzy animals, like red pandas, tigers, wolves etc. I also love reptiles and amphibians. Aside those groups of animals I really like killer whales and owls of all things lol.

Cats! I've never met a cat I didn't like, and every one of them is cute. No exceptions. I have a much easier time connecting to cats than to people or any other animal, I just love them. The way they're so graceful, clean, quiet, smart, loving... just perfect little things that I want to protect.

Id love to be a Veterinary Assistant and I dont seem to be close to acheiving it at all.

I volunteered for about 6 yrs at an animal shelter, so have experience caring for animals and handling them, however this experience hasnt gotten me anywhere when applying for Vet assistant positions which mostly say they want experience, but it seems pretty hard to get your foot in the door in this profession, so Im not sure what they want and Im not sure how to go about getting a job doing this or if I even can.

Last edited:
My dream job....is to figure out what I am even meant to do in life.

I live on welfare, and the only thing I have going for me in life is a volunteer seasonal job. And although I am certainly grateful for the job and I enjoy doing it, it honestly feels like I'm not doing enough for society. Because I'm not actually out there working for a paycheck. It feels like I'm inadequate even though people tell me otherwise.

People say that life is a journey, but I hate that. I would rather just be told what I am fated to do in life because I honestly don't know what I want to do with myself. I'm 26 years old and I still don't know. I've never known.

oh god. I've been through so many in my life. Lesse...

So when I was like five I got it into my head that I needed to be a lawyer when I grew up. I dunno where I got this "I have to be a doctor/lawyer" idea from but that's pretty stereotypical for families like mine that pressure their kids to "be successful" (cause apparently you can't be successful if you're not a doctor or lawyer, right??). But yeah, being a lawyer was my "dream" job for several years as a kid. Then from like age 10 - 15 or so I didn't really think about what I wanted to do. Had other things on my mind I suppose.

Soon after that I was diagnosed with "bipolar disorder." That's not what I actually have but it did get me interested in psychology, admittedly for the selfish reason of wanting to fix myself. However, in high school I was majoring in computer science (yeah, my high school was weird in that, if you wanted to, you could pick a major, but it wasn't required), so when I eventually went off to college that's what my major was. However, maybe a year after starting college I switched to psychology as a major and got an AA (Associates in Arts, a two-year degree) in that and then transferred to a four-year university. Somewhere along the way I decided I wanted to research viruses and somehow got it into my head that the only way to do this was to go to medical school (yes, I'm dumb). We have this programme at my uni called the post-baccalaureate pre-medical career-changer's programme, which is for people who already got a bachelor's degree in something but then decided they wanted to go to medical school, so the pre-med advisor took me on and told me to apply for that programme after my bachelor's.

Got my BA (Bachelor of Arts) in psychology, got into the programme, and started taking the pre-med classes. Somewhere along the way my idiot brain realised that, if I want to study viruses, I need to study microbiology, not go to medical school (plus, my GPA is shit so I was never gonna get into any medical school). So I switched out of the pre-med programme and into the microbiology major, and I am about to start my last year of my second bachelor's (a Bachelor of Science in microbiology).

So yeah, my current and final dream job is to be a microbiologist. We're still deciding if my GPA is OK enough to apply for grad school in the fall or if I should work in a lab for awhile first, so "how close are you" is a bit of a complicated question. I currently do work in a microbiology lab and have been for the last 2.5 years but I don't receive a paycheck because this field requires 2-5 years of lab experience to get a paying job. So I'm technically already working my dream job? But again, I don't get paid, and there are more opportunities for someone in my field if they have a Ph D so I still have a ways to go before I'm truly living the dream.

Here you go, have a wall of text, you're welcome

My dream job was a scientist too, but I've realized that academia wasn't for me in the hard way. Grad school, was miserable for me. I respect that you've survived that much, wow.
So I've become a normal employee working at a company, which I'm pretty happy with for now. While it's technically not a "job", my dream would be saving up and "escaping" to a peaceful life at a farm without having to rely on overtime work to bring something on my table. But that's a very far dream.

I would like to do something in musicology (music history). That most likely means becoming a professor, but I also think it would be neat to teach other musical things, like Woodwind Methods. Woodwind Methods at the university I went for my Bachelor's degree included teaching the history of the instruments which is just up my alley! (I mean, my username here is an ancient wind instrument, so...)

I'm closer than I thought I would ever be thanks to being inspired to return to college a few years ago. Unfortunately, musicology is not available everywhere. It's been thrown around a lot with my family that we'll head off to the NE (US) and I'll go there for grad school. I don't know how realistic that is. Nevertheless, right now I'm fulfilling requirements I couldn't get out of the way while getting my Bachelor's (thanks to limited class offerings) by taking foreign languages that I'll need for the degree (I'm going toward French and German). I'm only in French II (more bad luck, the Spring semester French II class got cancelled, which delayed everything again!), so, lets just say there is some time to go. sigh

My jobs aren't "dream jobs" but I'm content with them.

What I REALLY want to do is work for either Game Freak (because Pokemon), or maybe Hi-Rez Studios (because SMITE).

Unfortunately I'm not even close to being a video game programmer or whatever.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a vet. Then I had a time where I wanted to become an archaeologist. After that (when I was around I guess 13) I was set on becoming an olympic level athlete (in showjumping that is). Wasn’t very realistic but I did do showjumping up until I was 17 and had to quit due to being too busy.

For a long time now I’ve wanted to be an animator but lately I’ve also started looking into studying illustration, so guess I’ll see. I did major in art in high school/gymnasium.

As a kid, my dream job went from "author" to "animating for Disney" to "President of the United States" to "paleontologist" to "zookeeper" to "comedian".

I was complicated...

My own dream job? I don't really have one, but I'm passionate about helping others in anyway I can, so I recently completed a Certificate III in Community Services to get the skills I need to hopefully get a job in the sector. I've been volunteering all around town doing different things, mostly helping promote young people and mental health. It's something I love doing, but it is only volunteer work and I'm hoping to get a paid job eventually, since you can't get by on volunteering even if you're good at it.

As a kid, my dream job went from "author" to "animating for Disney" to "President of the United States" to "paleontologist" to "zookeeper" to "comedian".

I was complicated...
What about these days? Still want to be a comedian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom