• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Reaction score
I keep losing access to this list due to threads getting locked so I'll just give it its own thread now.

Important Note: This list contains some dates suggested by potential leaks. These dates have been marked accordingly, but please be aware that comments on this thread may contain spoilers so do not read past the first post if you wish to avoid them.

February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
* Pokemon were revealed during these events in 2016.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Thanks for the update. I think that we don't get anything from Corocoro and nothing new in the Japan Expo if we get something at the World Fair (Or the other way around, we get nothing new at the World Fair if we get something new at the Japan Expo).

When we will get next news in your opinion? S/M had a trailer on June 30/July 1, but Merrick says they didn't cornfirm that something new will be released at the World Hobby Fair Summer '19.
By the way...corocoro was just unuseful in the last 4 months. Will it take its place back in the marketing campaign or did they just abandon it? Probably the movie will have nothing interesting either, considering it's just a straight remake...

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1143438961588756481

We only have 12 pokemon revealed and we still don't know the bug type and the regional bird of the first route. We are also missing the types and abilities of the legends....All this stuff was usually revealed between May and June.

We only have 12 pokemon revealed and we still don't know the bug type and the regional bird of the first route. We are also missing the types and abilities of the legends....All this stuff was usually revealed between May and June.
Is it possible that they decided to not create the standard regional birds and regional bugs in favor of reusing older ones? I know chances are slim for that to be the case, but they've been doing a lot of unprecedented things for SwSh thus far (fr better and worse).

Also, I'm wondering when we'll be shown the Pikaclone. When was Togedemaru revealed again?

Okay, since I'm not at work now, I just went to check how CoroCoro was for the Sun and Moon news cycle to compare-

February: Magearna revealed. (Movie-related)
March: Volcanion distribution. (Movie-related)
April: Magearna is Steel/Fairy-type. (Movie-related) Also that stupid blank box art teaser.
May: Images from the movie. (surprise, it's Movie-related)
June: Komala and Rockruff revealed.
July: Bewear and Mimikyu revealed.
August: A bunch of pokemon revealed.

So if SwSh's CoroCoro reveals are anything like SuMo's, we're about at that point where the magazine actually becomes relevant for new info.

Edit: Also updated the list in the first post to extend to November but uh... yeah, I don't know any notable events for the rest of those months besides CoroCoro. Did mark some of the upcoming events that we got pokemon reveals at in the past, though.

Last edited:
Are we thinking that we might get some news today?
Nah, we're more likely to see something in a few more days at Japan Expo. It's pretty reliably had something for the past two gens- we got Honedge revealed there for Gen 6 and Salandit was revealed for Gen 7.

Also much to my annoyance, the twitter has skipped a fact day again. Come on, Pokemon twitter, you only have two Gen 1 pokemon left. >=/

I'm thinking GF will do what they did for the Gen VII games and from here on we'll see a slow trickle of teaser videos leaking info on new Pokémon, Gym Leaders, planned new features, and the like just whenever they feel like making those kinds of announcements.

I'm thinking GF will do what they did for the Gen VII games and from here on we'll see a slow trickle of teaser videos leaking info on new Pokémon, Gym Leaders, planned new features, and the like just whenever they feel like making those kinds of announcements.
Well, we've got a few major events in July and August that they've revealed pokemon at in the past, so there are certainly some target dates to keep an eye on. Once we hit September, though, there's nothing but CoroCoro and trailer drops are gonna be totally random from there on, for sure. =/

World Hobby Fair has gone by without revealing anything new. Our next chance for news is the Japan Expo, but I kinda get the feeling we're going to see another Direct soon.
Maybe in tandem with Japan Expo? Since it's only about four days now before that starts. A Direct instead of just a pokemon reveal would be pretty nice. =D

We have now hit July. I am hoping that after that big Direct they will start releasing Pokemon news on a more regular basis. I hope the Japan Expo gives us something at least. It has in the past, so I am hoping it doesn't fail us now. That is just in a fe days, so I will keep my eyes open, but I won't put my hopes up too high.

I do think after the whole thing that happened with the removing of some Pokemon, it would be wise of them to release something big soon. Get the hype up and rolling for the games again a little bit (not that I am any less hyped). It's just not good to leave the franchise on a sour note for that long.

I wouldn't be surprised if the controversy is messing with the advertising schedule - every post TPC makes, at least on Twitter, is flooded with people talking about it. That being said, I saw something about a Famitsu interview floating around where Ohmori supposedly mentioned revealing the starters' second stages, so I think we might get something about that before CoroCoro releases.

I wouldn't be surprised if the controversy is messing with the advertising schedule - every post TPC makes, at least on Twitter, is flooded with people talking about it. That being said, I saw something about a Famitsu interview floating around where Ohmori supposedly mentioned revealing the starters' second stages, so I think we might get something about that before CoroCoro releases.
I agree on the first part. They are probably checking every tree in the next trailer to be sure it doesn't come from another 20 years old zelda game XD

Back
Top Bottom