• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

lindsayoris15

Reaction score
I am sad to inform you all, that I have recent been informed by separate sources of the loss of one of our beloved original voice actors, Madeline Blaustein, unfortunately passed away in her sleep last week. She was one of the voice actors who were in it from the start and she is most famous among the Pokémon community for providing the voice of Meowth from Episode 32 up to Episode 421 among various other characters. She was a kind person and even took time our of her busy schedule to do a Q&A session on the forums here. She will be sorely missed among the community and our hearts go out to all her friends and family during this difficult time.

Rest in Peace Maddie.

I've got to call shenanigans on this until I see sources...

Huh? What?

If this is an early April Fool's joke, it's not funny.

If it's not then I want to CHOKE 2008. CHOKE.

I don't trust it. Serebii's been wrong before.
I hope its wrong too...but I got it from several seperate people, one of them being one of my sources

Edit: Just checked in and can confirm its true...this sucks.

I've got to call shenanigans on this until I see sources...

My thoughts exactly. Has anyone tried contacting her? Remember it is December, so she very well could be on a holiday vacation.

I hope its wrong too...but I got it from several seperate people, one of them being one of my sources

Wouldn't this kind of thing be reported in the local papers around New York?

I'm closing this thread until we mods can get some things straight. Y'know...trying to avoid hysteria and all that.

"Checked in" with who? I wouldn't call it confirmed unless I heard it from the coroner or saw it in a newspaper. I realize this thread is closed now, but you should consider revealing your source(s) on your site.

Just because there is not an obituary for a certain person in the newspaper does not mean he or she has not died. I manage the obituaries at my city newspaper, and we generally don't know if someone has died unless someone sends us something on their own (obituaries cost money, quite a bit, actually).

Maddie Blaustein Passed Away

I saw that people doubted SPP, so I phoned one of the 4Kids VA's and asked them about it and they confirmed it. The VA is going to call me back later in the day with more details, such as the memorial's time and place.

But, Maddie is really gone, which is just a complete shock. We should leave our memories here, especially since she posted on BMG. I think her dedication to Meowth was shown when she fought PUSA to have the right to dub Meowth again. That right there is someone who put heart into the characters they voiced.

It really does suck. She was a cool person to talk to and she cared emphatically about her work and her fans

A thousand Meowth are looking up at the night sky with tears in their eyes. None of them will be looking for loose change tonight.

A thousand condolences to all Maddie Blaustein fans. She will be missed forever more.

..oh god damn...I hate when I cry...why the hell did it have to be Maddie? She was such a great person.

RIP. :( How did it happen? She's only two years older than my mother. I've heard lots of news about her, and with the VA transitions as of late.

No one is sure how it happened yet, but don't anyone go around spreading rumors / speculating about it as I have already seen (in relation to her being a transsexual). I don't think it's important anyways... her life and her work is what should be honored.

Very sad to hear. I defintely loved her work as Meowth and hope she is at peace now. Thanks for all the hard work Ms. Blaustein. RIP.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom