• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

They could have simply called them spin offs. They didn't because they wanted old fans to buy them as well.
They didn't call them spin-offs because they're not spin-offs. It's a main series game with different gameplay.

No one calls Windwaker a spin-off of Zelda.
Dynamax is just a bigger model and dynamax animations are just slower forms of normal animations.

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1141029634118737921
The fact that some pokemon got new animations (how many 100?)
We have no idea how many pokemon received new animations at this point.
we know that back in 2013 on a much less powerful console they managed to do 700+ 3d models + hundreds of moves animations.
Which they made during a generation in which we received no remakes and only a pair of sequels with little work needed to be done aside from story changes and a few new areas added to the 2D map.
This is because you don't simply say to your fans, after 23 years, that there's nothing you want to do about it, there's nothing you can justify it with (nothing real clearly).
Probably because it wasn't easy for them to come to the decision to cut the dex in the first place? They did make it clear that it wasn't something that they wanted to do, so it must have been a hard decision to make in the first place and it's not one that they're going to be able to just pull a solution out of their ass to fix in only a couple of weeks. Right now they absolutely can't make us any promises that they will fix anything because they need time to consider what they can even do about it.
Back in 2016 we had 10-11 pokemon revealed. Tapu koko and friends leaked in June but were meant to be realesed in July. They were officially revealed on July 1 probably just because they were leaked the previous day.
Japanese trailer was posted on June 30th. And considering the timing and how the rest of that July went, I'd say that we would have had 18 pokemon revealed by this point regardless.

They didn't call them spin-offs because they're not spin-offs. It's a main series game with different gameplay.

No one calls Windwaker a spin-off of Zelda.

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1141029634118737921

We have no idea how many pokemon received new animations at this point.

Which they made during a generation in which we received no remakes and only a pair of sequels with little work needed to be done aside from story changes and a few new areas added to the 2D map.

Probably because it wasn't easy for them to come to the decision to cut the dex in the first place? They did make it clear that it wasn't something that they wanted to do, so it must have been a hard decision to make in the first place and it's not one that they're going to be able to just pull a solution out of their ass to fix in only a couple of weeks. Right now they absolutely can't make us any promises that they will fix anything because they need time to consider what they can even do about it.

Japanese trailer was posted on June 30th. And considering the timing and how the rest of that July went, I'd say that we would have had 18 pokemon revealed by this point regardless.

1. Then people were right to be concerned about main serie games back then. This is bad marketing.
  2. A 1 second animation on weavile costed how many pokemon exactly? Honestly, with that second added, do you think that weavile is properly animated now in 2019 on a home console as powerful as the switch, considering that when it will do a double kick it will just pop on itself like Blaziken did in 2013 on a 240p console? That's innovation!
  3. Even if all of them received a 1 second animation, it wouldn't really matter. They cannot justify the cut of the pokedex for that. Nothing really changed, it's just like when on gen 3-5 they slightly changed the movement on the sprite of the pokemon. It was just a sprite with a decent animation, now it's just a 3D model with a decent animation. Now, we are on the Switch, however.
  4. Just because they rush games to make more in quantity doesn't mean they should.
  5. I don't question how hard the decision was. But I wanna know why that decision was made. And I don't accept something that my eyes consider false at first sight.
  6. They were meant to be revealed on July. From Serebii:
"The summary for the Japanese variety show, Pokénchi, for the episode due to air on July 3rd has been revealed and confirmed what Junichi Masuda posted in a blog post last month about the hosts Rinka and Abarerukun visiting Game Freak. Within this it is said that it will show a video for the new Pokémon games as well as show new information on new Pokémon. It is probable that this information will mirror the information from the upcoming July 1st reval as well as the recent E3 and CoroCoro reveals but it is not currently known. Keep checking back for news. "

They were meant to be revealed on July. From Serebii:

"The summary for the Japanese variety show, Pokénchi, for the episode due to air on July 3rd has been revealed and confirmed what Junichi Masuda posted in a blog post last month about the hosts Rinka and Abarerukun visiting Game Freak. Within this it is said that it will show a video for the new Pokémon games as well as show new information on new Pokémon. It is probable that this information will mirror the information from the upcoming July 1st reval as well as the recent E3 and CoroCoro reveals but it is not currently known. Keep checking back for news. "
And funny enough, the date on my computer screen appears to say July 5th... meaning that by this point in 2016... we still would have had 18 pokemon revealed already. :unsure:

And funny enough, the date on my computer screen appears to say July 5th... meaning that by this point in 2016... we still would have had 18 pokemon revealed already. :unsure:
This was not the point. The point was news divided by months.
Back in 2016 they didn't have to manage 80000 dislikes and people posting about everything they don't like in every single post of every single social account of tpci.
Anyway, I suggest to just stop this considering we are not in the right thread.

So do we think we will be getting some sort of news today? Or maybe tomorrow, the last day of Japan Expo?

Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is a remake of Pokémon Yellow.

You have to go through some serious mental gymnastics to not consider it a main series game, only because the Capture Mechanic and HM System are different...

Last edited:
Everything seems so slow news wise
we didn't get anything since E3.. sun and moon used to get a trailer at the start of each month and mention when will be the next trailer.

I sure hope we get something tomorrow. I'm dying for some news. Just anything to get to see the game again. Hopefully they will continue to follow their pattern at showing something off at Japan Expo.

I truly do wonder if we will be getting starters soon. The Pokemon Twitter posted about the starter Pokemon for Galar a few hours ago. While it might just be to remind fans that the games exist, a tiny part of me hopes it might be a hint to potential starter news coming, or at least potential news happening soon.

Maybe we actually will see the mid evolutions tomorrow. Would be hella out of pattern. But could happen.

Didn't some leak said we getting starters mid evolution at august?

I just realized....We got nothing from the expo for once they are seriously being tight lipped for this game
Huh... you're right. I just looked into it and both Salandit and Honedge were actually revealed on the first day of Japan Expo.

Guess we're really not getting anything this time. =/

"my body is ready" in every single game since XY...
Oh gawd true, it is so cringe-worthy when they do that.
Excuse me what? I’ve never played the 3DS entries so... they added in that joke in every game? I knew it was in SM with Rockruff (it manages to sound even more inappropriate in this context and the games are called SM). But every entry?

Well, besides that, I'm sure that they were already well aware that they revealed too much last generation, as they already seemed to be on track for slower, lighter news this time around.
And they basically have to do a hype-worthy grand reveal to divert the attention from the Dexit mess... GameFreak's quite unlucky when it comes to marketing.

Back
Top Bottom