• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM129: The Great Fray! Battle Royal 151!!

So I enjoy this episode hopefully ash get to the final round but sadly as always the Curse he needs to loose

To enter the Galar region to get new Pokémon to enter the gyms to enter their league to loose then go to next gen 9

I was hoping that team skull the oldest brother of trio will use his Grimer as Muk

I don’t understand the series the first episode they had 3 zubats, 3 Yungoos and 3 poison lizards on their size but they always use one of each Pokémon not never all them again why they do that so stupid

Point.

Mimikyu would likely hug it.
Doubt it

But maybe Mymykyu will battle of he gets to next round

I mean why not but I doubt he gets to the second round with Jessie I think James will win

Ash will get Possible to last final round then looses the league lol

Being a Pokémon trainer and being a league battler are not always the same thing. All of Ash’s traveling companions over the years have been Pokémon trainers but only he was a league battler and even then, they were shown to have developed into competent battlers in their own right.
That's true, but Lilie wants to be a trainer like Satoshi.
And realistically, the fact that most of them aren’t oriented that way, at least some of them should not have made it past the battle royal stage, especially Lillie, Mallow and Sophocles who have the lowest skills in battle of the class.
But compared to other trainers from Alola, they're still better at battles.
Sun and Moon in its 129 episodes did not have that kind of development for Lana, Lillie, Sophocles or Mallow. They may have had a battle here and there, but for the most part, their character arcs did not revolve around developing their Pokémon battle skills.
SM had terrible writing doesn't mean they had to end it in a horrible manner.

I know she's not an Elite Four member in the anime, but Kahili being eliminated this early while the likes of Sophocles and Lillie got to advance is insane.

Overall a ridiculous episode. Ash's classmates helping one another, while cute, should be against the rules. This is not a Tag Battle.

I'm just glad Lana and Mallow will be facing each other because that way at least one girl is guaranteed to advance to the next round. I would have preferred Plumeria or Kahili, but I guess Mallow's cooking skills made her a better battler.

Guzma needs a Shedinja.
Come on give us a 3vs3 this and next round and 6vs6 afterwards.

Hope 6vs6 Gladion Ash and Guzma Ash

We need also Turtonator vs Decidueye

Not happening at least they could do 2 vs 2 since most trainers have 2
3 they have 3. Some could surprise us and use wild pokemon met from past like Ash in the past. Lilie could usr Magerna and alolan sandshrew/sandlash

Sophocles could use Alolan Graveller or geodude. Kiawe has Charizard, Marowak and Turtonator. The ghost lady could use Deciduey, other grass/ghost and Mimykyu

I'd love to know what the anime has against Cotoise...

3 they have 3. Some could surprise us and use wild pokemon met from past like Ash in the past. Lilie could usr Magerna and alolan sandshrew/sandlash

Sophocles could use Alolan Graveller or geodude. Kiawe has Charizard, Marowak and Turtonator. The ghost lady could use Deciduey, other grass/ghost and Mimykyu
She might have Gengar the ghost lady

What u mean by ash

Do u believe ash will this league I truly doubt lol

I'd love to know what the anime has against Cotoise...View attachment 120552
What did that sparrow use to do that whirlwind or just strong flapping its wings

What move did Skarmory did against gyardos

I'm watching the subbed version of this episode which was out like a couple minutes ago, and guess what? Salazzle is featured as a Dare Da Pokemon for this episode.

Last edited:
What moves did that Skarmory use against Gyardos and that Sparrow did against Torkal? Does anyone know

Was their any extra scene of the ending I wonder why they don’t do that in English dub I perfer it THEy Do seems interesting

Was their any extra scene of the ending I wonder why they don’t do that in English dub I perfer it THEy Do seems interesting
It was Abareru-kun bemoaning the fact that he didn't get past the first round and swearing that he'll be back.

The best bit about the Poke-Problem was Kojiro referencing the Kanmon Straits pre-episode and Moji/Shimonoseki post-episode OMG HE IS REFERENCING THE FACT THAT HE AND MUSASHI ARE GONNA BE DUKING IT OUT HOW DID I JUST REALISE, I'M THE WORST TRIO FAN EVER!! :cry::bulbaFacepalm::love::bulbaLove:

It was Abareru-kun bemoaning the fact that he didn't get past the first round and swearing that he'll be back.
Also this episode feels likey that the eve trainer might win because of the episode question they did?

I just found it lol finally

Also I kinda wish that trainer had chance to enter I think it be great for him to get character development lol

I’m surprised his Pokémon didn’t evolve or choose not evolve

Also this episode feels likey that the eve trainer might win because of the episode question they did?
I think Plumeri has injured/spooked Eevee on purpose to ensure Guzma has a straightforward time in knocking 'the favourite' out.

Nice of Poliwrath and Politoed to run straight at enemies they're weak against for no reason. In fact, it was really polite for all those contestants with type disadvantages to battle Ash.

I get that the Polis wanted to perform a sneak attack, but why would you even bother risking it?

That's true, but Lilie wants to be a trainer like Satoshi.
And in spite of that, she’s still a beginner trainer whose biggest accomplishment is performing a Z-move. She’s had all the opportunity in the world to become more battle oriented throughout the saga especially with all the focus she got in the beginning but never amounted to much.
But compared to other trainers from Alola, they're still better at battles.
Again, we don’t actually know that for a fact. Ash and co have only met a handful of trainers and m, as the battle royal shows, there’s a lot more.
SM had terrible writing doesn't mean they had to end it in a horrible manner.
That’s like saying that Ash’s loss at the Indigo Plateau or May’s loss in the Kanto Grand Festival were horrible. The entire point is showing that they still have a road to go to improve and learning from defeat. The plot holding their hand and just handing them a high spot in the tournament despite them not really working on t

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom