• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Dynamax, Gigantamax, Sponsorships, Max Raids... wow...

I can't wait for SwSh to come out, so I can finally skip them.

Last edited:
I still don't understand the purpose of these giga forms. The abilities are the same, the types are the same.. It's basically another three turns z-move with a form change?
Btw two of the forms changes are pretty lame...

The G-Max moves. It's essentially the equivalent of the "signature" Z-Moves like Stoked Sparksurfer and Genesis Supernova.

Game Freak: "Let's tell people we're removing Mega Evolutions and Z Moves from SwSh, so we can reincorporate them under new names, because shiny new names sell more!"

Last edited:
Game Freak: "Let's remove Mega Evolutions and Z Moves from SwSh, so we can add them under new names, Dynamax and Gigantamax, and advertise them as brand new features, because new things with shiny new names sell more!"

Hardly a stunning manoeuver from the company that has essentially sold us the same game 30 times since 1996. :D

I do hope that they finally reveal Eternatus before November. I want to know its connection with Zacian and Zamazenta in relation to the plot.

Also, Chairman Rose is a straight up DADDY.
I got a slightly different impression... XD

ktokatitmir0.0.jpg

If there’s an actual mechanic involving endorsements for the MC, even if I don’t kind the execution, it’d still be something new to add to the game.

Gigantamax is on the same range of Dynamax, Z-moves and Megas for me. The first and the last add a bit in terms of visuals. All those features aren’t vital for me, and not nearly as important as the full dex (while not gamebreaking, I do expect something in return in other parts of the game).

The Champions Cup, and in general the whole way the League works is really intriguing. The offset of possibly losing the E4 is completely matched by the tournament for me.

Of Rose and Oleana, we don’t know enough to judge them, and their role in the story, though it’s still good that they add more characters related and relevant to the main story.

The G-Max moves. It's essentially the equivalent of the "signature" Z-Moves like Stoked Sparksurfer and Genesis Supernova.
In a way, it's also comparable to Keldeo's Resolute Form, which signified how it had the move Secret Sword. The best way I can sum it up is through the following equation:

Resolute Form + Exclusive Z-Moves (read: G-Max Moves) = Gigantimax

As expected the protest is taking over this video too. Let's see if It will reach the level of the threehouse video.

Attachments

• 20190708_190555.jpg
    20190708_190555.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 39
Someone tell me that this isn't a pokemon-
View attachment 120599

You know as well as we all do that's Gigantamax Voltorb. I think I can even see some "smoke" surrounding the head...

Galar is just one big advertisement

It's meta beyond belief.

Well, I'm glad they decided to at least reveal the obvious "plot-twist" villain of the Gen. Well, the leak kinda spoiled that, but come on... even without it he gives off much better final boss vibes than Leon does. And f*ck his eventually revealed Gigantamaxed Charizard. British Tony Stark & Pepper Potts... oi.

Nah, it's 40k like to 11k dislike currently. It definitely won't get as bad as Treehouse.
I wouldn't rule it out. It has already more dislikes than the previous trailers put together...

Back
Top Bottom