• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

How about you get a Baby Ho-oh and a Baby Lugia as your starters? It’d be a nice anime callback.
I wouldn't be a fan since I view the Johto mascots as unique, and it would be a repeat of Nebby unless the babies never evolved. If they didn't evolve and their designs were interesting (Silver was just a smaller Lugia), then it could be cool.

like, i couldn't help but notice that the entry on Abilities on the SwoShi site is written as if Abilities are an entirely new element (i mean, the fact that there's an entry on them at all is kind of unusual)
Maybe it's new for English sites, but the Japanese SM site even explains leveling up and evolution. Every game is someone's introduction to the series.

i wonder how much benefit there would ultimately be in continuing Lets go as a separate series as opposed to just carefully carrying enough elements over from that side into the main games in order to appeal to LG people without upsetting established players (granted, a lot of them are already enraged anyway, but for a different reason)
Other than Max Raids (which tie into Dynamax), transfers (which due to how fragmented the games are going to be from now, might as well cover as many games as possible) and overworld encounters (a belated evolution), I am not sure what else the traditional games can borrow from Go. Except for the following feature, which is curiously missing from SwSh.

I think that the biggest Go feature Let's Go 2 could adapt is community-run gyms. The traditional games are more about personal victories. I am not saying that the original Kanto/Johto gyms should be removed in favor of a MMORPG, but there is no reason why the old and new gyms couldn't co-exist. Implementing Secret Bases would make sense.

Edit: It would be very cool if they had a Masters tie-in where you could have 3vs3 battles in the secret bases (or whatever) with notable NPCs and other players.

Last edited:
I think that we are definitely going to see held items and breeding in this game because they can't use "They weren't in the originals." as an excuse for removing them because they were.
Agreed. Since items can’t transfer into Bank anyway (no word on Home yet), how cool would it be to reintegrate the Gen 2 berries and other items that didn’t make it into later games like the Polkadot Bow.

If they do make a Let’s Go 2 I suspect they’ll keep Pikachu and Eevee as the starter Pokémon and just update the map and Pokédex. I enjoyed the game but our kids enjoy it the most I have no desire to play a sequel especially given the current state of the core RPG but would probably end up getting it for the girls.

If they do make a Let’s Go 2 I suspect they’ll keep Pikachu and Eevee as the starter Pokémon and just update the map and Pokédex. I enjoyed the game but our kids enjoy it the most I have no desire to play a sequel especially given the current state of the core RPG but would probably end up getting it for the girls.

Let's Go Johto 2 is just LGPE but now you can cross over to Johto. Wow! Yet another Kanto remake!

Let's Go Johto 2 is just LGPE but now you can cross over to Johto. Wow! Yet another Kanto remake!

I feel ya! LGPE actually made me dislike Kanto first time in my life. I can’t play Pokémon Go, I’d love to but the walking is too much for me physically. My husband tried to take me in the wheelchair to play it but we live in the Highlands where 3G is still many years away.

I got really annoyed I can’t get all the Pokémon without Go. I’m also upset that we’ll likely never get to see Kanto properly for many more years. Masters does look interesting but I hope I don’t need to go walking to play it. :confused:

I feel ya! LGPE actually made me dislike Kanto first time in my life. I can’t play Pokémon Go, I’d love to but the walking is too much for me physically. My husband tried to take me in the wheelchair to play it but we live in the Highlands where 3G is still many years away.

Pretty sure Masters is going to be a non-walking game. Not to worry, I'm almost 99.9% sure since two walking-Pokémon games seem a bit... saturated.

I’m also upset that we’ll likely never get to see Kanto properly for many more years. Masters does look interesting but I hope I don’t need to go walking to play it. :confused:

Don't test them. I can feel a Kanto remake for Gen 9 ahhhhh

Pretty sure Masters is going to be a non-walking game. Not to worry, I'm almost 99.9% sure since two walking-Pokémon games seem a bit... saturated.

Don't test them. I can feel a Kanto remake for Gen 9 ahhhhh

Could be right I mean you can’t complain about #Dexit if your only using the original 151 (plus a few others).

I’d really like a China region pokémon game or South America though.

Could be right I mean you can’t complain about #Dexit if your only using the original 151 (plus a few others).

I’d really like a China region pokémon game or South America though.

I wanted South America for Gen 8, but I guess they just moved their magnifying glass from France over to United Kingdom. But hey, looks okay so far! Hoping they can touch on some Southern Hemisphere locations soon though for future generations!

The only Go-exclusive Pokemon are the Meltan line, and you don't need to walk for them.

It was Meltan I was talking referring to and oh really? I’ll maybe try and log back in I’ve never been able to play the game properly since they started banning the hacked version. Thank you so much!

I'd love Let's Go Johto if it was a DLC for PE. Otherwise, no. I think GF had the potencial to make a nice game but expanding by including the Sevii Islands at least but no such thing happened and nowadays it just seems the game was forgotten by GF, which isn't surprising since PKMN isn't their top priority, so LGJohto would just feel like another fill in between main games without that much innovation.

I'd love Let's Go Johto if it was a DLC for PE. Otherwise, no. I think GF had the potencial to make a nice game but expanding by including the Sevii Islands at least but no such thing happened and nowadays it just seems the game was forgotten by GF, which isn't surprising since PKMN isn't their top priority, so LGJohto would just feel like another fill in between main games without that much innovation.

100% I agree with almost every word.

I’m looking forward to town but there is no way it will ever out sell a Pokémon game. Their worst game is Crystal in terms of sales and I think it still doubled the sales of their next best selling game. I think it was a Yoshi game to so it’s not like it didn’t have brand recognition.

Is it possible that Game Freak would decide to introduce more new mythical Pokemon like they did with Meltan? Meltan is considered Gen 7 after all, not Gen 8, and has more to do currently with that Gen. Maybe they could introduce the original species of Suicune, Entei, and Raikou before they burned and were revived by Ho-oh. There would at least be an opportunity to wrap up that story point.

As for the game's quality, that depends entirely upon the direction. Realistically, I'd expect an even more family friendly and watered down version of HG/SS, but it could could achieve something better if it was more story driven and true to the atmosphere of the originals.

Is it possible that Game Freak would decide to introduce more new mythical Pokemon like they did with Meltan?

I'm of the opinion that literally everything about how Meltan was handled on a distribution level was a lot more interesting and engaging than anything they've ever done with previous Mythical Pokémon and frankly it just makes a lot more sense to me. So I would be all in favor of this.

I'm of the opinion that literally everything about how Meltan was handled on a distribution level was a lot more interesting and engaging than anything they've ever done with previous Mythical Pokémon and frankly it just makes a lot more sense to me. So I would be all in favor of this.
True. Considering what they did with Zeraora and Volcanion, I'm also in favor.

I personally don’t like having to go outside of the game to get it. Just my personal experience sith Pokémon go is not good.

I hope they mythical dump now that it’s coming to Switch I’ve missed a few event pokémon for health reasons was not able to get to the store etc.

I certainly prefer how the Creation trio and Master (well, of the whole PKmnverse also) was given a nice event in HG/SS and connected Johto and Sinnoh. If only there was more background stories and "quests. I also liked how R/S/E made me learn braille just so that we could decypher some hard to find ruins (at least the Sealed Chamber).

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom