• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

I certainly prefer how the Creation trio and Master (well, of the whole PKmnverse also) was given a nice event in HG/SS and connected Johto and Sinnoh. If only there was more background stories and "quests. I also liked how R/S/E made me learn braille just so that we could decypher some hard to find ruins (at least the Sealed Chamber).

The Regis and their Braille puzzle were marvelous, but they're Legendaries, which aren't distributed the same way as Mythicals. I would be very happy to see more like them, though.

The Regis and their Braille puzzle were marvelous, but they're Legendaries, which aren't distributed the same way as Mythicals. I would be very happy to see more like them, though.

You just brought back such an old memory. Literally racked my brain for it and it was probably very frustrating for me, but I did end up getting it, so the reward of seeing the Regis felt all the better!

I wouldn't mind Pikachu and Eevee remaining as the starters for Let's Go Johto, but it ain't happening, imo. It would feel repetitive. They need to advertise the games, and having the same starters feels like uninspired marketing.

Also, I would love to have a Marill as powerful and useful as LGPE Pikachu/Eevee.

Being able to play with Marill throughout the whole adventure, without evolving into Azumarill, would be pretty fresh.

I wouldn't mind Pikachu and Eevee remaining as the starters for Let's Go Johto, but it ain't happening, imo. It would feel repetitive.

Also, I would love for Marill to recieve the Pikachu/Eevee power-up treatment. Being able to play with Marill through the whole adventure, without evolving into Azumarill, would be pretty fresh.

Agree on both counts but I honestly think they’ll keep the series LGPE casuals don’t know what a Marill is.

Last edited:
At the outset of this thread, Silktree noted that Pikachu and Eevee's Shiny colorations are fairly close to gold and silver. Maybe they could still have Pikachu and Eevee as the mascots, but have them be Shiny this time - which would coincide fairly well with Gen 2 being the introduction of Shiny Pokémon. (Yes, Shiny Pokémon do exist in LGPE already, but I doubt that they wouldn't still make a fuss about the Red Gyarados in a hypothetical Joh-GO game. Shiny Pokémon existing in Gen 3 and DPP didn't change anything about HGSS's treatment of them, and it would just be an homage, anyway.)

At the outset of this thread, Silktree noted that Pikachu and Eevee's Shiny colorations are fairly close to gold and silver. Maybe they could still have Pikachu and Eevee as the mascots, but have them be Shiny this time - which would coincide fairly well with Gen 2 being the introduction of Shiny Pokémon. (Yes, Shiny Pokémon do exist in LGPE already, but I doubt that they wouldn't still make a fuss about the Red Gyarados in a hypothetical Joh-GO game. Shiny Pokémon existing in Gen 3 and DPP didn't change anything about HGSS's treatment of them, and it would just be an homage, anyway.)

I honestly don't see them do that! The excuse for LG was a remake of the Yellow version and since G/S was already almost perfectly remade with HGSS, I'm not seeing GF having doing something that won't improve that much a game or that would need more new content to feel new and fresh. C'mon, they made UMUS and back in ASOR, the secret base furniture wasn't that much expanded.
As far as the starters go, I would prefer if they went with Espeon and Umbreon or any of the Eevolutions in order for us to have more typing options for starters (as well as Kimonos for our character to wear!). Also, I'd prefer Pichu over Pikachu in LGJohto...oh wait, they could go with baby Pkmn this time!

I honestly don't see them do that! The excuse for LG was a remake of the Yellow version and since G/S was already almost perfectly remade with HGSS, I'm not seeing GF having doing something that won't improve that much a game or that would need more new content to feel new and fresh. C'mon, they made UMUS and back in ASOR, the secret base furniture wasn't that much expanded.
As far as the starters go, I would prefer if they went with Espeon and Umbreon or any of the Eevolutions in order for us to have more typing options for starters (as well as Kimonos for our character to wear!). Also, I'd prefer Pichu over Pikachu in LGJohto...oh wait, they could go with baby Pkmn this time!

While I agree the excuse is Let’s Go/Casual Normie types will buy it and it will require less work per return on investment. Could see it 3-4 years from now if not sooner.

Esserise was just talking about the starters, so I don't understand the comment about the games' raison d'etre. If you find yourself saying this several times, then maybe this thread isn't for you. Still:

1. If a region hasn't been in the limelight for 10+ years, it deserves to be revisited. HGSS are hardly perfect, but that's irrelevant to the decision.

2. LGPE did well (especially in the US) and Go is still alive and well. It would be odd not to use Go's catching mechanics ever again, and Masters also lends itself to being mirrored somehow (transfer your partners to a facility or something). Who knows about Sleep.

3. From a casual battler's perspective, I think that LGPE had the right idea by making AVs optional and removing most moves. But they removed a bit too many moves and I don't think that a certain selection of held items and abilities would hurt anyone. Maybe they'll think of a different path to add depth to battles than the one the main series took.

4. While Game Freak could add the following feature to the regular games, they don't seem to want that.

5. Yes, simpler graphics mean shorter development. Kanto wouldn't need many changes, while Johto is smaller than Sinnoh.

As for the starters, the problem with shiny Pikachu and Eevee is that they've been recently distributed to LGPE. This isn't a deal breaker, but it does make them less exotic now. I think that if they reuse these partners, they ought to give them new forms. One idea that comes to mind is making the partner come from another time period, like Spiky-eared Pichu and even the Pikachu from the Golden Boys manga.

But I think that Marill and Togepi could make fine partners with the right promotion and boosts. And they're the easiest way for the boxart to scream Johto, save for leaving out one of the starters or legendary beasts (or repeating Ho-Oh and Lugia somehow).

Last edited:
There's a lot of speculation about what Pokemon would be the starters... I know one thing they wanted for the games was that Pikachu and Eevee don't evolve, but I could see something happening in Johto games...

What if the starters were Pichu and Togepi, and had a scripted evolution? I know Togetic isn't as popular as Togepi and Pichu isn't as popular as Pikachu, but I think that'd be a neat way to use both. Or maybe make it optional? Idk. Not even sure that would work out evenly with base stats (I'd have to look into those).

Cuz Marill and Togepi just... Don't feel like a pair. Also, redundant fairy typing.

Or just give Eevee a prevo already :p:whistle:

Pichu is actually weaker than Togepi and Marill. That could be fixed. but still. You would think that partner Pichu would be weaker than partner Pikachu, and if it evolved then it wouldn't really be the mascot (see Nebby).

Last edited:
Pichu is actually weaker than Togepi and Marill. That could be fixed. but still. You would think that partner Pichu would be weaker than partner Pikachu, and if it evolved then it wouldn't really be the mascot (see Nebby).

#Time-To-Buff-Pichu #Make-Game-Pichu-As-Broken-As-Pichu-In-Smash-Ultimate

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom