• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Eeveelutions for Sword and Shield?

I think a Steel- or Dragon-type Eeveelution would work well in a region based on the UK. Steel especially, seeing as the games are literally called Pokemon Sword and Shield.

I don't know what their evolution methods would be though.

With recent news having no new Eeveelutions revealed, Game Freak might stop making new Eeveelutions and keep the numbers at 8.

Or I might be wrong.

Most likely going to be whatever new feature is introduced in Gen 8, so to showcase it. Although at this rate other than Dynamax/Gigantimax, I am unsure how it would tie into Eevee's new eeveelution method.

Leafeon and Glaceon didn’t showcase anything special, unless you count “location” evolution, which wasn’t really a major feature. Although apparently there’s going to be some sort of cooking feature, which could potentially tie in.

Leafeon and Glaceon didn’t showcase anything special, unless you count “location” evolution, which wasn’t really a major feature. Although apparently there’s going to be some sort of cooking feature, which could potentially tie in.
I think that the thing with Eevee is that they showcase new evolution methods, not that they are tied to major mechanics.

Most likely going to be whatever new feature is introduced in Gen 8, so to showcase it. Although at this rate other than Dynamax/Gigantimax, I am unsure how it would tie into Eevee's new eeveelution method.

Could fit in. Maybe Evee itself will G-max.
Evee never was evolved with a Metal coat. What if after D-max it could evolve like the link switch with Onix.

With recent news having no new Eeveelutions revealed, Game Freak might stop making new Eeveelutions and keep the numbers at 8.

Or I might be wrong.

I mean the fact is, we won't know until the games are out. Patterns could suggest new ones, but breaking patterns is something gamefreak does sometimes as well. Although I'd say IF there are new one(s), they will probably reveal them before the games come out, eevee is always a fan favourite. But we still have more than three months, enought time for a reaveal.

Maybe Marnie has a new Eeveelution? She does throw her pokeball at the screen at the end of a trailer, which could mean her pokemon is of some importance, an eeveelution could make sense!?

I mean the fact is, we won't know until the games are out. Patterns could suggest new ones, but breaking patterns is something gamefreak does sometimes as well. Although I'd say IF there are new one(s), they will probably reveal them before the games come out, eevee is always a fan favourite. But we still have more than three months, enought time for a reaveal.

Maybe Marnie has a new Eeveelution? She does throw her pokeball at the screen at the end of a trailer, which could mean her pokemon is of some importance, an eeveelution could make sense!?

Marnie could have an Eeveelution to bring in alongside her Morpeko, like how Hau did with his Eeveelution and Raichu in Gen 7.

Maybe Marnie could get a similar configuration like Hau did? Or something?

Hey! What's up everyone? This is my first time posting here so I'm a bit anxious.

Eevee and its evolutions are some of my favorite Pokémon. So I'm hoping that we get at least two new ones.

I want to share a small theory that I thought of a little while ago.

It essentially entails us getting a Bug-type Eeveelution this generation. I apologize if this becomes lengthy.

Ever since I read the part of the Affleck leak that said we'd be to play with our Pokémon through camping, one of the things I thought of was how great of an idea it would be if Eevee was able to evolve into a new Eeveelution through this feature? Similar to how Eevee evolved into Sylveon in part through Pokémon-Amie.
The only type that I could think of that could relate to Pokémon Camp is the Bug-type. Especially when taking into consideration our real world equivalent of camping and its connotation to bugs. I then went on to think about the part of the leak where they mention how we can make curry and how it can raises stats and friendship. Obviously to make curry you need an assortment of ingredients and that's when one of the popular ingredients in curry stood out to me. That ingredient being, coriander. The coriander herbs history began with its potent bug-like smell and its name possibly being derived from the greek word koros meaning insect or the greek word koriannon meaning bug. Perhaps feeding Eevee with an overabundance of coriander then leveling it up would result in it evolving. There's an actual coriander chicken curry dish and we do have over 100 curry dishes in the game so this could be one of them. We obviously have yet to receive information if this ingredient is in the game or not, so I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

One other option for having Eevee evolving into a Bug-type through Pokémon Camp albeit a simple one is just having it bond with any Bug-type Pokémon then leveling it up.

What I found to be quite odd is that today they decided to show off a lone Eevee with the rest of its evolutions in both the official Pokémon video and on the official site. I mean obviously Eevee is a part of the line making it not that odd to some. Personally for me though it definitely simented the possibility of at least one Eeveelution.

A Bug-type would definitely be a surprise to people if just for the fact that people wouldn't expect it. Almost everyone's been speculating Dragon-type and Steel-type as the next possible Eeveelutions.

Last edited:
Ooh, now I really wanna see that! A Bug Eeveelution while you trek out in the wild area already sounds really great, even before these connections!

What I found to be quite odd is that today they decided to show off a lone Eevee with the rest of its evolutions in both the official Pokémon video and on the official site. I mean obviously Eevee is a part of the line making it not that odd to some. Personally for me though it definitely simented the possibility of at least one Eeveelution.

Agreed.

While Eevee is a very popular Pokémon (and it’s sorta the secondary mascot now) and therefore would most likely be featured heavily anyway, the trailer and site don’t even give the main mascot Pikachu such attention. Seems pretty interesting how much focus Eevee and its evolutionary relatives got. It’s a pretty big indicator in my book that there will be a new eeveelution or two.

Gigantamax Eevee could be a thing, too. They did show off Dynamax Eevee.

Considering that Pikachu is getting a Gigantamax form according to the Affleck leak, and the fact that Eevee has been set up as the counterpart to Pikachu by TPCi recently, I’d say it’s pretty likely Eevee will get its own Gigantamax form.

That was an awesome theory, and I love that idea of an evolution method. It integrates really well with this Camping feature. I love the idea of getting a bug type eevee evolution too.

I agree, after seeing that trailer today with them not only showing off Eevee but also putting some emphasis on its evolution, I think it could potentially be hinting that Eevee is getting another Eeveelution. I can see Eevee getting a Gigantamax form too, but with the extra emphasis, they put on the Eeveelutions, even using different ones for the English and Japanese one to show off how they react to the tasty curry. I think this means we might see a new eeveelution, even possibly soon. I mean heck, there has been a surprising lack of Eevee and it's evolutions in the previous trailers, why all the sudden emphasize it?

I’m torn on this. One part of me feels like they’d already be pimping an eveelution to drive hype and merch sales.

But this cycle has been much different from past ones. And between the dynamaxed Evee and all the eveelutions in the camping sequence in this Nintendo Direct, I wonder if it’s all a major tease for at least one new one.

I would think it would have been leaked by now, as part of a rumor that isn't easy to disprove.

The Eeveelutions make an attractive camp, and fairly large one as it is.

Last edited:
hmm someone noticed that they show all 8 with evee again? really weird.
and 2 trainers? I think two new evos are really possible this time.
2 or even 3 ... Taking that poison, steel and dragon fit with fairy.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom