• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What was your favorite new Pokèmon that was released July 8?

ShinyShrew

Reaction score
For me it's Alcremie. I would say Yamper but everyone already knew about it.

Duraludon is more immediately striking to me and I do think it's cool, but I think Rolycoly has more visible personality and concept, and it is very cute. :3 So I'd say Rolycoly.

Duraludon is more immediately striking to me and I do think it's cool, but I think Rolycoly has more visible personality and concept, and it is very cute. :3 So I'd say Rolycoly.

Duraludon looks like a fusion between Gigalith and Skarmory
Also they better give Rolycoly a Fire/Rock type evolution or I'm deleting my account

Alcremie! I'm a sucker for cute Fairy types, and I love anything dessert-themed. It reminds me of Slurpuff... but even better, and I say that as someone who likes Slurpuff a lot.

My favorite of the group is Rolycoly. I liked all of them, but Rolycoly just 'speaks to me' the most. And since its name is a pun on roly-poly (and, of course coal), I might be able to convince people it belongs on my "bugs" theme team (My friends did not accept my position that Cloyster fit even though other molluscs, Shelmet and Accelgor actually got bug type. The difference between Gastropoda and Bivalvia, I guess).

Besides Yamper since we already knew about him, my favorite is Rolycoly. He's adorable and might be my new favorite rock-type design besides Rockruff's line.

Yamper, Alcremie, and Duraludon. The first two are just really cute and Alcremie's Gigantamax form is so pretty (and makes me want cake), the third is so cool looking and really stands out to me.

I think Rolycoly is one of those weird uglycute Pokemon, which somehow makes me love it even more. Based on its ability name (Steam Engine?), I'm 90% certain it's getting a train-based evolution, and that just sounds super awesome to me.

I loved rolycoly but I don't like the wheel thing so now I simply like rolycoly; I've warmed up greatly to alcremie and it might now be my favorite of the reveal.

I do not like duraludon.

Yamper we of course already knew about, but I prefer its official art to its in game model so now I like it.

Alcremie is the new Slurpuff. We stan a 10-tiered gargantuan cake. Yamper and Rolycoly look very cute, and I think they could be awesome additions to the team. Duraludon is meh to me. Nothing stands out too much other than its new Steel-Type move that does admittedly look cool.

I think Rolycoly is one of those weird uglycute Pokemon, which somehow makes me love it even more. Based on its ability name (Steam Engine?), I'm 90% certain it's getting a train-based evolution, and that just sounds super awesome to me.

T R A I N S. Imma name mine Thomas haha

I would say Yamper, but Yamper was already previously revealed in the demo that fans got to play at e3 (and various other events), so I think I'll have to go with Alcremie. None of the designs really wowed me yesterday, but Alcremie is pretty cute, and I like the concept of it, and the name.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how Giga-Corviknight looks different than regular Corviknight other than the red glare and being bigger in size?
It certainly changes the least of the three but there are subtle differences. Its beak and horns become slightly longer. It gains additional armour pads on its body and more fur on its neck. And it has uh.... those tiny mini bird like things swarming around it. Kinda reminds me of how Honchkrow bosses around murkrows.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom