• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Lycanroc hyped by CoroCoro for months before reveal? So I wouldn't really count the September 'leak' (reveal) as evidence. CoroCoro owned the Lycanroc thing and dragged it out. And with June, that was during E3 so that explains the delay (so much other stuffwas revealed the same week in June, so they held off on releasing another video until July).

I'll give you that on the July and August issues. They seemed to purposefully hold off on releasing the videos until a week after the issue came out, and I do kind of remember them being surprises.

Wasn't Lycanroc hyped by CoroCoro for months before reveal? So I wouldn't really count the September 'leak' (reveal) as evidence. CoroCoro owned the Lycanroc thing and dragged it out. And with June, that was during E3 so that explains the delay (so much other stuffwas revealed the same week in June, so they held off on releasing another video until July).

I'll give you that on the July and August issues. They seemed to purposefully hold off on releasing the videos until a week after the issue came out, and I do kind of remember them being surprises.
Still enough reason to keep an eye on it, though!

Shoot, I forgot about most of those lol

But yeah, don't expect all that many early looks from CoroCoro.
Well at this stage I don't because they're already fallen behind on having as many reveals. It really should have started to have stuff either this month or last but I guess TPC decided that the move contest was enough of a biscuit for them to drag out that they avoided giving them anything else. The Mewtwo movie comes out this month, though, so we're out of movie "news" and move contests for them to cover, so unless TPC plans on just giving CoroCoro old news for the remaining months, it's back in the running for potentially having something.

Okay, I don't know whether this is just coincidence, but I think we've found ourselves another potential leak for Sword and Shield.

So...

Quoting this post that was done on 17th June by Anonymous...

* Galar is completely huge, you know that there is a Wild Area, but there is also an Urban Area that is basically Open World of the city, you will meet lots of people, and they will give you stuff and quests.

* I can confirm that Gigantomaxing is real, there is giga forms to secected Pokemon such as Charizard, Machamp, Jynx and Piplup. You can fight them in an Urban Area.

* I saw two new Pokemon, one of them is a Pokemon titan, and looks like a prehistoric black man, and is exclusive to Max Raid Battles. The second one is just whipped cream.

* I know you are sad about the National Dex, but the games are going to feature all the protagonists and rivals from main games in a unique facility, it called Battle All-Stars. Some of them are getting new clothes, especially those from Gen 4 and 5.

Okay, from what it says here, there is going to be an Urban Area, just like the Wild Area, which does sound interesting, especially when Max Raid Battles are the only way you can get Gigantomax Pokemon. Charizard and Machamp sounds obvious to me, especially with Leon having a Charizard that no doubt has one. Jynx, I'm unsure, and Piplup, the leak could've just said Empoleon.

The Prehistoric black man could've been given a proper description if true, but the whipped cream Pokemon has been revealed of being Alcremie.

The Battle All-Stars Facility sounds interesting, as this sounds like the PWT in Gen 5, so we could see many of our popular characters make a return like Red, Blue, Silver, Steven, Barry, Cynthia, Alder, Iris, Diantha, Kukui, and perhaps other Gym Leaders.

This with the Piplup (Empoleon) getting a Gigantomax Form does hint of a Gen 4 Remake, and if most of the Gen 4 cast are in the facility of Battle All-Stars then it's safe to assume that the games are just around the corner for next year.

Please take all this with a grain of salt, as some of the things may be fabricated until we have more proof.

We discussed this on the leak thread; that they said we'd get a whipped cream thing is definitely interesting but the "prehistoric black man" is super bizarre and uncomfortable sounding lol

I don't think this one is real. But I do hope Galar is "completely huge" like they said.

People also pointed out the all star arena is very unlikely with masters and would destroy the appeal of masters, making masters completely unneeded.

We discussed this on the leak thread; that they said we'd get a whipped cream thing is definitely interesting but the "prehistoric black man" is super bizarre and uncomfortable sounding lol

I don't think this one is real. But I do hope Galar is "completely huge" like they said.

People also pointed out the all star arena is very unlikely with masters and would destroy the appeal of masters, making masters completely unneeded.
I doubt it would make any difference if Battle All-Stars is real and in the game. Pokemon Masters is a Mobile Gacha Game that would make millions regardless. Galar looks huge when looking at the gameplay, no doubt the cuties will be also.

The Prehistoric man thing? Yeah, the leak could've describe something better than that. If it is true, then we'll see it ourselves. Hopefully it isn't black (no offence)

Last edited:
So looks like I might be on the right track that Leon is the one who gives you the starters. Now let's see if I'm right in that he spoils Hop by letting him have 2 starters.
I'd like that. I think it would be an explanation of what happens to the third starter. I also wouldn't mind a game where you have too rivals who take the other two staters in a future game

Someone on the last page (too lazy to check again, sorry lol) mentioned ash gigantamaxing Pikachu. Just realized... That won't happen. It has to go in its ball for that to happen.
It was me. And I think you're probably right. Pikachu is not going in that ball lol

Oh no I understand. I think giving any humanoid pokemon a real human skin color would make it ripe for controversy, and also would be very strange.
You do not need to look further than the controversy surrounding Jynx, and the leak said it will get a Gigantomax Form. Although it might be interesting to see how they will pull it off.

The leak said Meowth becomes a long cat and I wonder if that form is a reference to that one sun and moon episode where Meowth elongated when he was in love with Pheremosa. Which I swear long Meowth should be a meme.
tumblr_lf9ed1ViNi1qa8kbzo1_500.jpg

(I tried my hardest to find the source for this but couldn't, sorry)

I don't know. So far it has only gotten one thing right, so it could be a coincidence. Let's wait and see if more things get confirmed.
Well it did say Gigantomaxing, although another leak has revealed that. And Gigantomaxed Charizard is obvious since it's confirmed that Leon has a Charizard as his ace.

But until then, let's just observe what's to come.

Assuming that "prehistoric black man" is just a case of apocalyptically poor wording on the part of the leaker, I guess I don't find the rest to be too unbelievable, although I don't see where the Urban Area is supposed to fit in, even though I like the idea. The Wild Area takes up a huge portion of the Galar map. Would this Urban Area not be comparable to that? The only places I could see it fitting in would be the red industrial city (but everything we've see of it has made it out to be just a typical Pokémon city), the big black castle (which doesn't exactly strike me as "urban" so much as like, super high-class and walled off, as a castle would be), or the big modern city in the north (but I have my doubts that all those skyscrapers in the background will be anything more than filler scenery).

Was this leak posted yet? Seen a couple of youtubers talk about it today.

I'm not sure how to feel about it. The topic shift is kind of weird: going from the characters, to Coro Coro, to the story, to info about a new trailer, and to the story again. It doesn't have much organization to it. Kind of makes the credibility a bit iffy, but honestly not too harmful.

I don't know if Coro Coro is done leaking yet, but we haven't seen anything of Impidimp so far in it. The rumor doesn't say anything of Impidimp being revealed in this CoroCoro, but it would have been nice for that clarification if this is real, so the leaker could keep this credibility up. This one we might have to wait another day or 2 for I guess.

Also the time on the length of the trailer makes me a bit skeptical. While it does seem to have slightly less in it than the previous trailer we got, it still feels just a bit short to me. I am sure we got shorter trailers with Sun and Moon, but this still is a decent amount of info here. 3 Pokemon, new gyms that are version exclusive, regional variants, and the hint up to the new eeveelution, with possibly the eeveelutions actually being in the trailer. I don't know, the rumor doesn't clarify it enough. The latest trailer did have to spend longer on their Gigantamaxing feature, and it was about 2 minutes and 3 seconds. But I just don't know.

But all these points are honestly me digging deep into the leak. I mean, that is what we do here I guess, but I did really have to search for some of the problems. Because honestly, everything the leak says, makes sense.

Chairman Rose is a pretty big important person, and while Leon is an excellent battler from what it seems, if he truly had the player character like start with Sonia, how would have Chairman Rose noticed him. Rose is big and important and probably doesn't have the time to scout out for new talent, I can easily see him being Leon and Hop's dad, and the reason he knew that Leon was strong was that he already had that bond with him. Or well he just wanted to sponsor his son. But based on how he doesn't sponsor Hop, it sounds more like the former.

A recent video from GameXplain mentioned how Oleana had earrings shaped like hexagons, and Chairman Rose has a pin shaped like hexagons, with two hexagons printed on it. Honestly, that is a little hard to overlook. Even if this leak isn't real, I could definitely see them having something to do with Meltan. I know Meltan already got his time to shine in Let's Go, but I could see them doing a cameo sort of thing.

And the map has clearly shown that it is not one for one, and they are not showing everything. I think it's entirely possible that there is something beyond that forest, or even within that forest, that we just can't see.

I just love the ideas for the trailer too. Toolhark? Well, I know one shark that looks similar to a tool and that's a Hammerhead shark and if they made a hammerhead shark Pokemon I would be so happy. Hammerhead sharks are my absolute favorite. And I need this thing to happen now. Even if it's not this one, I want a hammerhead shark Pokemon.

I love seeing more characters, and I really want to get a glimpse into that fairytale-like area, and seeing the fairy/poison gym might ive us a glimpse of the area. so I am all down for that segment of the trailer.

Uhh new eeveelutions, duh I'm excited. Even if it is just a tease I am sure they would reveal 'em pretty soon afterward. But just the idea of having new eevees in this game would bring me joy. After all this skepticism about not getting one, I really need this.

And regional variants to be actually confirmed to be returning would be awesome. Like, we basically have it confirmed now with regional evolutions or whatever they are with the basically true leak. But having this idea confirmed before my eyes by the official news source would make me so happy. If this trailer happened, I would lose my mind. Even if this does end up seeming really fake, I still probably won't be able to sleep now on the 24th. It also doesn't help that if this trailer is real, it drops the day before my birthday. This kind of news would be one of the best presents honestly.

My thoughts on this one:
  • Chairman Rose already looks a lot like Leon and Hop (moreso Leon imo)...Same skin color, same head shape, even his facial hair's not too far off from Leon's. I think it's pretty obvious, so it's an easy guess.
  • I was under the impression that Corocoro is done leaking this month. Maybe they mean next month.
  • Meltan being relevant is unlikely imo
  • Toolhark LOL
  • I have my doubts that that elephant tea kettle thing is electric type.
  • I just like the name Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom