• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Corocoro hasn't been the best source for new Pokemon news since the 6th generation. Last gen in July I think we at least saw Bewear and Mimikyu. This time we just got a Pokemon we already saw.
CoroCoro leaked a ton of reveals at least a week ahead of any trailer... it was actually doing pretty well last Gen.

This Gen, not so much yet. =/

I think the trailer hints at gigamax gengar
we know both pikachu and charizard are getting one

Yea, Lapras, Mawile, Ferroseed/Ferrothorn and Mareanie/Toxapex.

Good to know. Glad these ones are getting them, also glad they are in the game.

Is Mawile popular? It got a Mega, so it's surprising it got a Gigantamax too. The Mega was so good, I wonder how they'd change this time.

Is Mawile popular? It got a Mega, so it's surprising it got a Gigantamax too. The Mega was so good, I wonder how they'd change this time.
Well, we don't know that any of them got a gigantamax, we only know that they're available in Galar. Which is kind of a big deal now, what with Dexit and all.

There's nothing suggesting it has a Gigantamax. Just that it exists in the dex

Cool new trailer. Like the new look at the games. I initially learned about it through a reaction vid on my youtube recommend and I thought the young looking girl from the trailer was Bonnie but Galar for a second. I was like "wha?" and then I saw it was a reaction vid to a new trailer.

Good to see Lapras in there, as it is now just further confirming the already confirmed leak. Excited to see it's Gigantamax form. The Mantine look amazing jumping out of the water like they are. That is really cool.

Not convinced that Pikachu or whatever will have a Gigantamax form, only Dynamax.

Still thinking only fully-evolved pokemon from Gen 8 can Gigantamax. If you think about it... otherwise, it would be a lot of work. And GF pressed for time.

Not convinced that Pikachu or whatever will have a Gigantamax form, only Dynamax.

Still thinking only fully-evolved pokemon from Gen 8 can Gigantamax. If you think about it... otherwise, it would be a lot of work. And GF pressed for time.
Only certain species can Gigantamax so it wouldn't be that much work. And we have a well-proven leak that describes Gigantamax Lapras in detail so I'm positive that it isn't Gen 8-only.

I wouldn't exclude that all past megas get a giga form in Galar, honestly. This would be a small consolation for the lack of their previous forms.
Anyway, have you noticed in the last scene how they are comparing Zacian and Zamazenta?

They really look like two forms of the same pokemon, or two brothers pokemon, or two evolutions of the same pokemon. It's also quite weird that we don't have their gameplay, types, abilities and proportions yet and that these are the first legends that are still unknown to people in their own region. Not counting that they are not that legendary pokemon in design (at least not as much as the previous legends). Something is going on with these two imo. I hope they don't mess it up with their plot and let them be the usual finale showdown with the evil man/woman who needs them to destroy the world.

Back
Top Bottom