• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Not necessarily, because Vulpix (more specifically Ninetales, but still) already has supernatural aspects in its regular form. It already fits in with a spiritual place, whereas it would be jarring in an icy biome.

The same could be said for Cubone and Marowak more or less, although not movepool-wise. Yet Marowak still received a Ghost form. In fact, a Ghost-type Alolan form for the Vulpix line should have been stimulated had it resided in a spooky area as Exeggutor's Alolan form is stimulated by being exposed to the sun oftenly. According to your reasoning, Exeggutor should not have gotten an Alolan form as it already fits in with a tropical habitat. It's actually completely the opposite. Stimulation also results into change. I find regular Exeggutor to be much more tropical-looking than I find regular Ninetales to be spooky-looking.

2) If you want to go down the road of could-have-been hypotheticals, we can perform custom rewrites on pretty much anything in the franchise in order to support virtually any argument. I'm only trying to look at it from the view of the games as they actually happened, and as we can clearly observe.

I find Vulpix trying to acclimate in a snowy area in a region like Alola to be very bizarre, but whatever. And where does that Fairy-type come from? Also whatever...

3) Practically speaking, I'm not sure there's much that you actually can apply logic to in Pokémon - it's a very loose, exaggerated reality that makes relatively few attempts to justify itself according to realistic standards, and marketing ultimately takes precedence over everything (see: Mega Mewtwo).

That's what identity crisis and lust for money combined do to a company. I'm specifically talking about Mega Mewtwo; disproportionate marketing...

Last edited:
In fact, a Ghost-type Alolan form for the Vulpix line should have been stimulated had it resided in a spooky area as Exeggutor's Alolan form is stimulated by being exposed to the sun oftenly. According to your reasoning, Exeggutor should not have gotten an Alolan form as it already fits in with a tropical habitat. It's actually completely the opposite. Stimulation also results into change. I find regular Exeggutor to be much more tropical-looking than I find regular Ninetales to be spooky-looking.

That's a fair point. Personally, I would take your last sentence and contend that that's precisely why Exeggutor might be more affected by the sunlight in Alola (because it is literally a tropical plant that feeds on sunlight, so having more of that allows it to flourish), whereas a Ninetales in a spiritual environment is not similarly elevated (because the supernatural aspect of Ninetales is a comparatively less-prominent trait - it might help it to settle comfortably in a haunted environment, but that doesn't mean the available resources have dramatically increased (as in Exeggutor's case) or decreased, or that Ninetales has had to find a new way of surviving in a hostile environment, which is why it became an Ice-type in Alola), but at this point we're just dueling with our headcanons.

If we look at some Pokédex entries, Ninetales and Exeggutor are very similar cases, that being both having origins we're not familiar with. But yeah, I also guess this debate has reached its end.

I had a dream where the Gen 4 Remake was announced in 2020, and the games were called Pokemon PastDiamond and FuturePearl, with a post game story called PresentPlatinum.

Yeah those names sound kinda odd but hey, it's Game Freak.

Time to pull a Yandere Sim flex: get volunteers and work on the game over the course of 10 years!

I doubt Yandere Sim will ever release /sadface

I had a dream where the Gen 4 Remake was announced in 2020, and the games were called Pokemon PastDiamond and FuturePearl, with a post game story called PresentPlatinum.

Yeah those names sound kinda odd but hey, it's Game Freak.

I had a dream but it was called PurePlatinum

I'm thinking that these games (if they are a part of Gen 8) might feature Dynamax and Gigantamax like how ORAS included Mega Evolution.

Considering that Sword & Shield are taking out Megas, I find that unlikely unless X & Y are also getting remade, but I highly doubt that's happening.

I agree it’s unlikely but it would make more sense IMO lore wise than to suddenly have Kaiju everywhere...

Although would this explain the giant Dragonite from episode 13 “Mystery at the Lighthouse” / マサキのとうだい/Masaki's Lighthouse?

I can see the whole Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing thing being influenced by Origin Dialga and Origin Palkia in terms of lore, much like how Mega Rayquaza took away the Primal forms from Groudon and Kyogre.

We can dream.

I don't think that Origin Dialga and Palkia are happening unless they let us access their home dimensions, which I don't think is going to happen.

I don't think that Origin Dialga and Palkia are happening unless they let us access their home dimensions, which I don't think is going to happen.
It's going to happen, ORAS allowed Rayquaza to go to space even though the original Gen 3 games didn't. If Rayquaza went to space, then I can definitely see them letting us access Dialga's and Palkia's dimensions.

It's going to happen, ORAS allowed Rayquaza to go to space even though the original Gen 3 games didn't. If Rayquaza went to space, then I can definitely see them letting us access Dialga's and Palkia's dimensions.
Also, Origin forms wouldn't be exciting because all they would do is switch their offensive and defensive stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom