• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

Come on, now. You know the answer to this. It's because Impidimp's a Dark/Fairy typing, a never before seen element. They reveal things in progressive order.
I really don't think that new type combos are that important to delay a reveal. Plus we have already seen it so... not a surprise.

Come on, now. You know the answer to this. It's because Impidimp's a Dark/Fairy typing, a never before seen element. They reveal things in progressive order.
If this were true, we would've seen Impidimp by the time the Japan expo was over.

Sigh.. I think I was answering the question "Between Yamper and Impidimp, why was Yamper originally revealed and not both?"

So you can't change the question.

But yes, it's possible there will still be some common mono-typing pokemon to be revealed after Impidimp. This is all marketing.

Sigh.. I think I was answering the question "Between Yamper and Impidimp, why was Yamper originally revealed and not both?"

But yes, it's possible there will still be some common mono-typing pokemon to be revealed after Impidimp. This is all marketing.
??? What are you responding to? This doesn't line up with anything that anyone has said.

The original question was why wasn't Impidimp "officially" revealed. So all these posts about Impidimp already being unofficially revealed does not help answer the question.

The original question was why wasn't Impidimp "officially" revealed. So all these posts about Impidimp already being unofficially revealed does not help answer the question.
....and I just said that its type combo isn't that important to warrant delaying its official reveal, considering that it's really just not that important and its official unofficial reveal has already made that combo far less surprising to warrant even trying to announce it like it is.

Who's changing the question? You're not making any sense.

Like Oriden said, there's really no reason to delay the reveal because the public already knows everything about Impidimp.

....and I just said that its type combo isn't that important to warrant delaying its official reveal, considering that it's really just not that important and its official unofficial reveal has already made that combo far less surprising to warrant even trying to announce it like it is.
So then what's your theory as to why Yamper was chosen to be "officially" revealed over Impidimp.

Who's changing the question? You're not making any sense.

Like Oriden said, there's really no reason to delay the reveal because the public already knows everything about Impidimp.
Why, the people that are saying Impidimp has already been revealed.

So then what's your theory as to why Yamper was chosen to be "officially" revealed over Impidimp.
Could have something to do with its presence in a gym wall banner having more importance than it appears. Or they just decided not to reveal it yet for some other reason. But I'm sure that it has nothing to do with its type combo because type combos aren't a big hype to most people.

Why, the people that are saying Impidimp has already been revealed.
No one is changing the question by saying that. We all know it exists, we just want to know why it hasn't been announced yet. Type combo does not explain it because that part isn't a notable surprise by any stretch of the imagination.

I think that some- or all- of the gym sponsor banners might correlate to actual visitable businesses in the Galar region.

One possible example being the banner on the right here in the grass gym depicting Gossifleur-

View: https://youtu.be/p_dgvgpC8Nw?t=128

And this shop with a Gossifleur standing outside it-

View: https://youtu.be/PpjVUOJkX-s?t=323

If they are intending to draw more attention to that in a trailer, then perhaps that could be why Impidimp's official reveal has been put on delay.

Pokenchi has never been a reliable source for new reveals. Most of the time its stuff we already know. They'll show some new footage, like how they showed us the video chat with Professor Kukui in SuMo's opening, but I can't ever recall a time when they have showcased new reveals like new Pokemon or characters.

All right, more info on the 21st. New information has been revealed on here before, so it's highly likely it will be the same this time. Hopefully they show off Impidimp too.
I'll add it to the list, but they very rarely get new information. =/ If we're lucky, though, it might indicate a trailer to be released beforehand? Or it'll just... be covering the Gigantamax that we've already seen. Regardless, worth keeping an eye on!

Edit: Welp, just found that Donphan is still in Mewtwo Strikes Back EVOLUTION so there's nothing Gen 8 there and what a missed opportunity it is.

Last edited:
For gen 7, July pokenchi had pretty much nothing but a trailer dropped a couple of days later. That's really the only scenario I see happening here.
Which I think is a likely scenario. They have released up to two trailers in a single month a couple times if I recall.

Back
Top Bottom