• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

What does Corsola have to do with Anorith, again? And besides sharing a type with the Omanyte line, Corsola is quite different from them as well.

Dunno. But whenever I talk about Corsola, its typing is the common factor in determining why Corsola is worse than them. Can't say, but that's what I've been exposed to,

My second favorite evolution line in Pokemon is Binacle/Barbaracle. The only things I've ever heard people say about them are that they're creepy or ugly. It's completely true, but to me Binacle is so ugly that it just starts looking cute again. Its pouty face is kind of adorable. Barbaracle is a neat take on the multi-headed Pokemon, where the different individuals make up the limbs of the Pokemon instead of just being 7 Binacle on a rock à la Magneton or Dugtrio. Also, it can slap you in the face with its face and that amuses me.

I like a lot of the object-based Pokemon too, like Klefki, Vanilluxe, and Garbodor. They've got a certain charm to them that I just can't help but love.

O V E R K I L L

Anything good or fun that takes flak for being "poorly designed" will probably reach this list for me. I hate how this fanbase is continuing to emphasize physical appearance over behavior, personality quirks, stats, moves, et cetera. I will love a stick figure if it's an amusing character or fun to battle with.

Recently, thanks to a HeartGold playthrough (I got a new one since my previous one was glitching all the time), I came to appreciate how good Doduo and Dodrio are. Sure, you can't catch a Doduo until just before the league, but since I had heard a fair amount of praise for it in best teams on Youtube, I decided to breed a Doduo and try it out. While I'm not very far in HG right now, I've come to see why Doduo and Dodrio are actually the best Flying-types in Kanto and most of Johto. It may not be as durable as Skarmory, but it's fast and packs a heck of a punch, able to smash pretty much everything in it's way. My Doduo absolutely destroyed Bugsy's Scyther before it could do remotely anything (it helped that I traded over a spare Aerial Ace TM from my stockpiled collection in Platinum), and she's proving to be an MVP, right alongside Quilava. While Crobat is faster and a bit bulkier, it lacks any really strong moves, while Doduo and Dodrio not only have a lot of raw power, but good moves to go with it. So, I've come to really like Doduo and Dodrio. It's not that I didn't like them before, they were just kinda "Meh" to me way back when. Not anymore.

Masters776.png
Turtonator is my favorite Pokémon and I'd say it falls into that category of few-people-like-it (I even made a post about it on r/pokemon and one of the comments was "I forgot this Pokémon existed"). Its lack of popularity is quite frustrating because there's barely any merchandise, cards, and fan-art of it, but I still love my Blast Turtle Pokémon.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom